Redmi 3s 3/32gb Completely Bricked. No Edl, No Fastboot, No Logo, No Led - Solved

Hi, bertarobert73, good hint. Thank You.
I tryed MIBeta yesterday already, did not help.
Disconnecting the batery sounds like a good idea, but then i don't see the QDLoader 9008 in Devicemanager.
I am connecting with a working USB Cabel straight to the PC.
I'll try using a different PC to night.

PS:
What lead to the situation (maby it gives some one else but me a clou):
I was on MIUI Stabel 7.5 Global from Vendor.
Bootloader unlocked. (MIUnlock Tool said: Nothing to do, bootloader already unlocked)
Flashed TWRP via fastboot and adb. Worked like a charm.
In TWRP flashed SuperSU for root. (File: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.79-20161211114519.zip)
Rebooted to System. Root worked like a charm.
Then reboot to recovery.
In TWRP again: flashed miui_HM3SGlobal_V8.0.3.0.MALMIDG_e67fb5fade_6.0.zip
flasched SuperSu again.
Wiped Cache.
Rebooted to system.... and WAM: black like outer space!

dowload this rom,first try recovery rom,if not work try full flash(QDLoader 9008)EDL mode.
When you dowload fasboot rom i think you must add .tgz extencion to the downloaded rom and after that you can extracted twice if my remember is good.
you can flash only LAND type of rom for redmi 3s
http://xiaomiadvices.com/download-miui-8-6616-china-developer-rom-recoveryfastboot/

land_images_6.6.16_20160523.0000.23_6.0_cn_066bbf4205 add .tgz

like this
land_images_6.6.16_20160523.0000.23_6.0_cn_066bbf4205.tgz
and
extract
extract with winrar of other ectractor.
after that flash the rom with MIFlash Beta !

Hi, Thanxs!
tryed it out, no luck.
No matter which Version of MIFlash i use, Beta, Beta2, MiFlash 15.10.28, MiFlash 2016.08.30, always the same.
can not read from port COM3.
DriverSignature Testing from WIN10 is disabled...
Ok. I made my self a deep flash cabel. With that i could switch the EDL mode on and off.
Off no device found in Devicemanager.
On QDLoader 9008 on port COM3 found.

But no flashing!

I think it dosent event get to the point of trying to flash any ting, because ist stops even before that.
can not read from port COM3.

so, still dead. Bricked.

I think it's not dead,but i dont know what is the problem!
I use this simple beta version with this rom and flash is ok!But flash time is very long around 1:20h !!!!
tray to change usb port and cable!

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2017.01.05_07h05m51s_001_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2017.01.05_07h05m51s_001_.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,221
Yep. Me too.
I tryed different kables, different USB Ports, different PC..... Nothing.

Well, all under win10. Mabey i'll try to finde me a Win7 PC.

I read somewhere something about a com Port sniffer.... Perhaps that will give me a hint about whats wrong....

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

Hi Helge,
As you are in EDL mode
You need to set the device tree to the flashable image:see Fastboot.jpg
Keep device tree as short as possible, miflash does not like long devive trees.

Attachments

• Fastboot.jpg
    Fastboot.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,397
Reactions: mnikolce
Hi Everyone,
tanxs again for your help.... so far still no luck! :-(

I change to an WIN7 PC and did the short device tree (as befor ) but... cannot read hello package from com port.

Here is a txt file with the protokoll from a COM Port sniffer i used to monitor the communication to the device:
Maybe, someone with more and deeper knowledge than me, can extrakt some usefull hint???

Attachments

• com_prot.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,047
Last edited:
ok... so here are my findings:

the Problem seams to be, that i seam to need a verry specific 7.x ROM.
I could flash Fastboot-ROMS land_global_ 7.1.5 and 7.5 Versions of MIUI.... but after succsessfully flashing (both on an win7 64 and on an win10 64 PC), the phone still was dead. Well the red charging LED at the bottom under the "home" soft button blinked, whenever i pressed the power button.
Besides that, nothing!

I cann succsessfully confirm the working of the TestPoint Method to enter EDL, though! Great work to you, who figured that out!

The device is a redmi 3s 3Gb 32 GB, without the LTE 800 band, bought from gearbest. I read some where, that some vendors flash thier own rom, wich seams to be the problem here. Since no other rom seams to work!

Maybe some one has an idea how to circumvent that problem?

Is there a method, to flash a recovery rom in EDL? Maybe that helps to clean this specific device of mine?

Thanys for your help!

Attachments

• redmi3s_3.PNG
    redmi3s_3.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 990
Hi everybody!

