Status
Not open for further replies.

pa.pn2

Members
Aug 10, 2011
I stayed up extremely late to find work arounds, i woke up to early puffy eyes and im fuming...

Im more mad that all our loyal users and newcomers are experiencing bootloop issues and risk of lost to data because of this **** up and last min bombshell by xiaomi :mad:

Treat devices like toys grrrrrrrr
True words pele. Thats a real bombshell

Flavine

Members
Sep 18, 2012
Tried to nandroid restore after realized themes didn't work but "restore data failed". Wiped and installed again. Cleared miui/theme folder, signed into xiaomi account, imported theme from SD. When I tried to apply them, I get "you do not have authorization on the resource". Anybody got it to work on maguro?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Tried to nandroid restore after realized themes didn't work but "restore data failed". Wiped and installed again. Cleared miui/theme folder, signed into xiaomi account, imported theme from SD. When I tried to apply them, I get "you do not have authorization on the resource". Anybody got it to work on maguro?
did you click ok after that prompt? what happened from that point?

TheKing

Members
Sep 19, 2012
Y
You should get a sgs3! no problems with us :D:p:rolleyes:;):cool::) ps, wats maguro?? i looked it up and its a Sushi Bar & Restaurant! :eek:

estapagu

Members
Nov 3, 2012
Even setting theme to default prior to update bootloop here. Clear data and cache of mihome prior to update was the only way to update for me.

Diederik

Members
Sep 28, 2012
I installed the new rom with the proper instructions and themes are working, no bootloop etc.. :)
But if I'm correct, the flickering lockscreen (music) should have been fixed, but it hasn't changed for me... still does this.
Overall performance has not improved, but didn't get worse either. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)
Rom: MiUI 2.11.2
Kernel: Franco Kernel Milestone 6

P

Pele

I installed the new rom with the proper instructions and themes are working, no bootloop etc.. :)
But if I'm correct, the flickering lockscreen (music) should have been fixed, but it hasn't changed for me... still does this.
Overall performance has not improved, but didn't get worse either. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when you say themes are working can you explain in detail pls.

Are you able to apply themes that are imported to theme manager ?

estapagu

Members
Nov 3, 2012
I think maybe someone could create a CWM flashable file to overwrite theme folder to 2.11.2 default theme for those who have issues and have not done a nanddroid backup.

Diederik

Members
Sep 28, 2012
I'm downloading one from the store right now.. 'll keep u updated :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToLive

Members
Nov 19, 2010
Downloaded themes from market works good, even if theme is not empty :) A have my own icons theme, do you know how to add it into theme market (for free, of course)?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Downloaded themes from market works good, even if theme is not empty :) A have my own icons theme, do you know how to add it into theme market (for free, of course)?
We're going to post details next week about it. It's not setup for non-chinese users yet.

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
I think maybe someone could create a CWM flashable file to overwrite theme folder to 2.11.2 default theme for those who have issues and have not done a nanddroid backup.
Not a bad idea but we cant support all the devices for that just now due to resources. I'm sure some kind soul in the forum community here may pick this up though! :)

Diederik

Members
Sep 28, 2012
when you say themes are working can you explain in detail pls.

Are you able to apply themes that are imported to theme manager ?
Downloading theme or anything else does not open/cannot apply it on theme manager.

JayDee

Members
Apr 17, 2012
I experience a bootloop, yes. But after the device boots up, I have about 10 seconds time before it reboots... so I took advantage of this and quickly set my theme to default. Then I manually restarted my phone to recovery and I cleared cache & dalvik cache... the bootloop issue remains.

Currently I'm still testing and exploring the possibilities of how to get rid of the damn issue. :) But I'm not a programmer or anything close to being one, so I have very little hope of figuring it out myself. :p

(Samsung Galaxy S II - GT-I9100)

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Did you delete the folder as advised in the original post update?

Acid

Scripting Ninja
Staff member
Aug 20, 2011
I got a bootloop after booting to lockscreen. Crespo build.
Some logcat errors:
Code:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/Trace  ( 2901): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Desktop items loading interrupted:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died
damn...

Anas_xrt

Members
Apr 10, 2012
I recommend to wipe before install new ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Flavine

Members
Sep 18, 2012
did you click ok after that prompt? what happened from that point?
There's an option of Cancel and OK. Pressing either does nothing. When I go to the Online tab to get new themes, the Download button does nothing either.

I'll probably go back to last week's ROM until this is sorted out. Thanks for the support, team :)

iBotPeaches

Script Gatekeeper
Oct 31, 2011
I got a bootloop after booting to lockscreen. Crespo build.
Some logcat errors:
Code:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/Trace  ( 2901): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Desktop items loading interrupted:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died
damn...
Send me whole log? My ns didn't boot loop.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.