Status
Not open for further replies.
on my sgs2 i have the theme app crash also. The camera app got any update? Because i see that its the same as in the older miui version. thx

Going to be a long weekend, part of the problem is down to China this week - Last minute changes again.

People having bootloop issues, please state devices!!!

I know some have but equally some haven't so we need to see which devices need fixes.

Bootlooping here on the HTC One X international.

First boot, gets as far as the launcher before soft crashing.
After that, continuously bootloops.

Thank goodness for Nandroid backups!

Bootlooping here on the HTC One X international.

First boot, gets as far as the launcher before soft crashing.
After that, continuously bootloops.

Thank goodness for Nandroid backups!
Are you using a custom theme by any chance? if so try a full wiped flash with stock theme and see if that is ok.

For anyone having issues, i'll try my best over the weekend to get to the root causes. It seems this week China did change a lot for the 4.1.2 / 4.1 devices so we need some time to look into the issue. It is not going on deaf ears.

Thanks,
Mark

We are in for the night.
  • I used maguro to port, and no issues.
  • Reports of SGS2, Evo, Maguro bootlooping.
  • My NS & MI2 are fine.
So let the IRC testing begin. Will be online for the next 5ish hours working through this with the team.

FYI MiuiAndroid Staff :)

Same issue in regards to 'Browser.apk' which will cause a FC when navigating to: Browser > Settings > Advanced

The FC is caused by "Browser/res/xml/advanced_preferences.xml" being empty or corrupt. You know the drill, noticed on CRESPO build but like last time may affect others too.

To solve this, simply replace 'advanced_preferences.xml' with the previous build's file and removing "Browser\res\values\xmls.xml"

Then recompile Browser.apk...

Best Regards,

s89

Samsug Galaxy S3 i9300 International,,,, Just a note, as i dont use video,, but on v 2.10.26 the 1900x1080 video dosent work,, but the 1280x720 works, also how com no JB for sgs3 international yet? soon Key Lime Pie will be out before it! :eek:

seems im the only one who hasnt had a bootloop issue LOL (maguro)
though themes are a issue with a some .data folde in miui etc.

...still investigating

seems im the only one who hasnt had a bootloop issue LOL (maguro)
though themes are a issue with a some .data folde in miui etc.

...still investigating
yeah ive never seen such a folder before..

Its being trace to upgrading with a 3rd party theme is causing bootloop due to Xiaomi's new Premium Themes and encrypted themes. This is a major problem and shouldn't even be happening.

So make sure your on stock theme before upgrading as a precaution as we continue to investigate.

Its being trace to upgrading with a 3rd party theme is causing bootloop due to Xiaomi's new Premium Themes and encrypted themes. This is a major problem and shouldn't even be happening.

So make sure your on stock theme before upgrading as a precaution as we continue to investigate.
so before upgrading i should just apply the stock theme and we are fine?

ThemeManager issue is due to the NEW DrmService MIUI has implemented, replacing ThemeManager.apk with the previous builds APK does work but only allows you to apply local themes, as soon as you initiate a download through ThemeManager browser viewer the theme download instantly fails using the older APK.

Can't even swap out smali with the previous to the new either as it looks like they've changed alot in the core app itself, smali structure isn't the same.

Boo :(, was this an issue on compiling or are non translated MIUI builds experiencing this issue too? i.e. force close when applying or downloading themes relating to ThemeManager\smali\miui\resourcebrowser\controller\online\DrmService* tree.

Undecided what to do in regards to my Sensation port now, may have to delay its release until solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.