Samsung Galaxy SII - Bugs in the latest rom (2.8.17)

Hi guys, most problems we face this time for s2/s3 are related to bug in Phone.apk application. One of the java method getSpn() is missing (it's implementation) in MiuiSpnOverrideImpl class. This makes FC when accessing networks operators and other stuff. I could fix it (I'm java developer) but unfortunately don't have time to prepare dev environment and all the stuff and I believe for guys from MIUI it is matter of minutes with attached logcat - so please, dear developers have a look on it and fix it once for all :) Thx! Here's the logcat:

I/dalvikvm(12470): Could not find method com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.SpnO
verride.getSpn, referenced from method com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.MiuiSp
nOverrideImpl.getSpn
W/dalvikvm(12470): VFY: unable to resolve virtual method 52338: Lcom/android/int
ernal/telephony/gsm/SpnOverride;.getSpn (Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
D/dalvikvm(12470): VFY: replacing opcode 0x6f at 0x001f
D/AndroidRuntime(12470): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(12470): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4
0c551f8)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.internal.telep
hony.gsm.SpnOverride.getSpn
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.MiuiSpnOve
rrideImpl.getSpn(MiuiSpnOverride.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.internal.telephony.gsm.MiuiSpnOve
rride.getSpn(MiuiSpnOverride.java:30)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.phone.MiuiNetworkSetting.getNetwo
rkSpn(MiuiNetworkSetting.java:90)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.phone.MiuiNetworkSetting.getNetwo
rkOperatorName(MiuiNetworkSetting.java:94)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.phone.MiuiNetworkSetting.getAutoS
electionSummary(MiuiNetworkSetting.java:106)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.phone.MiuiNetworkSetting.onCreate
(MiuiNetworkSetting.java:59)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.j
ava:4465)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCre
ate(Instrumentation.java:1052)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActiv
ity(ActivityThread.java:1932)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivi
ty(ActivityThread.java:1993)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(Activit
yThread.java:127)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Ac
tivityThread.java:1159)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja
va:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea
d.java:4507)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5
11)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA
rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot
eInit.java:557)
E/AndroidRuntime(12470): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Reactions: Erol
hello guys....thank you for uploading good ROMS...Please keep up the good work...so far i just have two bugs(that i noticed)...
1. On MIUI file explorer,the function "cut and paste" seems not working....is it just me or anyone else experiencing the same issue?
2. I know this question has been asked before,but is there any way to turn off vibration for a new incoming SMS during calls?kinda scares me off sometimes....suddenly vibrating during in the middle of the call...and the person on the other can hear a beep too...can we somehow "off" this?

thank you for your responses....=)

I tried clearing my caches again and reinstalled the build, but my phone continues to cycle through reboots. Can't make a phone call, etc.

So, what are my options?

I am looking into how to do a clean install. Is there a known stable good build that I can use instead of this one?

I tried clearing my caches again and reinstalled the build, but my phone continues to cycle through reboots. Can't make a phone call, etc.

So, what are my options?

I am looking into how to do a clean install. Is there a known stable good build that I can use instead of this one?

Can I install an older ROM without doing a clean install?

is weather widget installed in 2.8.10 for s2 and if possible can you add this feature to your list....frequently dialed contacts that we used to get in our stock rom

network operator isn't fixed..is anyone having the same probs..i did turn off the automatic network selection and after that its searching for networks and force closes...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-18-15-32-38.png
    Screenshot_2012-08-18-15-32-38.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 245
What operator do you have and what country? It is possible that your operator code is missing in the list of available providers all over the world. In this case you may get FC. This can happen also if you live near the borders and another operators are in range. Also first release did not have this bug fixed but then they've relased a fixed version.

INDIA, network operator is AIRTEL ....i was just testing it...about the release i just downloaded like 1 hr ago i think thats the fixed version i have downloaded....i jumped directly from 2.8.3 to 2.8.17...so how do i know if its working...and how should i turn ON the network automatic selection

network operator isn't fixed..is anyone having the same probs..i did turn off the automatic network selection and after that its searching for networks and force closes...
It's working on my phone. Have you made a clean install?

BTW: first post has been updated. :)

INDIA, network operator is AIRTEL ....i was just testing it...about the release i just downloaded like 1 hr ago i think thats the fixed version i have downloaded....i jumped directly from 2.8.3 to 2.8.17...so how do i know if its working...and how should i turn ON the network automatic selection
Can you try to open About Phone --> Status and check if it works... If yes, most probably you have good version. I've checked and there aremany Airtel operators from many countries so I would need to know a code of your operator. Then I can chech if it is in the list. But the problem could be also that one of the operator which are in your range is missing. Then you get FC too. So to be able fix the issue I would need to know all operators who are in your range and their network codes.

MCC--Mobile Country Code MNC--Mobile Network Code

MCC MNC Brand Operator Satus Bands(MHz)
404 49 Airtel Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900

mine is this one hope this is correct and here is the list i found in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code
404 07 IDEA Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900
404 13 Vodafone IN Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
404 73 CellOne Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900
405 01 Reliance Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
405 801 AIRCEL Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
405 819 Uninor Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM

if users open the miui stats app they can get the carrier code and id from the app and post it here and then we can start to build in any missing or removing old carriers.

Overall the feedback from the network fix seems to have been solid. We will continue to work with users to get this solved once and for all.

On top of Mark. Please use MIUIStats. Every 2 weeks or so. I will update the carrier list using the list from MIUIStats. So if you have an FC. Use MIUIStats and send us your information. (Device name, carrier name, carrier id, etc). Its nothing personal and will help to make the ROM more stable.

where can i find carrier ID in MIUI status....is there any probs with INDIA only or any other country for the network code...

where can i find carrier ID in MIUI status....is there any probs with INDIA only or any other country for the network code...

Its not displayed for the user :(
If you've checked the box to submit us the information though. Its all good. I will update the list on Wednesday prior to next week's release.

Its not displayed for the user :(
If you've checked the box to submit us the information though. Its all good. I will update the list on Wednesday prior to next week's release.

can you tell me where to check it...to submit information to u guys, so that you guys can update it...

Confirmed that network operator is working. But the name of my germany provider is listed with a strange name: Tchibo (Unitymedia). I expect to see O2. Both Tchibo and Unitymedia are using O2 network and I'm using Unitymedia. It is fine for me, just wanna let you know.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I notice that by enabling network based location there was no pop up whether we agree to share our location or not. I thought the NetworkLocation.apk is broken, but it did work.

MCC--Mobile Country Code MNC--Mobile Network Code

404 49 Airtel Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900

mine is this one hope this is correct and here is the list i found in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code
404 07 IDEA Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900
404 13 Vodafone IN Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
404 73 CellOne Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 900
405 01 Reliance Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
405 801 AIRCEL Andhra Pradesh Operational GSM 1800
Ok, this netrwork is missing in the list of recoginized network operators in miui rom:

Therefore you get FC. If the guys from miui add this to the list, it will work for you... Until then, you need to use automatic search. I would do it, but I had problems with recompilation of framework-miui-res.apk where the strings are placed.

Best, Michal

Confirmed that network operator is working. But the name of my germany provider is listed with a strange name: Tchibo (Unitymedia). I expect to see O2. Both Tchibo and Unitymedia are using O2 network and I'm using Unitymedia. It is fine for me, just wanna let you know.

Seems there are bad network names assigned to network operators codes :) I thing guys just simply extracted operators names and codes from some site where errors could be present.

Experience a bug with this update.
The doesn't wakes up and blinkes "charged", with the green circle.
It is still locked and unplugged but screen wakes up and blinking constantly.
Drains battery this way.