New System UI crashing while using background services like VPN or IDM+

Ferrenberg

Members
Jul 15, 2018
Hello.
My device is Mi Max 2.
After I start to run some VPN or IDM service, the notification and recent apps get slow and buggy, to the point where I get an error message stating "System UI stopped working".
No problems while using other apps' interfaces, just when I scroll down the notification bar or try to open the recent apps - then the phone slows down. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-16-17-04-03-089_com.miui.home.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-16-17-04-03-089_com.miui.home.png
    264.4 KB · Views: 928
Post log here and try EN language..

I was getting similar problems while downloading large files via Firefox.

I tried to provoke it on the latest eu weekly download, the system would begin lagging, but I never managed to get the "UI stopped" message that time.

To get into "recents" could take up to 8-10 seconds, for example

I noticed that the lag seemed to depend on the rate of downloading - faster rate, more lag.

This on Max 1 (helium), Mix1 (lithium) and Note 2 (Scorpio), with two of the more recent weeklies.

The problem has been there for a few versions.

The system would only lag while downloading, using EN.

I was getting similar problems while downloading large files via Firefox.

I tried to provoke it on the latest eu weekly download, the system would begin lagging, but I never managed to get the "UI stopped" message that time.

To get into "recents" could take up to 8-10 seconds, for example

I noticed that the lag seemed to depend on the rate of downloading - faster rate, more lag.

This on Max 1 (helium), Mix1 (lithium) and Note 2 (Scorpio), with two of the more recent weeklies.

The problem has been there for a few versions.

The system would only lag while downloading, using EN.

Update, downloaded the current weekly on Note 2, lagged in notifications and recents as before, no "UI stopped" message.

Noticed that scrolling, changing tabs, etc., in Firefox worked normally, as did a few other apps I tried.

So the problem seems limited to notifications and recents, as far as I can tell.

Lag disappeared directly when download finished.

Now downloading on Mix1, going veerrryyy slowly, and no noticeable lagging at all there, which would confirm the correlation between lag and download rate.