[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Random reboot issue confirmed by me. I also experienced this phenomenon just before. I was reading this topic when the screen suddenly changed to black and boot animation appeared...
I never had this before. The ROM version is the newest nightly.

yes i mean i didn't see what changelog says because "this is the first rom". Like i donwload the snapshot line

I've installed this rom from the first official version nigthly, I update every day and still I have not had any problems.

The option missing from my point of view is:

Setting> Status bar> Network speed

This planned to implement this option in the future?

Thnx @M1cha y @linuxx, for your work :)

I've installed this rom from the first official version nigthly, I update every day and still I have not had any problems.

The option missing from my point of view is:

Setting> Status bar> Network speed

This planned to implement this option in the future?

Thnx @M1cha y @linuxx, for your work :)

right. i use a program (network speed meter or something like that). Very useful!

I know there are app and mods that implement this option.

But I like the clean CM without modifying the system app

Other users already reported random reboot issues in case of previous versions too. So, not specifically in the last nightly...
right! In fact I'm experiencing those random reboots also with the last UNOFFICIAL release (which is in my opinion the most stable until now)

The fact that MIUI and Mokee have this feature doesn't make that legal.
Recording calls is not illegal. Abusing a recording by publicly broadcasting it without the recorded persons consent is. But if you just keep it to yourself there is not a thing illegal about it.

I deal with a lot of instances en business partners and you have no idea how often things that are discussed over the phone are conveniently forgotten of flat out denied later. If you ever find yourself in court, having a recording to prove what was actually said is really helpful.

In my country recording is illegal without agreement of the other person.
I don't understand why a rom should provide this feature, there are one million apps which can record calls..

But i also would appreciate a misuse-mode like miui. (lock if proximity sensor is covered)

Recording calls is not illegal. Abusing a recording by publicly broadcasting it without the recorded persons consent is. But if you just keep it to yourself there is not a thing illegal about it.

I deal with a lot of instances en business partners and you have no idea how often things that are discussed over the phone are conveniently forgotten of flat out denied later. If you ever find yourself in court, having a recording to prove what was actually said is really helpful.
well in germany it is even if you keep it to yourself.

In Spain it is perfectly legal, but also you can't make it public without the other person's permission. But it is admissible in court, for example.

I agree though, that due to different country legislations, this should not be implemented in the rom itself.

can someone tell me why today's changelog says that this is the first built for my device and does not report any change?

Is it possible that some logging is disabled? Because I also experience reboots, but in last_kmsg there is no reason why it rebooted..

I'm trying to solve (with my very limited knowledge) the low out call volume problem that at least some people have.I've found that it can be done by changing some settings in /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file.But i can't find which one, there are so many options.Can someone tell me first of all if i'm on the right track and if yes what is(are) the device name(s) for the mic(s) used in calls?Any info could be useful.

Last edited:
@erlkönig @M1cha @Imontoya

So I get that different countries have different legislation, but the recording function is already there in stock android, so why not work that out to something on the level that miui did?

It's not illegal for the recording function to be present on the phone. If you live in a country where it is illegal to record calls, then just don't use the record function. Our phones are supposedly "smart"phones, but even my dumbass nokia c1 can do this automatically.

Honestly, I do love CM, but this one feature that miui did so well and suits my needs is keeping me from flashing CM :(

I have just seen with my eyes another reboot. This time it was an hardware reboot (mi logo appeared). As usual it happened after 3 days and half from the previous one. After reboot I saved a copy of last_kmsg. Could be useful if I post some parts of it ? Should I save other informations ?

It has been requested before.
Screenshot toggle is a option?
Not when u press the power off phone!
Thx

I'm trying to solve (with my very limited knowledge) the low out call volume problem that at least some people have.I've found that it can be done by changing some settings in /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 file.But i can't find which one, there are so many options.Can someone tell me first of all if i'm on the right track and if yes what is(are) the device name(s) for the mic(s) used in calls?Any info could be useful.
Does this mod not work? http://xiaomi.eu/community/index.php?threads/24899/

Regards
Stephan

Reactions: X4nfire
Anything new about the new kernel (which I suppose wound fix the random reboot) or xposed & CM theme engine compability? I'm still on 20140707 Nightly since I did a lot modification to /system partition (some apps need to be placed in system partition, and I've changed system font from Roboto to NotoSans, and a lot other things...) and it would take some time to re-do these changes after I flash the new rom.

So I'm wondering if there's enough good changes that I would feel like to flash after 20140707 Nightly? I would like to wait until the new kernel is ready, how long would it take?

EDIT: according to cmxlog, the fix for xposed and CM11 theme engine is merged, so I'm gonna update to 20140716.

Last edited: