MIUI 8.2 6.8.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did notice a strange bug when i was watching a movie with Dolby Digital (ac3) sound on my RN2.

With the stock player, no sound is heard.
If i use MXplayer, all i get is garbled audio.
(Doesn't matter if i use the software decoder or the hardware decoder)

When i play the same movie on a Galaxy S5, the sound is fine.

Looks almost as if the X10 soc cannot handle multi channel audio properly(and does every else great with hardware acceleration)

Don't think it has to do with Miui,but rather with the kernel.

Maybe it will be fixed if Android 6 will come out for RN2
For MX player, you need to download some codec from the play store, there's a post on xda forums, search for:
MX Player Custom Codec with DTS & AC3 Support
and do as written in second post (sorry, won't let me post links)
Then set up player to use HW+ decoder (HW diudn't work even with codec), and manually set audio to SW when the playback starts.

Mipad2 the googleplay error is still there. can´t download any apps, they just repeat downloading and don´t install.
any solution?

It could mean alot of things... Install Better battery stats xda edition aplication, from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3837007&d=1470703948

Ofc, you need to have root permissions to see detailed informations about consumption.
Leave it to run in background, it will collect valuable data about battery.
After hour of two, check stats under "partial wakelock", "alarms" and "process".
Post screenshots, then maybe someone could help you.

One also useful app is called Simple system monitoring, download it from Google Playstore, swipe from right to left until you'll be at "active processes monitor". Check what process or app are active, make screenshot.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

I see 50% lost in 3 hours and my phone heats a lot, I know this update is broken.
I also had to remove DocumentsUI to normally use my phone.

What's your take on battery life? Thanks!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Decent battery life..
I'm a moderate user,charge once a day at night,sometimes battery last until next morning.
A little bit more improvement than the last update..
Official MIUI 8 ROM for mi5 has been released,but i think i will stay for this eu ROM.

I had a mi2s with the gallery and camera not working with this new ROM... Please can help me to Resolve this? I am very hungry... Thanks a lot

Found a bug. Upper menu lost..LoL
4227bd66de526c5bd739646a7e7bfa8a.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

@ingbrzy ,

Still broken "Documents" (DocumentsUI.apk) application. Crashes when required to use (export files in Dropbox app, writing to OTG-flash by third-party file explorers (SolidExplorer for example)). Both in Russian and English locale.
Replaced by this http://bit.ly/2coddT8 (same 5.1.1 vesion, translated by another team) - worked ok. Bad langpack?

Xiaomi mi4c 6.8.25

@ingbrzy ,

Still broken "Documents" (DocumentsUI.apk) application. Crashes when required to use (export files in Dropbox app, writing to OTG-flash by third-party file explorers (SolidExplorer for example)). Both in Russian and English locale.
Replaced by this http://bit.ly/2coddT8 (same 5.1.1 vesion, translated by another team) - worked ok. Bad langpack?

Xiaomi mi4c 6.8.25
DocumentsUI.apk is disabled for purpose.. MIUI use own file selection dialogs..

DocumentsUI.apk is disabled for purpose.. MIUI use own file selection dialogs..
I know it. "Documents" needed to be enabled by hands. Applcations shows window with this requirement. Without this helper exporting to local storage in dropbox for example not possible.
In early versions of MIUI (for example MIUI7 by xiaomi.eu) it works normal. Now it is broken.
But in original firmware it worked.

For MX player, you need to download some codec from the play store, there's a post on xda forums, search for:
MX Player Custom Codec with DTS & AC3 Support
and do as written in second post (sorry, won't let me post links)
Then set up player to use HW+ decoder (HW diudn't work even with codec), and manually set audio to SW when the playback starts.

Of course i tried that, as without the custom codec there is no sound with AC3 streams.

Still doesn't work.
Even the latest alpha version of MX player with the latest custom codec (arm v7 neon) doesn't work.

P.s. i have also got 1 game that does exactly the same.
Monopoly from EA Games.

All audio from that game is garbled and metallic sounding.
(Also works fine on other phones, even on my Blackberry Z10 with BBOS 10)

Still think it's a bug in the kernel(using wrong samplerate or bitdepth)

Guys, please tell me should i expect a stable rom for Redmi PRO based on China rom. Or i can use only the weekly developer rom?

mi5

when being used for configuration screen unlock with MI-band, the configuration is closed with an error

unlocking with MI band is still active, although I have often verified that the function does not go, I have to disable and re-enable the bluetooth

else, when I update the app from an apk file, the system does not indicate that there is already another version

thanks again for your work
You are great for me!

Hello, since stable V8.0.1.0.KHJMIDG (MIUI8) is available from en.miui.com for "Redmi 2 4G Global"

Can i expect stable Miui 8 from xiaomi.eu anytime soon??

Reactions: joaocalas
Miui8 for Mi4i will be available here? I see that a global build is available on en.miui.com. Did not tested because I like xiaomi.eu rom
Thanks

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.