Poco M3 unreliable texting and calls / slow to receive texts and calls

Burretploof

Members
Apr 12, 2021
Hey everyone,

I got a new Poco M3 recently and while almost everything works, I do have some issues with calls and texts.

Texts (2FA for example) often only arrive after multiple attempts, I have to keep hitting "send again" buttons until I maybe receive one (!) of those texts.

Similar things happen with calls. Earlier today someone called me and according to them they let it ring for five times or so before hanging up. My phone only started ringing a second before they hung up. I confirmed this by calling myself using a landline.

My SIM card worked perfectly fine in my previous phone so I don't think that's the issue.

Did anyone encounter the same or similar issues? Is there something I can do about this?
Thanks.

Can you link to a guide about that?
As noob as I am, I only managed to succeed as far as flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_POCOM3_V12.0.9.0.QJFMIXM_v12-10.zip to then upgrade to 12.0.10.
No other roms I tried worked, and I've read I would need to find/flash an Android11 ROM before going any further

Finally found out a way to upgrade.
The path forward from A10 to A11 was through this unified rom xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote94G_HM9T_POCO_M3_21.5.27_v12-11.zip that I could not find on this website but instead found through XDA devs forum.
Then it was straightforward to install any AOSP.
And yes that did fix the SMS issue for me! Working like a charm now. Too bad I had to move away from a xiaomi.eu rom though.