[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

I tried to post to XDA forum instead, but there is limit of having at least 10 posts to be allowed to post to development forums.

Anyway, I got somewhere this link http://bigota.d.miui.com/4.9.19/aries_beta_images_4.9.19_4.4_cn_924f0ac59b.tgz to be supposedly just released official KK based MIUI6 for MI2 (still has beta in name). I'll probably check /firmware from this ROM and try it. When you talked about kk based binary blobs, is it whats extracted during CM build from official image with
./extract-files.sh, right?

I tried to post to XDA forum instead, but there is limit of having at least 10 posts to be allowed to post to development forums.

Anyway, I got somewhere this link http://bigota.d.miui.com/4.9.19/aries_beta_images_4.9.19_4.4_cn_924f0ac59b.tgz to be supposedly just released official KK based MIUI6 for MI2 (still has beta in name). I'll probably check /firmware from this ROM and try it. When you talked about kk based binary blobs, is it whats extracted during CM build from official image with
./extract-files.sh, right?
Useless. They use same old Ivan's blobs.
And there's a repo called themuppets that has all blobs, u cannot extract right blobs from miui even if kk

Cant post or reply on XDA post because i just created the account and apparently new members cant reply on Developers threads . Its a pain :/

Cant post or reply on XDA post because i just created the account and apparently new members cant reply on Developers threads . Its a pain :/
shouldn't be that hard to get 10 posts(globally on xda)

M1cha,
What a surprise! I have just experienced that the call waiting status already displayed during ringing out if the called phone currently in a call. PERFECT!
Will you solve displaying the busy status as well?

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Reactions: M1cha
What does it mean when WiFi signal strength and mobile signal strength appear in Orange color in quick settings panel?
Connected but missing connection :p
Usually this happens when your WiFi is working but the modem gets no data.
Or it's cuz of bugged gapps and this cause all Google apps can't connect to internet but all other apps can

Reactions: orlanddon
So basically there is link on radio interface, but there is no connect to Internet (more precisely to Google servers), right?

I have just started to follow this thread on xda but i can't post anything due to some sort of restrictive policy. What can I do ?

M1cha, Linuxx

I hope you still read this topic. So, there are problems with newer nightly releases. After get a call the screen goes off and stay off as long while the phone conversation lasts. The screen come back only when the other end of the line hangs up the phone.

Same phenomenon appeared on the other system partition too, where I am using MIUI. Very strange! There were no any problems until yesterday when I tried OmniROM instead of CM11, but within short period I have installed back CM11 because it is much better for me!

Any help would be appreciated!

M1cha, Linuxx

I hope you still read this topic. So, there are problems with newer nightly releases. After get a call the screen goes off and stay off as long while the phone conversation lasts. The screen come back only when the other end of the line hangs up the phone.

Same phenomenon appeared on the other system partition too, where I am using MIUI. Very strange! There were no any problems until yesterday when I tried OmniROM instead of CM11, but within short period I have installed back CM11 because it is much better for me!

Any help would be appreciated!

It seems to be it is hardware issue, not ROM related! I have tried some different ROMs but I have got same results in all cases. IMO I have to clean the proximity sensor inside...

@graw2 do you have the latest modem?(or maybe a older one in case that's the problem). MIUI flashes modem, but official custom rom's don't.

Modem isn't just for RIL, it contains firmware for all sort of hardware.

Reactions: graw2
@graw2 do you have the latest modem?(or maybe a older one in case that's the problem). MIUI flashes modem, but official custom rom's don't.

Thx for your help! I have never flashed any modem on my Mi2s. Where Can I get the latest modem? If I install MIUI first then CM11 (after full wipe, clear dalvik, clear cache, +format system/data/cache) It will be OK?

M1cha,
What a surprise! I have just experienced that the call waiting status already displayed during ringing out if the called phone currently in a call. PERFECT!
Will you solve displaying the busy status as well?

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk
I never changed sth. related to this. Maybe CM fixed it.

M1cha,
pls help regarding proximity sensor issue! Panic overwhelmed me! So, the sitiation is getting worst. If I get a call in CM11 I cannot interrupt the call because the screen is off continuously. I have to wait until the other and of the line interrupt the call.
In MIUI I cannot unlock the screen because "prevent misuse" block it! It detects something cover the proximity sensor (such as in the pocket) . Need help pls!

M1cha, I'm still confused what should be the "latest" modem. Is it 3.5.17 from <a href="http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/radio-all-xiaomi-mi2-radio-thread.19846/"> mi2 radio thread</a> ? Because as you pointed out custom roms don't flashes it, but all miui/wiui releases do and the version reported by phone is still the same 2.0.128017 and if you reflash miui/wiui with CM you then run on that modem version from miui (and without any future updates). I've compared all supposedly "latest" versions and few files differs here and there, so for me it's impossible to say which one is latest because I don't see any versioning scheme on contained files nor whole image.

Where is proximity sensor calibration? I didn't find anything in cwm and in dialer *#*#6484#*#* or *#*#64663#*#* didn't do anything. I have CM11 M10.