Redmi 3s 3/32gb Completely Bricked. No Edl, No Fastboot, No Logo, No Led - Solved

Hi @Arjen , good to know it looks like it's getting better. Hope you can flash successfully.

If flashing fails, keep trying again. I've seen tips from other users in similar situations that trying again, even after a failed flash, can be successful without any other changes.

Well, its now working for a 3,5 hours, so I think this is going nowhere.
Progress monitor is doing nothing but it says: device is busy ...
But then again...its a large rom.

I am a little scared to just plug it out now...

Maybe I'd better try it again with latest MiFlash.

Don't really know what to decide....

Run miflash with admin privileges and use Miflash beta. That solved the "hello packet error" for me. I use Miflash from April 2016.
It shoul take 10 minutes max, usually 2-3 minutes.

Welll, step by step getting closer I think..
The Mi flash Beta shows more progress, it first tries to get ping via firehose.
The progress-bar turns green for the first 60 sec. and then "error", ping target fails.
When I refresh and try to flas all again the "error" takes less time but is now "cannot read hello packet"
So, the results are the same for Mi Flash Beta as administrator.

I think I need somekind of firehose software although I don't really know what firehose means other then somekind of hose to transport water to end a fire ;-).

For me it looks like a firehose is something that makes a channel from computer to phone to upload the new rom through.
It looks like its blocked at one of the sides or it's not the right kind or version for my redmi 3s 3/32.

The search goes on .... thanks for all your input, you really help me to understand more.

Another question, could I be fighting somekind of hardware problem ?
How can I check if my motherboard is still functioning well ?
Can it be that for instance the motherboard flat cable is damaged ?
It is one of the parts that is most offered on Aliexpress, so you can conclude that there must be a market for it and it gets damaged easily.

Mind you, I did absolutely nothing to get my phone in the state it is in now, it just stopped.
After a slow and incomplete charge I took it out the charger because I needed my phone for a bikeride.
Returning from that the phone was black and did not wake-up anymore.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
The progress-bar turns green for the first 60 sec. and then "error", ping target fails.
When I refresh and try to flas all again the "error" takes less time but is now "cannot read hello packet"

I think I need somekind of firehose software although I don't really know what firehose means other then somekind of hose to transport water to end a fire ;-).

For me it looks like a firehose is something that makes a channel from computer to phone to upload the new rom through.
It looks like its blocked at one of the sides or it's not the right kind or version for my redmi 3s 3/32.

The search goes on .... thanks for all your input, you really help me to understand more.

It is one of the parts that is most offered on Aliexpress, so you can conclude that there must be a market for it and it gets damaged easily.

Mind you, I did absolutely nothing to get my phone in the state it is in now, it just stopped.
After a slow and incomplete charge I took it out the charger because I needed my phone for a bikeride.
You sure have put a lot of effort into this. I hope you can recover your phone. Keep trying, it looks like you're getting closer every time!

Found a programm called color.zip which scanned my com-ports and after that made a report of what is wrong with my phone.
This report is attached.
Some files are corrupted, I don't know how this could have happened.
But, it is what it is...
Now the next step...how do I repair this ...

Attachments

• Naamloos.png
    Naamloos.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 2,126
Hi,

I was in similar situation with my Redmi 3S (with 3GB ram and 32GB rom). After I had tried to flash global rom several times to the phone it was detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E" by my PC. Then I found out the location of the test points on the motherboard and I managed to get it working again with global stable rom (previous was china stable). My device still has locked bootloader as I'm waiting for unlock permission. Hopefully you can find help to your situation from my post. You probably should clean your device drivers if you have manually forced them to be different. I did not do any manual device driver configuration in my Windows 10, it found the correct ones automatically.

I cannot give any warranty for the information I give, but I got my bricked Redmi 3S phone working with these steps:
- I recharged the battery with my USB charger for couple hours to be sure it had charge
- Disconnect USB cable from the phone
- Removed back cover
- Removed internal cover from motherboard held together by screws (one under MI -sticker)
- Removed battery connector
- Reattached battery connector
- Connected phone via known good USB cable to PC (connect straight to PC motherboard USB ports, do not use any USB hubs etc between phone and PC)
- Shorted the test point pins while holding "power" + "volume down" -buttons until device reboots. I used metal tweezers for mobile phone repair I got from ebay as the pins are small & there are components near.
The device should now be recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
Which means you are back in EDL-mode
- Flashed official Xiaomi global stable rom via miflash with "clean all" selected.
- After miflash had successfully flashed (took around 230seconds on my PC) I disconnected the phone from PC and removed battery connector.
- Reattach battery connector and press power to normally start phone. I was welcomed with normal MI-logo and the first start took somewhere near 15minutes.

