Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Nexus 2.11.30 more stable than 2.12.07, which gave me MIUI launcher FCs on booting and occasional reboots. Any other Nexus users facing the same problems?

I find Nexus 2.11.30 more stable than 2.12.07, which gave me MIUI launcher FCs on booting and occasional reboots. Any other Nexus users facing the same problems?
no problem with Gnex on 2.12.7 at all... using franco.Kernel...

no problem with Gnex on 2.12.7 at all... using franco.Kernel...
Hello ingbrzy,

I just wanted to know, can you please guide me to the sites where i can find the Weekly MIUI leaks or test build for the Galaxy Note N7000...??
Bigota.d.miui does not open up in my country...
Very eager to run miui on my Note since the last 6 months and waiting for an official release, but........... :(
I am an experienced flasher and know the risks involved in it, as well as the existing brick-bug, just so if you feel hesitant....... ;)

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Regards.
Thanks. :)

Hi...
I am new to miuiandroid, and I can't install the s3 ROM, I get some messeg about m0=s3 (in the recovery mode) or something.
What am I doing wrong. I 'm not new to miui I'm using it for about a year and never had any installing problem.
Please help me with it.
Thanks in advance.

Any body?

something is preventing me changing dpi on the N7100 rom, editing the build.prop dont work and 320 dpi is far to big for 5.5 inche screen ;)

hey guys I got a problem, APEX LAUNCHER, NOVA LAUNCHER, ANY LAUNCHER. They are all not able to add widgets, the error says, Unfortunately, setting has stopped.. I reinstalled the ROM 3 times. The problem is the ROM. Any ideas? Thanks.

I AM USING THE LASTEST SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 ROM.

(SGS2) themes?? can do NOthing with themes.. changing, downloading, setting..
tried deleting Miui/theme folder.. upgraded existing themes.. deleted apk cache.. nothing.
ideas?

Reactions: khrizthian
something is preventing me changing dpi on the N7100 rom, editing the build.prop dont work and 320 dpi is far to big for 5.5 inche screen ;)
change it in build.prop in the zip of ROM.. and flash it again...

Hello ingbrzy,

I just wanted to know, can you please guide me to the sites where i can find the Weekly MIUI leaks or test build for the Galaxy Note N7000...??
Bigota.d.miui does not open up in my country...
Very eager to run miui on my Note since the last 6 months and waiting for an official release, but........... :(
I am an experienced flasher and know the risks involved in it, as well as the existing brick-bug, just so if you feel hesitant....... ;)

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Regards.
Thanks. :)
No beta ROMs leak from us.. sorry...

Hello, iBotPeaches.
Could you add this lines to /system/etc/apns-conf.xml in your next releases? Thank you.
Code:
<apn carrier="NCC" mcc="250" mnc="03" apn="internet" type="default,supl"/> 
<apn carrier="NCC MMS" mcc="250" mnc="03" apn="mms" mmsc="http://10.0.3.50" mmsproxy="10.0.3.20" mmsport="8080" type="mms"/>

Dear all,

I found no obvious annoying bugs in this build. But here are the things that I think they are acting a bit weird.

THEMES
1. When opening 'Themes', it will take some time to load the theme preview (I am referring to the thumbnail previews). In previous builds, I think they acted much quicker to load the previews.
2. Downloading themes from Xiaomi is very slow. No, it's not my internet connection fault since it streams youtube videos just fine.
3. I'm sorry if I ask this in a wrong thread. Has Xiaomi altered their themes code or whatever you call it? I have a number of .mtz (MIUI themes and icons) files which I downloaded from the web. I know installing them is easy -- just copy from the download directory and paste it in the MIUI's themes folder. After that I opened 'themes' on my MIUI homescreen. Then I clicked on 'upgrade' to upgrade them downloaded themes so that the system recognizes it. The problem is, some themes won't change the look of my homescreen - the icons remained the old ones, etc.