IT WORKS!

The blinking of the red charging LED should have given me the hint.
After flashing 7.1 and then 7.5.9 global that was "new".
If you are there, you've won!
I thought my battery was fully charged. Wrong. It was so empty, the device could not even boot anny more. Just charge it e Viola!
Now i even get the official OTA updates for 8.1.1!

So: case solved!

Thanx everybody for your hints and advice!

If you get to EDL, just choose right Rom, or try a few, eventualy youl will win!!!

I am flabberghasted and over joyed!

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: mnikolce
Hi, my redmi 3s is also "dead" and I have tried all of the above including making my own deepflash cable.
With that I can get a Qualcomm USB diagnostics 900E in my devicemanager, but when trying to flash with Miflash, Miflash is not able to find my device.
I am working on my laptop on USB3 and WIN10/64.
As I have the qualcomm ...I should be in EDL mode and be able to flash it.

What I have tried with my cable:
Put the usb in my computer, connect green and black, connect to my phone and release the green and black cable as soon as I hear my laptop make a sound for the qualcomm....
Also tried volume down / power and both volumebuttons...
I get the qualcomm USB diagnostics 900E every time but not further luck with miflash.

I also have another programm which I have used to flash my other redmi3s to european ROM.
Worked perfect for my other redmi3s but not for my brick.

A good idea ??? anyone ??

you didnt enter edl, since you have to see Qloader not Diagnostic. Maybe issue with drivers. Have you tried resetting it with pins on motherboard?

It is also possible that edl will not work since Xiaomi started to block it. You should be able to flash it in fastboot with chinese MiFlash.

Last edited:
Hi Tommyboy7,
I have deleted the qualcomm drivers and all bagage they carry in the registry.
Then installed new drivers and as soon as I connect my phone the diagnostic-version gets installed.
Strange huh ?

What do you mean by chinese Miflash, a latest chinese global rom ? or a chinese version of Miflash, the last I can't find anywhere.

I am now surching for someway to get the qloader installed. I think I have to find a sollution there.
Maybe try another computer.....

Sorry, i meant MIPCsuite. It is possible that the device will not go into edl mode anymore, even with derpflash cable. But Qualcomm diagnostics is a sign that the device is not in edl.

Yes, you need a chinese MiPCSuite then it will go. Just connect the device and choose the rom and fight through the chinese characters. It will start flashing and even if on the screen there is 0% it will flash, the phone will reboot and you will have Global rom on it. It surely works!

Help can be found here

Hi Tommyboy7,
I have deleted the qualcomm drivers and all bagage they carry in the registry.
Then installed new drivers and as soon as I connect my phone the diagnostic-version gets installed.
Strange huh ?

What do you mean by chinese Miflash, a latest chinese global rom ? or a chinese version of Miflash, the last I can't find anywhere.

I am now surching for someway to get the qloader installed. I think I have to find a sollution there.
Maybe try another computer.....

Last edited:
Hi, Thanks again.
Just tried this also. Installed the chinese version and worked with the provided link through the chinese characters.
But also this said that I needed to connect my mobile. Of course I had allready done that.
I even tried deconnecting my battery for 10sec. and using my deepflash cable and some power/volume combinations.

So, although the Chinese MI PC suite has some more options then the english version, it doesn't help me at this point.
I first need the system to find my connection.

Any idea how to get my phone-connection found by MIPCsuite, Miflash or whatever other programm ?

FYI, I also tried another computer...also the qualcomm diagnostics. But this seems logical as you allready explained.

Also tried adb devices....empty list.
So...somewhere between beeing recognized on a com port and beeing recognized as a device something is missing.

It seems that the phone doesn't get connected properly. Either its drivers issue, machine isssue (i presume you have x64 windows) or usb port issue.

Should try to connect on different computer!

If fastboot doesnt recognize your phone, then there definitely a driver issue.

Hi, Thanks again.
Just tried this also. Installed the chinese version and worked with the provided link through the chinese characters.
But also this said that I needed to connect my mobile. Of course I had allready done that.
I even tried deconnecting my battery for 10sec. and using my deepflash cable and some power/volume combinations.

So, although the Chinese MI PC suite has some more options then the english version, it doesn't help me at this point.
I first need the system to find my connection.

Any idea how to get my phone-connection found by MIPCsuite, Miflash or whatever other programm ?

FYI, I also tried another computer...also the qualcomm diagnostics. But this seems logical as you allready explained.

Also tried adb devices....empty list.
So...somewhere between beeing recognized on a com port and beeing recognized as a device something is missing.

