MBoogie

Members
Jan 17, 2016
Hi everyone

Device Mi4c, fully encrypted.
Running version (stable): xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_V7.1.4.0.LXKCNCK_v7-5.1.zip
TWRP version: 2.8.7.0

The lastest stable update (xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_V7.3.1.0.LXKCNDD_v7-5.1.zip) and TWRP (TWRP_libra.zip) cannot be updated using the updater app. If I select one of the two .ZIPs in downloaded_rom folder all I get is "Getting info..." after I typed in the PIN. And this stays seemingly forever. I can only abort it.

Therefore I booted to recovery mode. But the encryption seems to cause (I can only assume from googling for hours) TWRP not recognizing any drive: "Internal Storage (0MB)". I tried to rename the file to update.zip but this doesn't do the trick.

The phone cannot be decrypted using Settings > Additional settings > Privacy > Encrypt Phone. This part is now inaccessible and greyed out, reading "Encrypted".

So my questions are? How do I eighter update with the encryption or how do I decrypt? (And ideally, both of them with keeping as much stuff on the phone as possible. :) )

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Thanks for your info pejahlo.

I updated my twrp to teamsuperluminal's latest , 3.0.2 (3.1 was a typo I assume) using a USB stick and USB OTG. I am so f***ing proud of me finding that workaround! :-D After that I could update regularly using twrp and a zip file on the phone itself.

Reactions: shengke