2.12.28/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on Samsung, when JB will come to this device. But... im afraid its too late for SGS2. MIUI is focused on bringing MIUI v5 for current JB devices, and i think they wont do MIUI v5 for SGS2. Only top devices will get next MIUI (besides those that already have JB).

No, manufacturer based ports are nearly impossible which is why all non-source builds of MIUI have bugs to high heaven.

Not technically true as I have a near perfect sense jb miui. No bugs ive noticed

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Does the mms for gt-n7100 (note 2) work? I cannot send or receive mms even with the correct apn.

Status 7 error.

Checked the MD5 before booting into recory.

Wiped data, cache, dalvik, and system.

What might be wrong?

Galaxy S2 - I9100

Coming from Rooted JB Leak with Philz kernel and CWM touch.

Status 7 error.

Checked the MD5 before booting into recory.

Wiped data, cache, dalvik, and system.

What might be wrong?

Galaxy S2 - I9100

Coming from Rooted JB Leak with Philz kernel and CWM touch.

Figured it out. Restored to my older ICS CM9.1 rom, and then did all the above, and voila ... MIUI. So the kernel might have been the issue. First time MIUI user. Things look good, for now :)

uploaded.

kudos all. See you in 2013.

ALL OF YOU MIUI DEVS, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

But can you please, integrate a Sort Capability to MIUI home apk drawer. I am driving crazy, to replace the MIHome Launcher, only because I cant find any more nothing, after install and unistall my fav apks. Common guys, I am SURE, is nothing for you

i love miui roms.. but i jst have a problems with notifications for watsapp and go sms pro.
so does watsapp notification works on this version? is it fixed nw?

v2.12.29 almost toasted my U9200 today. RAM-usage is off the charts, it EATS battery and gets very hot. Tried reinstall (wipe cache and dalvik), same probrem. When long pressing home (task manager) the free ram showing is totally wrong. In a phone with 512mb ram, there simply is not over 300mb's free. That is also clearly wrong because of the problem with the battery i stated above.

Will go back to 2.12.21, seemed to work flawlessly :) If you find the problem and fix it would be super. But no more ICS builds, right? :(

I hope Huawei releases official JB so i can get your awesome stuff on it in the future! :)

Installed it on my HD2,works nice but requires 230M system partition.....that gives me less Internal memory.... :(

First time MIUI User. Enjoying the rom, it has everything i need. And by everything, i mean everything. And is pretty stable too.

Great work :). Kudos to the developers!

Reactions: ingbrzy
I also have the same problem as shiro and cain warsong - no SMS app (Desire HD). Running mms.apk from the zip file fails.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks for the hard work, devs.

edit - got it working in 2.12.21.

I also have the same problem as shiro and cain warsong - no SMS app (Desire HD). Running mms.apk from the zip file fails.

Anyone have a solution? Thanks for the hard work, devs.

edit - got it working in 2.12.21.
I made repack of multilang packs and it should work.. Try download it again...

im full wipe and flash 2.12.29. after the complete reboot and flash turkish multilang pack.
nothing has changed, still no sms app :/

im using desire z

Follow installation guide on OP of MIUI Multi 2.12.28/29:
  • install english release + gapps
  • REBOOT
  • install langpack

Hi
I tried to "downgrade" to 2.12.21 by deleting cache and dalvik, then flash rom from zip, using cwm on my u9200.
When starting the phone, the phone boots to lockscreen, but "com.android.phone" crashes all the time, and i can't do anything. Why didn't this work, and is there anything i can do without loosing contacts and apps? (Got backup though, but would prefer not to use it)

No JB for Galaxy S2 yet? Or never?:oops:
Same here? I hate this :cool:. I had HTC Desire, and immediately - is old. I have now SGS2, and now again - cant have JB or MIUI v5, is old device.

PS. My opinion, developers should not be lazy. They should focus, to make happy all the device's users. This is community thinking manner

Same here? I hate this :cool:. I had HTC Desire, and immediately - is old. I have now SGS2, and now again - cant have JB or MIUI v5, is old device.

PS. My opinion, developers should not be lazy. They should focus, to make happy all the device's users. This is community thinking manner
lol

Reactions: huntersun
OMG, the attention to detail is amazing. I was astounded by the recording app, the way the cassette plays and rewinds. And ppl if you have observed, the music player on the lock screen shows a nice rotating turntable. You need to observe it closely to enjoy it.

Im not paranoid, just a first time MIUI user that is all :D

I just wish that the JB version of MIUI is out for S2 soon as well :)

No pressure though, the developers are doing a great great job. Keep it up u ppl. Really appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

Reactions: Rezeart
Hello,

Thanks for your wonderful work with the MIUI rom.
After waiting long to get JB on HOX (HTC One X) i downloaded 2.12.28 but cant seem to get it working.

I have flashed the boot.img file onto my phone, done a cache, dalvik cache clearing as well as factory reset before installing this rom but still no joy.

It takes several tries to finally boot and load the rom.
When it does it just freezes and starts a boot loop.
Below are my phone details.

Anyone else with a HOX on the 3 UK network facing these issues or any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Device: ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL (unlocked HTC One X originally on 3 UK network)
HBOOOT - 0.96.0000
ROM: MIUI 2.12.28
RADIO: 2.1204.127.19
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.1.0
CID: H3G__001

I made repack of multilang packs and it should work.. Try download it again...
ingbrzy, thanks for the quick response. After downgrading to 12.21 and then applying your latest 12.28/29, SMS is working for me. I can't say for sure which part did the trick, though.

Now I am getting a Wifi problem similar to shiro's (I probably just never noticed yesterday; occurs in 12.21 and 12.28/29). Wifi connects fine for 10-60 secs and then loses all signals ("scanning for networks"); quickly comes back on and repeats. Power off+on seems to fix the problem temporarily... I think I may have a hardware issue or disk error. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks again! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.