Status
Not open for further replies.
I stayed up extremely late to find work arounds, i woke up to early puffy eyes and im fuming...

Im more mad that all our loyal users and newcomers are experiencing bootloop issues and risk of lost to data because of this **** up and last min bombshell by xiaomi :mad:

Treat devices like toys grrrrrrrr
True words pele. Thats a real bombshell

Tried to nandroid restore after realized themes didn't work but "restore data failed". Wiped and installed again. Cleared miui/theme folder, signed into xiaomi account, imported theme from SD. When I tried to apply them, I get "you do not have authorization on the resource". Anybody got it to work on maguro?

Tried to nandroid restore after realized themes didn't work but "restore data failed". Wiped and installed again. Cleared miui/theme folder, signed into xiaomi account, imported theme from SD. When I tried to apply them, I get "you do not have authorization on the resource". Anybody got it to work on maguro?

did you click ok after that prompt? what happened from that point?

Y
You should get a sgs3! no problems with us :D:p:rolleyes:;):cool::) ps, wats maguro?? i looked it up and its a Sushi Bar & Restaurant! :eek:

Even setting theme to default prior to update bootloop here. Clear data and cache of mihome prior to update was the only way to update for me.

I installed the new rom with the proper instructions and themes are working, no bootloop etc.. :)
But if I'm correct, the flickering lockscreen (music) should have been fixed, but it hasn't changed for me... still does this.
Overall performance has not improved, but didn't get worse either. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus (Maguro)
Rom: MiUI 2.11.2
Kernel: Franco Kernel Milestone 6

I installed the new rom with the proper instructions and themes are working, no bootloop etc.. :)
But if I'm correct, the flickering lockscreen (music) should have been fixed, but it hasn't changed for me... still does this.
Overall performance has not improved, but didn't get worse either. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you say themes are working can you explain in detail pls.

Are you able to apply themes that are imported to theme manager ?

I think maybe someone could create a CWM flashable file to overwrite theme folder to 2.11.2 default theme for those who have issues and have not done a nanddroid backup.

I'm downloading one from the store right now.. 'll keep u updated :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloaded themes from market works good, even if theme is not empty :) A have my own icons theme, do you know how to add it into theme market (for free, of course)?

Downloaded themes from market works good, even if theme is not empty :) A have my own icons theme, do you know how to add it into theme market (for free, of course)?
We're going to post details next week about it. It's not setup for non-chinese users yet.

I think maybe someone could create a CWM flashable file to overwrite theme folder to 2.11.2 default theme for those who have issues and have not done a nanddroid backup.
Not a bad idea but we cant support all the devices for that just now due to resources. I'm sure some kind soul in the forum community here may pick this up though! :)

when you say themes are working can you explain in detail pls.

Are you able to apply themes that are imported to theme manager ?

Downloading theme or anything else does not open/cannot apply it on theme manager.

I experience a bootloop, yes. But after the device boots up, I have about 10 seconds time before it reboots... so I took advantage of this and quickly set my theme to default. Then I manually restarted my phone to recovery and I cleared cache & dalvik cache... the bootloop issue remains.

Currently I'm still testing and exploring the possibilities of how to get rid of the damn issue. :) But I'm not a programmer or anything close to being one, so I have very little hope of figuring it out myself. :p

(Samsung Galaxy S II - GT-I9100)

Did you delete the folder as advised in the original post update?

I got a bootloop after booting to lockscreen. Crespo build.
Some logcat errors:
Code:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/Trace  ( 2901): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Desktop items loading interrupted:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died

damn...

I recommend to wipe before install new ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

did you click ok after that prompt? what happened from that point?
There's an option of Cancel and OK. Pressing either does nothing. When I go to the Online tab to get new themes, the Download button does nothing either.

I'll probably go back to last week's ROM until this is sorted out. Thanks for the support, team :)

I got a bootloop after booting to lockscreen. Crespo build.
Some logcat errors:
Code:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Caused by: android.os.DeadObjectException
E/Trace  ( 2901): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): Desktop items loading interrupted:
W/Launcher.Model( 2677): java.lang.RuntimeException: Package manager has died

damn...
Send me whole log? My ns didn't boot loop.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.