[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Is there really any improvement?
I read on Apple fan blogs there are (even on 32 bit OS) while others say theres not.
I think if Apple did not implent this we wouldnt see this so early anyway.
Its not about any improvements. Normally google releases major android versions together with new Nexus devices.
And new Nexus devices always have the latest hardware.

What do you mean by this? Sarcasm? Or what? The day

I think I might give this a try with the next M build :)

Also curious about battery life, has always been s**t with CM, but I think the last time I tried it is about 2-3 months ago... Can some people post some screenshots(Screen on time, battery life etc.)

Ethics are always on topic ;)
Sadly i haven't took a screenshot, but with my 3100 mah battery i had +10h of screen time two days ago with official nightlies

Inviato dal mio MI 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Sadly i haven't took a screenshot, but with my 3100 mah battery i had +10h of screen time two days ago with official nightlies

do you use cotton? :p
Same battery, I think 5h at the best

do you use cotton? :p
Same battery, I think 5h at the best
Just use privacy guard and block the wakelocks
uploadfromtaptalk1403690298365.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403690307044.jpg

Just use privacy guard and block the wakelocks

8 h not with 3g always on?

what wake up-keep awake can be excluded of these: Google play services, Google framework and playstore, download manager, media storage, calendar storage, messaging, clock and dialer

WhatsApp, I suppose, needs both keep awake and wake up to instantaneous notification

uploadfromtaptalk1403693493942.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403693516251.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403693541146.jpg

Hi,
I got at least 3 random reboots on my MI2s since yesterday evening (CET) and these are the ones I personally witnessed.
Now I have 'Reboot logger' installed to get statistics on reboots when I'm not seeing them too :)
Every time the reboots happened, the phone was idle on the desk. I'm running the latest CM11 nightly wit Xposed (only few modules and I've been running those modules on lots of 4.4.x ROMs without any reboots so far).
Running Nova launcher. No themes.

I have the last_kmsg.log zipped up and attached. If other files are needed, please let me know.

Thanks for this great ROM so far, it was v stable but I understand nightlies can become unstable. I hope someone can have a look at the reason.

Attachments

• last_kmsg.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for that, this means with my 2000mah battery I can easily get 4h screen on and 2 days of use :)

Does the rom suffer from wakelocks? Rom specific ones, or does it only have app specific wakelocks?
Nope, you just need to block battery-hungry app wakelocks, the rom doesn't suffer from particular wakelocks.
@gonewild the most important wakelocks you can deny are in google search app. Use privacy guard. I used 3g for ~2h
However, battery life update :p
uploadfromtaptalk1403699127690.jpg

@gonewild the most important wakelocks you can deny are in google search app. Use privacy guard. I used 3g for ~2h

already set all the privacy guard I know. I'm about 5h on screen (but with 3g always on, so ok)

Nope, you just need to block battery-hungry app wakelocks, the rom doesn't suffer from particular wakelocks.
View attachment 8068

Hey,

That is good news. I disable google search anyway... useless in my opnion ;)
When you don't have 3g on, you do have 2g on I assume?

If ever I flash the cyanogen rom and on system 2 there is MIUI, will I be able to get daily OTA(from MIUI)?
And if I don't enable TDB and flash cyanogen, what are the steps to get back to stock miui?
Thanks

? of course you can have ota by miui and by Cm, with TDB you have two indipendent system
If you don't enable TDB you can install only one rom, if you want to change you need to format and install anothe rom.(you can of course install again stock miui)

? of course you can have ota by miui and by Cm, with TDB you have two indipendent system
If you don't enable TDB you can install only one rom, if you want to change you need to format and install anothe rom.(you can of course install again stock miui)
I doubt that. Miui updater merges updates on system 2 when 1 is active and vice versa.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

But on MIUI it is still on 4.1, do I have to worry about the kernel if I want to flash back from cyanogen to stock MIUI? Sorry but I'm new to this :(

Anyone still has wifi problems? Sometimes it gives all ssid's "not in range", reboot helps but pain in the.... :)

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Anyone still has wifi problems? Sometimes it gives all ssid's "not in range", reboot helps but pain in the.... :)

Sometimes, when I tether iphone 5's connection. But, other device is working good.

Builds are broken. Why?
Cm-Devs enjoy a beautiful code and a lot of time they do clean up. This time they did a cleanup on recovery (output text color) and they broke tdb, so that's why we won't get any build until this get fixed

Builds are broken. Why?
Cm-Devs enjoy a beautiful code and a lot of time they do clean up. This time they did a cleanup on recovery (output text color) and they broke tdb, so that's why we won't get any build until this get fixed

They are good,changing text color and break half of things with it (i did same thing when I changed wallpaper when I was 6 :p)

Will they unmerge this patch or we will stay for week without nightlies?