MIUIRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found a way :D
You'll see MiRecovery(stock version) for 2seconds and then MIUIRecovery starts.
The reason for that is that I did not find a way to initialize display and so I wait until stock-recovery did that.
You can reboot into system0 and system1 just like on stock-recovery.
RomManager is supported, too.

Download:
http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=10909#files

Sourcecode:
https://github.com/M1cha/miui_recovery

Installation:
Note: you can use the update-zip, too. It will automate the whole progress. Just rename it to update.zip, copy it to /sdcard/ and install it via (any) recovery.
1) delete or rename the file /system/etc/install-recovery.sh via ADB or with a root-explorer of your choise(I can recommend SolidExplorer)
2) flash the image via fastboot(MiFlash could work but I did not test it)
fastboot-command: fastboot flash recovery miuirecovery.img

Screenshots:
View attachment 5205 View attachment 5208View attachment 5206View attachment 5207
So if I do via update.zip I won't have to do step 1 and 2?

maybe it will be possible to flash THIS recovery into the partition, where the install-recovery script get the default recovery...
but i guess this should only be done after this recovery does not need the stock one anymore ;)

I can start to implement this recovery for M2, and after our testing iBotPeaches can merge my changes into main script.
This is how we introduce other mods like sms rotation or 4wayreboot.

i would not say force this recovery onto everyone. Some might prefer to stick to the stock recovery. The only thing that should be done with the rom is the removal of the install-recovery.sh script that way those of us who want to use MIUIRecovery instead of Mi-recovery don't have to reflash it after every update.

That's exactly what I think. Official Cyanogenmod-ROM's do not contain recovery, too.
MIUIRecovery will not be the only recovery-application we'll have ;)

i would not say force this recovery onto everyone. Some might prefer to stick to the stock recovery. The only thing that should be done with the rom is the removal of the install-recovery.sh script that way those of us who want to use MIUIRecovery instead of Mi-recovery don't have to reflash it after every update.
Nothing new gets into dev builds unless I agree to its merge so :)

i think m1cha has some new cooler stuff this MiRecovery is already out-of-date, iam already testing. That's crazy this guy got further with Recovery development in 1 week as the whole community in 3 months.

i think m1cha has some new cooler stuff this MiRecovery is already out-of-date, iam already testing. That's crazy this guy got further with Recovery development in 1 week as the whole community in 3 months.
And what you have done..?

Status
Not open for further replies.