Sp Flash - Cust Image Too Large - Stock Flash Redmi Pro

Thrasher

Members
Sep 18, 2016
Hi Everyone

I've bought a Redmi Pro X20 at tradingshenzen.com, shipped to zurich Switzerland.

I imediately started trying flashig custom Global Rom to activate german UI. I came from the samsung world and had first to realize that I have to request a bootloader unlock ?! ... well, I tried some workarrounds but looks like one failed.

Actually, the Phone hangs with the MI Logo and "powered by adroid" ... I tried as normal to go back to stock rom, but I can't flash it. I tested many rom's over the weekend but no one works. SP Flash always quit with a error IMG size too large. If I uncheck the cust.img, the flashing goes trought. After that, the phone will not startup. I also tried miflash with putting phone with volume + into this mi recovery mode. It started but after 56% it failed.

I can't remember that I've done somthing wrong with partition table or that I've flashed a wrong rom. But it looks like I did it :( ....

I was googleing many hours before I started this thread. I cand't even find that many information about remi pro and tat confuses additionally.

Hopefuly some can support me - I don't want to give up, but I have already to deal with my wife ..so it would be great to get some feedback :)

Reactions: Arafin Chowdhury
Update:

I have also tried allready many different SP Flashtool Versions like v5.1620, v5.1632, v5.1636, v5.1516, v5.1548 ... also with linux, two different Computers, different USB Ports 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 , different cables ... I'm using Windows 10 and so I've created a Win7 Virtual Machine ...no luck.

Thx!

SOLVED

I was trying to unlock the bootloader again and this time it worked! I could after flash the miui8 without any errors. Cool! :)

Hi Thrasher,

I have the same problem than you.
Actually, the Phone hangs with the MI Logo and "powered by adroid" after to flashing global rom to activate french UI... I tried as normal to go back to china developer rom, but I can't flash it.

I tested many rom's over the weekend but no one works.

SP Flash tools always quit with a error IMG size too large.
If I uncheck the cust.img, the flashing goes trought like you.
After that, the phone will not startup, it boot and loop always on Mi logo and "powered by android" .

Can you indicate your solution in details

Thanks in advance for the community

Regards

Stephane

when I was going to flash my phone was open in fast boot but my internet connection was hanged for five minutes.......then my redmi pro wont open :( how can I open redmi pro please help me.....................................