Official LOLLIPOP based MIUI 6 for MI2/Mi2s coming in late Jan 2015

oile

Members
Jul 15, 2013
It doesn't seem to be already posted here but seems so important.
I'm just pasting here this link
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=72427

Hey MIUIers,

Since the unveiling of MIUI 6 on August 16, 2014, we have released MIUI 6 developer version and stable version for Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Pad and Redmi Note 4G, and MIUI 6 special edition for Mi 2/2S/2A.

We have been working on MIUI 6 for other devices as well. However, MIUI 6 porting development takes more time than we expected due to the large number of devices and lots of research work on Android L. We are really sorry for having kept you waiting so long.

Here's the latest schedule:
1. Most Redmi phones will get MIUI 6 based on Android 4.4
2. Redmi 1S 3G W/C might get MIUI 6 based on Android L directly, so the release time might be delayed
3. MIUI 6 special edition for Mi 2/2S/2A is not perfect yet, so we've decided to develop it based on Android L later.

Timeline for MIUI 6 for Redmi Phones

Time

Device

Android Version

Dec.30, 2014

Redmi 1S 4G (TD)

Android 4.4

Jan. 13, 2015

Redmi Note 3G (TD / WCDMA)

Android 4.4

Early Feb., 2015

Redmi1S 3G (TD)

Android 4.4

Middle Feb.,2015

Redmi 1 (TD / WCDMA)

Android 4.4

Late March, 2015

Redmi 1S 3G (WCDMA / CDMA)

Android 4.4 / L (to be confirmed)

Timeline for MIUI 6 for Mi Phones

Time

Device

Android Version

Late Jan., 2015

Mi2 / 2S / 2A

Android L

Note: The above mentioned ROMs all refer to China ROM, not global ROM.

Sorry again! We'll do what we can to release MIUI 6 for more devices. Really hope you can understand.Thank you very much! We'll keep you updated.

MIUI Team

No words about official, I think they mean Special Edition a.k.a. Ivan's AOSP / MIUI 6 hybrid.

The info comes from miui team not from a Ivan's tweet. Miui team said that miui 6 would have been released for mi2s only on 4.1 because of testing. Now there's no trace of 4.1 for any device, they are switching to lollipop.
However, I'm interested in this as long as they provide a New lollipop kernel source for M1cha and Linuxx

If this is real, holy s**t! Can't wait for proper bluetooth (that works with Pebble smartwatches) on lollipop!

Official miui team opened beta test of Lollipop miui v6 and started searching beta tester on en.miui.com :) they are even respecting timeline

I hope will not be like the MIUI 6 Special Edition update this time, and that we will see a real update.

I applied for beta testing... Hope I'll go through
Anyway, can't be that long before it's released now

no, it's against rules and if he does, he will be automatically fired from beta team (forever)

What prevents him from making a new account under a fake name to post the ROM? How will they know where the ROM leaked? *hint hint* :p

I never understood why they made beta testing private like this. With small, confidential stuff I understand, but really, why would you keep something like this from a community so big? The more feedback you can get, the better, I'd think.

Because there are always people which don't read carefully and are flashing open betas without having any idea what type of rom they are going to use.
And sadly these are the first ones which are bitching about tons of bugs and so on. So keep calm, there are only a few days to go. If you really want to test it sign up yourself for the beta ;)

Because there are always people which don't read carefully and are flashing open betas without having any idea what type of rom they are going to use.
And sadly these are the first ones which are bitching about tons of bugs and so on. So keep calm, there are only a few days to go. If you really want to test it sign up yourself for the beta ;)

Agreed, but would people who don't know what a ROM is really go and install random roms from a forum?
Anyways, I did sign up for the beta, but the chances are slim I'm going to get in (thanks to their disgusting credit system on there). That's exactly the reason why I'm hoping someone leaks it.

Agreed, but would people who don't know what a ROM is really go and install random roms from a forum?
Yes, there were a lot of them in my previous phone's forum. XDA was filled with posts from people which flashed something without reading what it is and then wandered they can't root or have bugs. No matter there was pinned thread in all sections. I think that on Xiaomi it wouldn't be much better. But I'm new on Xiaomi. Maybe I'm wrong.

In miui forum all mi2 lollipop v6 are too boringWhy this old phone and not my redmi!
And for mi3...
MI 4 is newest flagship, better focus on that.
I hope to se what they made, anyone know at least kernel version used ?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

In miui forum all mi2 lollipop v6 are too boringWhy this old phone and not my redmi!
And for mi3...
MI 4 is newest flagship, better focus on that.
I hope to se what they made, anyone know at least kernel version used ?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk
Because the Mi2S is the Mi2S! XD

Ok, it's because they want to test the rom, for my opinion.