Question about Mi Pad 4 LTE version 4/64GB

Kamen666

Members
Jan 13, 2019
Hello guys and greetings from Bulgaria,i just order my Mi pad4 from Ali and i choose multi language version.
I read and i want to install an EU rom,how I must proceed ?
There was two versions:
1.Multi-language verison is in stock in 2018/9/5.Now we provide both two verisons.
Multi-language version
Support multi-languages and google play, but don't support OTA.
Multi-language Version have 2 operating systems, Pure Android 8.1 system and MIUI system. We will randomly send one of the versions
Chinese Version Support English and Chinese, Google play and OTA.Click to get the Google play installation guide.
Is there any risk and anything to pay atention for ?
Thank You in advance
Sincerely
Kamen

Hello guys and greetings from Bulgaria,i just order my Mi pad4 from Ali and i choose multi language version.
I read and i want to install an EU rom,how I must proceed ?
There was two versions:
1.Multi-language verison is in stock in 2018/9/5.Now we provide both two verisons.
Multi-language version
Support multi-languages and google play, but don't support OTA.
Multi-language Version have 2 operating systems, Pure Android 8.1 system and MIUI system. We will randomly send one of the versions
Chinese Version Support English and Chinese, Google play and OTA.Click to get the Google play installation guide.
Is there any risk and anything to pay atention for ?
Thank You in advance
Sincerely
Kamen
If you plan to flash xiaomi.eu rom then just buy the cheapest one. Chinese version comes without Google play which you need to install separately. There are instructions which are very easy.
You will need to wait 300 hours until you are able to unlock your bootloader and flash xiaomi.eu rom

This is what I did and my mi pad 4 lte is flying :)

Sent from my MI 8 UD using Tapatalk

Reactions: dedeep and Kamen666
Thanks,I already order a multi language version... :)
Is there any problem to install the eu rom and it will gonna receive ota updates after that ?

Thanks,I already order a multi language version... :)
Is there any problem to install the eu rom and it will gonna receive ota updates after that ?
No problem at all.xiaomi.eu releases weekly ROM updates which you can flash through the updater

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kamen666
Thank you,so what i need to do when I receive my pad ?
Not much you can do. Search around for guides on how to unlock bootloader. You will need the MiFlash tool. Start the process and then it's wait time until the 300 hours pass.
After you unlock bootloader you will need to flash TWRP and flash the rom

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I got Mi Pad 4 plus with multi language yesterday and it already had unlocked bootloader (so will yours maybe too) then I just install TWRP with adb and install Xiaomi.eu

No they usually do not come with an unlocked bootloader unless they're allready running some weird shop rom.
If you bought a "Global" or "International" MI Pad 4 it's a shop rom of questionable origin that should be wiped ASAP.

If you get a new one directly from Gearbest/China it'll have a locked bootloader and run the orig. china stable ROM.

No they usually do not come with an unlocked bootloader unless they're allready running some weird shop rom.
If you bought a "Global" or "International" MI Pad 4 it's a shop rom of questionable origin that should be wiped ASAP.

If you get a new one directly from *******/China it'll have a locked bootloader and run the orig. china stable ROM.

How to check is it locked or not ?

Кто знает почему на некоторых играх на mi pad4 не работают звуковые эффекты! Одна из этих игр мортал комбат! Кто знает?

I just received it
Its says unlocked
So which version of eu rom i must download to receive a regular ota updates ?

У меня стояла прошивка miu 10 стабильная тоже самое было! Сейчас стоит стоит мiu 10.3 Beta! Что делать чтоб заработали звуковые эффекты в играх?

Yes you do get update notifications but they aren't ota updates.
It's manually full rom flashing through twrp every time, full sized rom download.
But you can reboot to ecovery from the updater.