Redmi 3s 3/32gb Completely Bricked. No Edl, No Fastboot, No Logo, No Led - Solved

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 3X' started by MaciekV, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Jaime DLH

Jaime DLHMembers

Aug 31, 2016
    Male
    Santiago, Chile
    Hi @Arjen , good to know it looks like it's getting better. Hope you can flash successfully.

If flashing fails, keep trying again. I've seen tips from other users in similar situations that trying again, even after a failed flash, can be successful without any other changes.

2. Arjen

ArjenMembers

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    Well, its now working for a 3,5 hours, so I think this is going nowhere.
    Progress monitor is doing nothing but it says: device is busy ...
    But then again...its a large rom.

I am a little scared to just plug it out now...

Maybe I'd better try it again with latest MiFlash.

Don't really know what to decide....

3. tommyboy7

tommyboy7Members

Jun 22, 2016
    Run miflash with admin privileges and use Miflash beta. That solved the "hello packet error" for me. I use Miflash from April 2016.
    It shoul take 10 minutes max, usually 2-3 minutes.

4. Arjen

ArjenMembers

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    Welll, step by step getting closer I think..
    The Mi flash Beta shows more progress, it first tries to get ping via firehose.
    The progress-bar turns green for the first 60 sec. and then "error", ping target fails.
    When I refresh and try to flas all again the "error" takes less time but is now "cannot read hello packet"
    So, the results are the same for Mi Flash Beta as administrator.

I think I need somekind of firehose software although I don't really know what firehose means other then somekind of hose to transport water to end a fire ;-).

For me it looks like a firehose is something that makes a channel from computer to phone to upload the new rom through.
    It looks like its blocked at one of the sides or it's not the right kind or version for my redmi 3s 3/32.

The search goes on .... thanks for all your input, you really help me to understand more.

Another question, could I be fighting somekind of hardware problem ?
    How can I check if my motherboard is still functioning well ?
    Can it be that for instance the motherboard flat cable is damaged ?
    It is one of the parts that is most offered on Aliexpress, so you can conclude that there must be a market for it and it gets damaged easily.

Mind you, I did absolutely nothing to get my phone in the state it is in now, it just stopped.
    After a slow and incomplete charge I took it out the charger because I needed my phone for a bikeride.
    Returning from that the phone was black and did not wake-up anymore.

Jaime DLH likes this.
  5. Jaime DLH

Jaime DLHMembers

Aug 31, 2016
    Male
    Santiago, Chile
    You sure have put a lot of effort into this. I hope you can recover your phone. Keep trying, it looks like you're getting closer every time!

6. Arjen

ArjenMembers

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    Found a programm called color.zip which scanned my com-ports and after that made a report of what is wrong with my phone.
    This report is attached.
    Some files are corrupted, I don't know how this could have happened.
    But, it is what it is...
    Now the next step...how do I repair this ...

Attached Files:

Share Our Site