[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the great mod. I like it.

I have 1 problem on DATE
I follow the 1st post guide to enter the date format. no issue on TIME.

I entered: "E, dd MMM" (without quote)
I got = "1, 04 9" (without quote)

please help me, thx

I had try all possible input, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, MMM, MMMMM,
all these inputs suppose to show alphabet but I got all numbers. either is 1 or 2 digit numbers

p/s: I'm running MIUI 1.8.26

That is wierd.... You did flash the proper version of the mod for 1.8.26? Maybe Andy can figure it out...

I had try all possible input, E, EE, EEE, EEEE, MMM, MMMMM,
all these inputs suppose to show alphabet but I got all numbers. either is 1 or 2 digit numbers

p/s: I'm running MIUI 1.8.26

Make sure you use upper case. Lower case letters have different functions.

Make sure you use upper case. Lower case letters have different functions.

thanks for replied. yup, I know is case sensitive..
what I found out now is, the input are correct. is something wrong from the rom.
As I found out stock Alarm also show Mon,Tue,Wed... as 1,2,3...

any idea?

thanks for replied. yup, I know is case sensitive..
what I found out now is, the input are correct. is something wrong from the rom.
As I found out stock Alarm also show Mon,Tue,Wed... as 1,2,3...

any idea?

You are probably using a language that is not natively supported by android OS, meaning, it's DayOfWeek and Month won't show as text but rather numeric.

Not much to do about this...

hi Andy, may i request that you do the same changes you did in 1.9.2 in 1.8.26? im afraid that i will not be updating my x10 to 1.9.2 soon, because Trip is not available at the moment to port the latest miui, so, i and the other x10/miui 1.8.26 users are stucked. i hope you consider this request of mine. thank you so much.

nice mod, but i have chinese afte i flash it in the "notification" and "togle" indicator of status bar

screenshot.jpg

i have changle the Locale to Greece with more locale2 if this can help you

tsokaris this mod only works with english version of miui. you need to translate it for yourself

Is there a Fascinate user out there? Could you let me know if the Signal Bars are still an issue with the latest versions?
Thanks

Is there a Fascinate user out there? Could you let me know if the Signal Bars are still an issue with the latest versions?
Thanks

for anyone that likes to use the extended settings mod from miuiandroid.com, andmer & chopperthedog helped me to fix the broken signal bars when applying the mod. you have to decompile the extended settings systemui.apk, delete the file "StatusBarPolicy.smali", then take that exact file from the systemui.apk from the original miui rom and place it into the extended settings systemui.apk. then compile & sign the apk. i use the centered clock version of the mod so heres a db link for anyone not wanting to mess around with the .apks.... http://db.tt/PN2brxO

just flash in recovery...again, thank andmer & chopperthedog for telling me how to fix this

for fascinate

clock center / icons switched... http://db.tt/FPxfaL4

clock center... http://db.tt/NGyOskx

clock right... http://db.tt/01aPqng

all based off 1.9.2 v2 extended settings mod with working home button, signal bars...thanks to original creator of mod...and andmer and chopperthedog for guiding me to the fix!

my initial boot gave me the the "force close" vibrates during boot animation, just pull battery and then it boots fine...only happens on initial boot, switching between mods after is good.

Andy, thanks for a great mod...here is a link to the file needed to make the signal bars work on the fascinate.

http://db.tt/2vWINMm

You need to decompile systemui.apk in your mod, and replace the file "StatusBarPolicy.smali" in the systemui smali folder with this one...then compile and sign.

Thanks again, and I hope I helped.

I can't get to the settings app. Don't see it anywere. I'm on MIUI 1.9.2 with extended mod v2.. SGS i9000. App is in system/app but doesn't show in app drawer. I've already fixed permissions.

Thanks

Here's some example Date Formats:-

For the month of September:
M -> 9
MM -> 09
MMM -> Sep
MMMM -> September

For 7 minutes past the hour:
m -> 7
mm -> 07
mmm -> 007
mmmm -> 0007

Examples for April 6, 1970 at 3:23am:
"MM/dd/yy h:mmaa" -> "04/06/70 3:23am"
"MMM dd, yyyy h:mmaa" -> "Apr 6, 1970 3:23am"
"MMMM dd, yyyy h:mmaa" -> "April 6, 1970 3:23am"
"E, MMMM dd, yyyy h:mmaa" -> "Mon, April 6, 1970 3:23am"
"EEEE, MMMM dd, yyyy h:mmaa" -> "Monday, April 6, 1970 3:23am"
"'Noteworthy day: 'M/d/yy" -> "Noteworthy day: 4/6/70"

How do the Dates and Numbers work? Im clueless as to how M=9

I may not fully understand how this MOD works. Earlier I used it for switching off wallpaper scrolling and nothing more. I don't need Google sign instead of carrier, I don't need any fancy date modifications, all I need is switching off that damned wallpaper scrolling. Is there a way to do it? I'm on 1.9.2 Defy. Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.