Well, now I tried on my desktop computer instead of my Probook6570b win10/64.
This is also win 10/64.
At first I connected my mobile phone and nothing happened.
So the I installed the chinese Suite, assuming this has the drivers I need.
After that, connected my phone again...nothing.
Also not in PC Suite, it still is not found.

The I downloaded and installed some drivers I found at droidsavvy. Restarted my computer afterwarts, connected my phone and there it is again, the qualcomm diagnostics on COM 3. But still not found in PC suite.
What was different from my laptops is that QHUSB_BULK under "other devices" was gone after installing these drivers.

So...I am at the same place.
How can I get my phone to be recognized by the win10 / 64 system, that's is the question (you see, Shakespeare was wrong).

did you disable driver signature verification in windows? you should fo that.

Well, now I tried on my desktop computer instead of my Probook6570b win10/64.
This is also win 10/64.
At first I connected my mobile phone and nothing happened.
So the I installed the chinese Suite, assuming this has the drivers I need.
After that, connected my phone again...nothing.
Also not in PC Suite, it still is not found.

The I downloaded and installed some drivers I found at droidsavvy. Restarted my computer afterwarts, connected my phone and there it is again, the qualcomm diagnostics on COM 3. But still not found in PC suite.
What was different from my laptops is that QHUSB_BULK under "other devices" was gone after installing these drivers.

So...I am at the same place.
How can I get my phone to be recognized by the win10 / 64 system, that's is the question (you see, Shakespeare was wrong).

Well, by now you know that I don't have the knowledge you have...sorry for that.
I have disabled driver sign. verif. succesfully, installed new adb drivers for my redmi 3s on my laptop.
Running adb devices says demon not running, demon opened port 5037 or something like that.
And an empty list of devices.

No luck with PC suite also.
I have attached a printscreen of my device-manager, perhaps you can see some faults in this ?

Attachments

• device manager.png
    device manager.png
    119 KB · Views: 1,045
im sure its a simple solution but the device should be recognized without a problem. Darn....cant think of anything else, for that i should physically have the device.
I've managed to wake tens of bricked Xiaomis. Maybe the device itself has an issue. Out of ideas mate:)

Well, by now you know that I don't have the knowledge you have...sorry for that.
I have disabled driver sign. verif. succesfully, installed new adb drivers for my redmi 3s on my laptop.
Running adb devices says demon not running, demon opened port 5037 or something like that.
And an empty list of devices.

No luck with PC suite also.
I have attached a printscreen of my device-manager, perhaps you can see some faults in this ?

Thanks anyway. You gave me lots of ideas, and I have 3 computers with all different results.
But, just checking.....correct me if i am wrong please.

When I have a clean computer, I first disable driver signature verification
Do I have to install the redmi 3s (adb universal driver) afterwards ?
Then i connect my redmi to USB.
When it says qualcomm diags, I should be able to flash it by chinese MI PC suite.
At the same time it should be recognized under "other devices".

If not...well....I'll use my brick to build a house ..

Nope, you cannot flash anything with Qualcomm diagnostics. In MiPcSuite you can flash in fastboot or recovery mode. In Miflash you need fastboot mode, but if computer doesn't recognize it as a fastbot device, you will not be able to flash a thing.

Thanks anyway. You gave me lots of ideas, and I have 3 computers with all different results.
But, just checking.....correct me if i am wrong please.

When I have a clean computer, I first disable driver signature verification
Do I have to install the redmi 3s (adb universal driver) afterwards ?
Then i connect my redmi to USB.
When it says qualcomm diags, I should be able to flash it by chinese MI PC suite.
At the same time it should be recognized under "other devices".

If not...well....I'll use my brick to build a house ..

Well, I finally managed to get my phone in qualcomm qdloader 9008 state.
Somehow that seems like a good thing. So It is now visible in miflash but when trying to flash it says: cannot receive hello packet....
I have tried several stable roms.
Any idea how I can get past this ?

OK, i think it's flashing now. What worked for me, deconnect the battery for 10 sec and then connect again. Put in the USB cable in the phone, connect the testpoints and while keeping them connected, put the usb cable in the computer. The redmi is now in qdloader 9000.
Then used my homemade deepflash cable and connect green and black. Nothing hapened with that. The use 2015 miflash and flash V8.2.4.0 MALMIDL. Miflash says device is busy (for 4097 sec now) and progress indicator is doiing nothing. I just wait and see. Looks promissing.
It is more lifely then i have seen it in a few weeks.

Reactions: Jaime DLH