The filename for the rom I downloaded from Xiaomi servers was: land_global_images_V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE_20160805.0000.29_6.0_global_470b843c10.tgz

The version of xiaomi flashing tool / miflash I used was "Miflash 2016.08.30.0" I got from Xiaomi flashing guide "method 3. fastboot upgrade" page.

I'm hoping to flash xiaomi.eu rom after I get the bootloader unlocked so I can install TWRP, but now I have again functional phone. :) I attached two pictures to this post, one with clear picture of motherboard and one with test points circled.

Photo of the motherboard where I have circled the pins that need to be short out for forcing EDL and battery connector:View attachment 13699

Samsa!
Thank you! You saved not only my phone, but me, my sleep and rest , cos I'm absolutely Exhausted for reading and watching uncomplete manuals/videos for the last 8 days/nights.
Thank you once again!!!

please my phone is redmi not4 and i cant do any thing it just metal nothing happen else red lamp when i connect it to usb:(

if you receive the error "cannot receive hello packet" you should enter the second download mode (ELD) . you need to press all 3 buttons of the phone(volume up, volume down and power) simultaneously until you see the mi logo. then quickly release the buttons and you should be in the second download mode. after that you can flash an official rom via miflash without any error.

WOW you saved my phone! Just to inform other ones, that your procedure is the only one that worked for me. Even if I couldn't see the Xiaomi Logo (my screen showed nothing, neither the LED was blinking), I could improvised a little bit with the timing (I did it pretty quickly after realesing the buttons) ... It's the only method that managed to avoid any error with my MiFlash Tool. (I used the beta version). To connect it to the PC it's easier to use a deep flash cable. And before connecting it to the PC, you should disconnect your battery for some seconds, like tommyboy7 already said..

Did you solve your problem? how does the story ended? Thanks

Are these methods still work in 2021? Can I enter edl mode with shortening green and black wires? Or Xiaomi blocked edl?

Hi,

I was in similar situation with my Redmi 3S (with 3GB ram and 32GB rom). After I had tried to flash global rom several times to the phone it was detected as "Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900E" by my PC. Then I found out the location of the test points on the motherboard and I managed to get it working again with global stable rom (previous was china stable). My device still has locked bootloader as I'm waiting for unlock permission. Hopefully you can find help to your situation from my post. You probably should clean your device drivers if you have manually forced them to be different. I did not do any manual device driver configuration in my Windows 10, it found the correct ones automatically.

I cannot give any warranty for the information I give, but I got my bricked Redmi 3S phone working with these steps:
- I recharged the battery with my USB charger for couple hours to be sure it had charge
- Disconnect USB cable from the phone
- Removed back cover
- Removed internal cover from motherboard held together by screws (one under MI -sticker)
- Removed battery connector
- Reattached battery connector
- Connected phone via known good USB cable to PC (connect straight to PC motherboard USB ports, do not use any USB hubs etc between phone and PC)
- Shorted the test point pins while holding "power" + "volume down" -buttons until device reboots. I used metal tweezers for mobile phone repair I got from ebay as the pins are small & there are components near.
The device should now be recognized as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
Which means you are back in EDL-mode
- Flashed official Xiaomi global stable rom via miflash with "clean all" selected.
- After miflash had successfully flashed (took around 230seconds on my PC) I disconnected the phone from PC and removed battery connector.
- Reattach battery connector and press power to normally start phone. I was welcomed with normal MI-logo and the first start took somewhere near 15minutes.

The filename for the rom I downloaded from Xiaomi servers was: land_global_images_V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE_20160805.0000.29_6.0_global_470b843c10.tgz

The version of xiaomi flashing tool / miflash I used was "Miflash 2016.08.30.0" I got from Xiaomi flashing guide "method 3. fastboot upgrade" page.

I'm hoping to flash xiaomi.eu rom after I get the bootloader unlocked so I can install TWRP, but now I have again functional phone. :) I attached two pictures to this post, one with clear picture of motherboard and one with test points circled.

Photo of the motherboard where I have circled the pins that need to be short out for forcing EDL and battery connector:View attachment 13699
Hi, I got same issue for my Redmi 3.
Will work this method for Redmi 3?

Thanks