Samsung Galaxy SII - Bugs in the latest rom (2.8.17)

Experience a bug with this update.
The doesn't wakes up and blinkes "charged", with the green circle.
It is still locked and unplugged but screen wakes up and blinking constantly.
Drains battery this way.
I did not notice this problem. Have you made a clean install?

What can I do??? Everytime i turn my device on it apperas, when I restart it appears, so what's the problem?
screenshot2012081919405.png

I just press Ok, nothing serious, you wont notice a difference to be honest. I used to get that message now and then, not every time I turned my phone on though.

Oh, like I say I don't get it every time but I just pressed Ok the first few times it appeared and it stop showing up.

I did not notice this problem. Have you made a clean install?

No, I didnt this time. I usually dont because it has worked mant times before just to upgrade.
Reverted back to previous release for now. But it might be a problem still for others.

Anyone else experience this?

What can I do??? Everytime i turn my device on it apperas, when I restart it appears, so what's the problem?

You've got an external SD in your SGS2? I had this once, powered down, removed SD card, rebooted, powered down, inserted SD card, reboot and it was gone..

not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the Torch is extremely sensitive i find when unlocking my phone. it randomly turns on and the only way to turn it off is to lock, unlock and manually turn off the Torch using the status bar shortcut

i'm using 2.8.10 but my guess is this bug still exists

Can you help me with a little....but maddening bug? Cant end calls from the headset!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't ending calls has nothing to do with this fix. If your experiencing that please submit a logcat so I can pass it on.

I've a minor issue
Settings > Personal > Security & Privacy > Credential Storage > Install from SD Card >
Leads to a FC
"Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.".

Reactions: ToMmY_hun
Anyone got a problem with the latest ROM? I put my S2 ROM 2.8.17 and seem to be having a wifi problem.... coz it is my first time am trying this ROM, maybe it is some sort of a setting issue.................can someone please confirm if this is the case plz??

Thanx

Anyone got a problem with the latest ROM? I put my S2 ROM 2.8.17 and seem to be having a wifi problem.... coz it is my first time am trying this ROM, maybe it is some sort of a setting issue.................can someone please confirm if this is the case plz??

Thanx
What is the problem exactly?

I'm moving into a new flat this weekend so I can't update the first post. I'll be back on next Saturday. :)

these are the bugs i have noticed so far in 2.8.24
1. when i open task manager by pressing the centre button i see the maps app showing but i never opened it and it always keep on comes back after cleaning the memory but in the battery usage i can't see it consuming any battery.
2.its the previous problem which i have faced about selecting manually network operators, it force closes...i dont get list of operators to select.
3. In settings->Secutity & Privacy-> Install from SD card...it force closes.
4. and some times its hanging up..

1. when i open task manager by pressing the centre button i see the maps app showing but i never opened it and it always keep on comes back after cleaning the memory but in the battery usage i can't see it consuming any battery.
2.its the previous problem which i have faced about selecting manually network operators, it force closes...i dont get list of operators to select.

1) When you have Google location service enabled, maps will run as a cached service, thus using battery. However, I have it enabled but I can't reproduce your bug:
uploadfromtaptalk1345906140977.jpg

2) Works for me:
uploadfromtaptalk1345906190455.jpg

3) Confirmed.

Have you tried a clean install?

Screenshot_2012-08-25-22-13-45.pngScreenshot_2012-08-25-22-15-48.png yes i have done clean install..even wipe data...and no my google location service isn't enabled....but i can't find maps using battery in my battery usage...and about network operators...i think you are not from INDIA...i think dev's have not added india network providers may be thats the reason i can't able to add network manually...

Issue 3 confirmed. I could not reproduce other issues.

Reactions: mantex80