New No internet connection at all when Wifi signal becomes average (Xiaomi 14 houji)

jericho246

Members
Dec 12, 2018
There appears to be a bug (specific to houji?) with Wifi connection

Initially I wasn't aware of this, but a user from a telegram group asked me to step away from my router a bit to see if the connection becomes unavailable when the signal is a bit weaker. And as you can see on the screenshot, no internet.

I am on HyperOS by xiaomi.eu (initial release).

wifi.jpg

I have the same problem, disconnection from the network, Internet access errors, etc., attempts to fix were unsuccessful, flashing also did not help

Attachments

• IMG_20231119_115432_818.jpg
    IMG_20231119_115432_818.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 274
Latest weekly seems to fix this problem..
Where I got the bug yesterday, today after flashing the latest weekly, it's gone.

Gesendet von meinem 23127PN0CC mit Tapatalk

Reactions: jericho246
Does anyone have a solution for this as it is seriously hindering the use of this phone at home? Is it worth trying a full reset?

Does anyone have a solution for this as it is seriously hindering the use of this phone at home? Is it worth trying a full reset?
Some people had it happen on the CN ROM as well, seems like a very hard issue to solve would be willing to sort out logs if the devs tell us how to give them they might be able to find something then.

Xiaomi 14
Hyper os 1.0.24.1.11 dev
At an average distance from the router, the Internet connection drops!!!

I am using Xiaomi 14 with 1.0.23.12.13.DEV and had the same issue. I turned off "Switch between networks" by chance, and the issue was improved a little but not fully resolved.

1000001302.jpg

Last edited:
I might have found a solution although i'm not sure, if you guys have enabled fast transition on your router, try setting security key to WPA 2 - WPA 3 on both networks, it's been couple of hours without drop i'm still testing it.

23116PN5BC cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Edit: Still got the problem this didn't resolve the issue.

Last edited:
In the new weekly the problem is solved. I had big problems in my Asus AX WLAN (big house with 4 repeaters) and now all is fine.

Reactions: ElvisLa
I still have the issue on latest weekly and am not seeing any improvement. Wifi connected but no Internet.

No, for me it is solved. No problems with Asus Zenwifi AX anymore. I can walk through the whole house and have clean WLAN in the overlapping zones. Everything is also working again in the garden around the edges with low signal. The only problem is still when WLAN and Bluetooth are connected at the same time. Then I have a lot of dropouts in the WLAN and poor speed.

No, for me it is solved. No problems with Asus Zenwifi AX anymore. I can walk through the whole house and have clean WLAN in the overlapping zones. Everything is also working again in the garden around the edges with low signal. The only problem is still when WLAN and Bluetooth are connected at the same time. Then I have a lot of dropouts in the WLAN and poor speed.
Thanks for sharing your solution.

The problem is partially solved on my Xiaomi 14 with the new weeky rom. The internet now works with weak wifi signal, but the problem is that if the wifi is disconnected when my phone is in a low signal area, it cannot reconnect to the wifi, neither automatically nor manually. I have to go closer to the wifi router to reconnect. Do you observe the same problem?

Maybe it's because I always have Bluetooth connected. I have reset network to see if that helps.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

The problem is partially solved on my Xiaomi 14 with the new weeky rom. The internet now works with weak wifi signal, but the problem is that if the wifi is disconnected when my phone is in a low signal area, it cannot reconnect to the wifi, neither automatically nor manually. I have to go closer to the wifi router to reconnect. Do you observe the same problem?
Have you turned off all 3 options at WLAN/network acceleration