Status
Not open for further replies.

iDamn

Members
May 1, 2017
hai

so i just bought this phone, and long story short, the fastboot mode (volume down+power) will only display for about 10 seconds and then it will reboots itself into charging mode. doesn't matter if i use the key, or even use adb commands to get there. it will still reboot itself in short period of time.

why is this happening? i just want to unlock my bootloader thats all

hmm, that's what im trying to work for here. i need to use the fastboot mode, to unlock the bootloader with "mi unlock tool". all tutorials would lead up to going to fastboot and connect your phone to pc and proceed from there. the thing is my fastboot mode reboots itself but nobody else's does.

how do i go about unlocking bootloader without a properly working fastboot mode?

Have you enabled Allow OEM unlock and Fastboot mode from Developer options? Some phones need those and some don't, unlock could be little sketchy.

oke so im just gonna put a list of what i've done.

- apply with reasonable explaination when i was on global stable rom
- downloaded the mi unlock tool after i got SMS of confirmation from mi team
- enabled OEM and also USB debugging
- add device and account too
- logged in with the one and only mi account that i have
- flashed the global developer rom 7.2.16 because i read you need dev rom to unlock bootloader
- checked with adb and it said that it is ready

no, it is completely off or just charging. i could hear the disconnected voice my pc made he fastboot disappeared. it is definitely not on "screensaver".

the only thing to do from there is to boot up or just again and again.

even after i used the commands "adb reboot-bootloader" gave me the same results.

oke i can understand your suggestion. but no other phone ive seen that the fastboot mode reboots itself. im not talking about when its connected to a cable here.

even when im just trying the fastboot mode without any usb cable, it still reboots itself. its supposed to stay in that mode. why?

Help me !!!! My batt drain from 80% to 10% only in 3 hour !!! I'm using redmi note 4 mtk my current ROM is v8.0.4.0

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-03-09-41-07-668_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,480
even when im just trying the fastboot mode without any usb cable, it still reboots itself. its supposed to stay in that mode. why?
It should not do that.

Try MiFlash next fridays official Xiaomi developer rom in download mode and test again.

It should not do that.

Try MiFlash next fridays official Xiaomi developer rom in download mode and test again.
should i download it through updater or update it through updated (choose package file) after downloading the rom separately?

btw i just found out when i was in fastboot mode for that breif seconds, i discovered that my drivers are not properly installed in Device Manager. as you can see in the screenshot, i am unable to install any drivers because it would come up with "windows was not able to install your android"

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).png
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,556
Last edited:
i've finally found a solution that was totally worth it. didn't find any article or tutorial about this one so i guess i should explain what i've done. so everyone here knows that i can't access bootloader, and turns out there are some drivers that were not installed properly. well while i was in that brief few seconds in fastboot mode, i used the command "fastboot oem edl" which made the faulty driver appear in device manager for a few seconds while my phone is still alive.

so in that brief moment i took the chance to install a driver from intel corporation, called "intel android bootloader interface". after i did that, instantly i saw the faulty driver from the device manager list transformed into "Android device - Android bootloader interface". then i gave the fastboot mode a shot by using "adb reboot bootloader" and i was ecstatic when i saw my phone was not showing any sign of rebooting.

long story short, install proper drivers for it, it may be rare, but im glad i fixed it. now i am unable to unlock bootloader with ease. no problemo.

thanks to you guys who were around to assist me this last few days. cheers

Reactions: NasDriver
Can you please provide me intell drivers link please
Me too having same problem
Help me please

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Can you please provide me intell drivers link please
Me too having same problem
Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.