MIUIRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still blown away that you got this working. Again Great job M1cha. i see you already fixed the battery icon. thanx for that as well. Do you think it will be possible to add option to mount usb storage connected using OTG?

I created an update.zip for installing miuirecovery :)
The Download-link in the OP now links to a folder where you can find all releases.

About OTG: I'll try it but it's hard to debug because with OTG connected I don't have ADB :)

Reactions: type-R and grondinm
I created an update.zip for installing miuirecovery :)
The Download-link in the OP now links to a folder where you can find all releases.

About OTG: I'll try it but it's hard to debug because with OTG connected I don't have ADB :)

and can you reverse this process and go back how it was ?

nice work ;)

i saw the code,you forked some other projekt that pretend to be the miui recovery, is this really the sourcecode of the default preinstalled recovery ?

i also saw that you correct the battery position, will you update the binary data or give instruction to compile it from sources?

it also show the defaut recovery for 1-2 seconds then yours, is it possible to only show yours ?

this is the sourcecode of a community-driven recovery: MIUIRecovery(this one) - not MiRecovery(stock).
I'll publish updates update-zips and recovery-images when I think we there are enough changes to publish a update.

You can read the reason for MiRecovery in the OP. I'm working on this by reverse engineering MiRecovery but this will take it's time.

ok thanks a lot for the informations
i really like your work ;)

MIUIRecovery is a lot better (the colors are like MIUI, and the features like CWM ^^ ) than MiRecovery

this should had been the defaut recovery on the MI2 !

question : with this recovery, will it still be possible to apply updates with the MIUI update programm ?
or will this not work with this new recovery...

is it needed to rename the recovery-install.sh after each rom update ?

The MIUI updater app does not use the recoverymode.
It installs into the unused system and then changes the bootmode.

You need to reinstall MIUIRecovery after each ROMUpdate. Maybe I could block updating recovery from within recovery but I can't block the updater app.

The MIUI updater app does not use the recoverymode.
It installs into the unused system and then changes the bootmode.

You need to reinstall MIUIRecovery after each ROMUpdate. Maybe I could block updating recovery from within recovery but I can't block the updater app.

Tell ibot, to mod the script for mi2 rom to point to your recovery and you should be OK( in theory :p)

Sent from my Nexus S

Tell ibot, to mod the script for mi2 rom to point to your recovery and you should be OK( in theory :p)

Sent from my Nexus S
I can start to implement this recovery for M2, and after our testing iBotPeaches can merge my changes into main script.
This is how we introduce other mods like sms rotation or 4wayreboot.

Reactions: lekzzz
about "install from SD", is it possible to flash custom roms with their original name [eg: miuirom_build_0.1.zip] or it should be renamed update.zip to work?
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.