2.12.28/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ingbrzy,

I've already told that the original firmware shows right network carrier name: MedioneMobile, your firmware shows the network name: E-Plus.

@ingbrzy,

I've already told that the original firmware shows right network carrier name: MedioneMobile, your firmware shows the network name: E-Plus.
hmm.. didnt read that before.. will be fixed for next release... so "Medion Mobile" change to "E-Plus"..?

It's not one to one change because there is E-Plus _network_ and MedioneMobile _provider_ and Telekom.de _network_ and Klarmobil _provider_. So there are many providers that use the same network. The original firmware shows the correct label (MedioneMobile and Klarmobil).

Xiaomi MiOne gapps installation is a nightmare! Please include a Google Play as a minimum.

Gapps installation just doesn't work!

PS. Carrier title is still wrong (again).

Google Play Store cannot be included for legal reasons, as far as I know, thus the GApps come separately. I am not sure why you have this demanding tone ... but you might use Lennox' CWM recovery, that worked for me when I had trouble installing the GApps.

PS: How is the correct carrier name important?

Sent from my Xiaomi using Tapatalk

@Sörnäinen,

Correct name is always better than incorrect one, right? About Google Play license - why it's legal to install it via the Xiaomi Market, but isn't legal to install via the MIUI? :)

PS. The main problem that I couldn't install the given gapps on my Xiaomi MiOneS ever using the Lennox Recovery.

Hi mods. I noticed no HTC Iinspire 4G release this week. Cannot find a reason in thread. Will it be coming later this week?

@Sörnäinen,

Correct name is always better than incorrect one, right? About Google Play license - why it's legal to install it via the Xiaomi Market, but isn't legal to install via the MIUI? :)

PS. The main problem that I couldn't install the given gapps on my Xiaomi MiOneS ever using the Lennox Recovery.

As far as I know it's not legal to install Google Play via Miui's market. Just that in China no judge cares. I may be wrong about this one, though - but I know that Google licenses the full Android with market and Gapps only to certain conditions. As far as I understood offering the package separately is the way to avoid legal trouble.

It's not that big of a deal.

I don't understand your PS. But I think the carrier name problem is rather petty. Why is this important at all, and why do we need to ask the MIUI-Android team to care for unnecessary things like that?

Reactions: ingbrzy
@Sörnäinen,

Google play is not a big problem, carrier name is not a big problem, separate language pack installation is not a big problem - but all they are still problems - they kills the pleasure to work with MIUI. "The devil hides in the details"...

@Sörnäinen,

Google play is not a big problem, carrier name is not a big problem, separate language pack installation is not a big problem - but all they are still problems - they kills the pleasure to work with MIUI. "The devil hides in the details"...

Well, use something else then. :) Buying a Chinese phone and relying on a community based ROM does not entitle you to effortless full-service. ;)

I just saw that you are in Germany, that explains why small things like that really are an issue for you. The typical Brit would shrug the shoulders and say: "So what. Phone works."

I think that's what you need to do: Adapt your attitude to the circumstances.

Did you make it to install the GApps? For me it really wouldn't work until I installed Lennox' CWM. After that all smooth sailing.

@Sörnäinen,

For me it's just not a problem at all - I'm a programmer and can fix it myself in few minutes, but I feel 'how perfect' it could be for a normal user, and here I'm a bit disappointed, because I know how easy to fix all that issues and don't understand why they're still exist.

Happy New Year guys! :)

Reactions: adamslast
What I don't understand is, why habe some people problems with their Xiaomi MI 2 and some not? The Rom works fine for me and all Gapps are included. Someone here can explain that to me ?
Happy New Year to all of you !

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 2

@Sörnäinen,

For me it's just not a problem at all - I'm a programmer and can fix it myself in few minutes, but I feel 'how perfect' it could be for a normal user, and here I'm a bit disappointed, because I know how easy to fix all that issues and don't understand why they're still exist.

Happy New Year guys! :)
Because of 25 devices.. We all pray to drop half of them with MIUIv5...

@ingbrzy,

I'm talking about only one the oldest _official_ Xiaomi device - Xiaomi MiOne. After about 1.5 years it still hasn't working multilanguage firmware - that's a bit strange for me.

@ingbrzy,

I'm talking about only one the oldest _official_ Xiaomi device - Xiaomi MiOne. After about 1.5 years it still hasn't working multilanguage firmware - that's a bit strange for me.
because of it has small system partition and apks are bigger and bigger with more and more features and translations... its time to drop multilang support for 1.5year old device...

because of it has small system partition and apks are bigger and bigger with more and more features and translations... its time to drop multilang support for 1.5year old device...

Does this apply to the M1s as well?

I'm sure that was a joke - to drop support of the actual xiaomi device sounds very strange.

You probably underestimate the work that needs to be done to maintain Miui and its many devices and weekly updates.

And how many people outside China have a Xiaomi device? The original stock ROM from Xiaomi won't drop the Mi1 that fast.

No ROM for DHD this week? previous version have wifi issue, internet connections drops after few minutes randomly, then come sa back online and drops again etc etc...

And for others who think that support for 1.5y old phone ist strange....sent me about 500euros and I will buy newest htc one x happily :) I have also experiencing problems with new miui versions for my DHD. They have released not every week, as others do.
My DHD is over 2yr old. For 400euros that the phone cost in time when i bought it, I expect I will use it of 4-5 years.
However, developers have no problem to make ROM to prehistoric HD2 weekly.

No ROM for DHD this week? previous version have wifi issue, internet connections drops after few minutes randomly, then come sa back online and drops again etc etc...

And for others who think that support for 1.5y old phone ist strange....sent me about 500euros and I will buy newest htc one x happily :) I have also experiencing problems with new miui versions for my DHD. They have released not every week, as others do.
My DHD is over 2yr old. For 400euros that the phone cost in time when i bought it, I expect I will use it of 4-5 years.
However, developers have no problem to make ROM to prehistoric HD2 weekly.

Don't get that wrong: Miui still is a community based ROM, and the developers here work for free. They will prefer to care for phones that have a large user base.

The Xiaomi phones have a large user base IN CHINA, and Xiaomi caters for it directly. They have been paid for it, so their customers can feel some entitlement.

But Multilanguage versions are a community effort. There is no way support can be expected or demanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.