[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

check your wifi mac in the next nightly(20140707) because I changed the way it's set.

P.S. why dont you try back porting ART,it offers backwards compability but I get some strange errors while compaling,I think you should be able to fix that so why not try?
It's not that easy :)

I have installed CM11 nightlies and linuxx gapps from CWM recovery. What should I do if I want to install the newer version of CM11 nightlies? Should I install from CWM or via OTA? I heard OTA kills the TDB, is it true? The next question is after update CM11 should I reinstall gapps as well?

I have installed CM11 nightlies and linuxx gapps from CWM recovery. What should I do if I want to install the newer version of CM11 nightlies? Should I install from CWM or via OTA? I heard OTA kills the TDB, is it true? The next question is after update CM11 should I reinstall gapps as well?
Via ota doesn't kill tdb and you don't have to reinstall gapps

Reactions: graw2
check your wifi mac in the next nightly(20140707) because I changed the way it's set.

It's not that easy :)

I know but its not framework depended and it does offer full KitKat support.
Well I guess its best to wait till Android L is released.

Thanks guys. One more question. Update CWM recovery is working parallel with the ROM update? Update CWM recovery is safety if TDB enabled? I don't want to break TDB or get any trouble....

Thanks guys. One more question. Update CWM recovery is working parallel with the ROM update? Update CWM recovery is safety if TDB enabled? I don't want to break TDB or get any trouble....
yes, but CWM update currently is broken due to TDB's recovery protection which I invented for MIUI's runtime updater.
I'll try to fix this soon.

Last edited:
Storage always calculating, is that the same on your phone?
uploadfromtaptalk1404641003253.jpg

Is it just me or this ROM gets random reboots... like I just put it on the table in sleep and suddenly it reboots itself (back to bootloader, I can see the white Mi logo)

And not just since it gets official, it happens way back to the first time I tries this ROM. It doesn't happen that often, likely it happens once a day or two, is there anything I can do like some logging to see what exactly caused the reboot?

Is it just me or this ROM gets random reboots... like I just put it on the table in sleep and suddenly it reboots itself (back to bootloader, I can see the white Mi logo)

And not just since it gets official, it happens way back to the first time I tries this ROM. It doesn't happen that often, likely it happens once a day or two, is there anything I can do like some logging to see what exactly caused the reboot?
I had soft reboots on the unofficial, but I haven't wiped anything at that time. After allowing tdb (wipe data and cache), no new soft reboot

Maybe I'll wait to see if anything gets better with the coming M8 release.

I have TDB installed, formated both /system partitions, and wiped data&cache for both system and I did reboot after every single action I mentioned above, I thought I got a clean enough phone so I flashed the latest nightly to system1. After setup the phone, I rebooted into recovery again to flash gapps.

Nothing seems wrong at first, I thought I would get raid of the random reboot, but after I login to my Google account and play store begins pushing a bunch of updates, it soft reboots (no white Mi logo). And it didn't happen again for the following updates so I didn't care enough about it. And then comes the random reboot again, I was on my computer with my phone on the desk and all of a sudden - it reboots it self (with white Mi logo)

I'm here to ask since I see on other guys compiles ROM for aries called moonlight stated in his blog saying:
本版本采用秋大内核适配,并非CM官方支持的代码和驱动,所以暂时没有官方版本自动重启的bug,比官方版本更加稳定,修复来电未知和运营商问题,在此感谢秋大和龙猪

Which translate to English is:
This version (of ROM) uses kernel from ivan instead of CM official code / driver, that is for now it doesn't have the bug that the phone automatic reboots as in official version, it should be more stable than official release. Fixed unknown caller ID and service provider, thanks to ivan (Xiaomi staff) and martincz (mokee rom developer)

So is there something wrong with official kernel that causes the phone to reboot on itself? Is it possible for me to keep using the official CM release but flash the kernel of moonlight's build over it (and how can I do that?) 'cause I really don't wanna try his build since he stated clearly that he got some ad apps build-in for support his development, although they can be removed anyway I just want it to be as clean as possible.

I'm currently working on a new kernel based on oppo n1 kernel which basically is CAF with TONS of fixes.
The reason for that is that the nexus4 kernel may have some problems with the newer SoC revision of mi2s.

Fixed unknown caller ID and service provider, thanks to ivan (Xiaomi staff) and martincz (mokee rom developer)
That's not a kernel bug. If he knows how to fix it he should make a commit to gerrit.

I see problems got only mi2s and not mi2.guess probably it's because nexus 4 got same hardware of mi2 with snap s4 pro And not 600?

m1cha i know isn't there the place to ask but you want try port the l preview from mako? (they in 2 days made a lot of progress and i think tomorrow they open a proper thread on xda.

About reboots I dont face them and Im using MI2S that is build 30/12/2013.

Maybe there is specific batch affected only?

I'm currently working on a new kernel based on oppo n1 kernel which basically is CAF with TONS of fixes.
The reason for that is that the nexus4 kernel may have some problems with the newer SoC revision of mi2s.

Will u able to export and apply in the kernel all the cool, "double tap" home button to turn of screen and wake screen?
From that device?
Hope;)

My Mi2s bought in November, have a newer SOC? Will i have problems with M8?

I'm experiencing some problems with the autorotation...I don't know why but now it doesn't rotate anymore (nor app or photo)...with a reboot the Auto rotation returns normal...the only difference is that I set brightness at minimum (but switching to auto doesn't fix it)