GALLERY
1. Zooming animation is not smooth. Sorry, I am not referring to the pinching in and out gesture in Gallery. After opening an album in the Gallery, there's a photo grid right? So I clicked on one photo, then it will automatically enlarge to show me its true size. The zooming animation stated in the previous sentence is what I said 'not smooth'. Please refer to point 2 below.
2. After that, swiping from a photo to another photo: it is not as buttery smooth as a Jelly Bean device should be. It feels like you're pulling a rope that tied to a box filled with rocks on a tarmac, and the movement of the box sliding over the coarse tarmac surface resembles the movement of the photos. I hope my English is good. I'm comparing this with my previous stock Jeally Bean running on my Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300.

CONTACTS
1. Zooming animation of contact's photo (avatar) is not smooth as well. I clicked on a contact name eg. John Smith. So there John Smith in his picture smiling at the upper-right corner of his contact details display. I wanted to see John Smith's teeth. I clicked on his picture. Then it will enlarge to show me his photo in true size. The animation (in and out) is not buttery smooth, same as problems mentioned in GALLERY.
2. 'Contacts' does not sync with Facebook contacts. There's an option to enable Facebook contact sync at Settings > Full Settings tab > Accounts > Facebook > Sync Contacts. But it just doesn't sync. I know this is one of the main drawbacks of MIUI that it doesn't allow Facebook sync (contacts, calendar, etc.). But why?
3. There is no default avatar in contacts. I think it is more cooler to have a default avatar than words in a square box showing the contact's name again.

'SYNC' TOGGLE BUTTON IN THE STATUS BAR
1. It will be better if I can completely disable 'sync' with only a click at the 'syc' toggle button and enable it back whenever I want without having to go to Settings > Common Settings > Accounts and Sync > slide the switch at the upper-right corner to left to disable sync. The 'sync' toggle button in the status bar does not working.

I'm sorry if I complain too much. Don't get angry at me. I'm just pointing out the weaknesses so that y'all can fix/improve it in future builds. And sorry for my bad English.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
MIUI build: 2.12.7

Fairuzuddin / Dean
Malaysia

Update:
Hey sorry. I think the 'sync' toggle button in the status bar actually works. So I have to enable internet data to get to see whether it works or not. LOL.

Hey sorry. I think the 'sync' toggle button in the status bar actually works. So I have to enable internet data to get to see whether it works or not. Hmmm.

LOL.

Hello, iBotPeaches.
Could you add this lines to /system/etc/apns-conf.xml in your next releases? Thank you.
Code:
<apn carrier="NCC" mcc="250" mnc="03" apn="internet" type="default,supl"/>
<apn carrier="NCC MMS" mcc="250" mnc="03" apn="mms" mmsc="http://10.0.3.50" mmsproxy="10.0.3.20" mmsport="8080" type="mms"/>

k done.

Reactions: Neamv
2. Downloading themes from Xiaomi is very slow. No, it's not my internet connection fault since it streams youtube videos just fine.

That's because of Miui servers being slow..

3. I'm sorry if I ask this in a wrong thread. Has Xiaomi altered their themes code or whatever you call it? I have a number of .mtz (MIUI themes and icons) files which I downloaded from the web. I know installing them is easy -- just copy from the download directory and paste it in the MIUI's themes folder. After that I opened 'themes' on my MIUI homescreen. Then I clicked on 'upgrade' to upgrade them downloaded themes so that the system recognizes it. The problem is, some themes won't change the look of my homescreen - the icons remained the old ones, etc.

Those themes probably are not fully compatible..

CONTACTS
3. There is no default avatar in contacts. I think it is more cooler to have a default avatar than words in a square box showing the contact's name again.

There is a default avatar, which looks like a msn icon :p Check contacts settings.

CONTACTS

There is a default avatar, which looks like a msn icon :p Check contacts settings.

Ah. Haha! I found it! Thanks!

I'm a noob. :(

I know it is a basic question... But i dont know the answer...
Is there any option to arrange the icons in alphabetical order??? Kindly let me know pls!!!

Hey Guys can we flash any custom kernel that will work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 MIUI ROM apart from the kernel that you provide?

Dear all,

I found no obvious annoying bugs in this build. But here are the things that I think they are acting a bit weird.

THEMES
1. When opening 'Themes', it will take some time to load the theme preview (I am referring to the thumbnail previews). In previous builds, I think they acted much quicker to load the previews.

GALLERY
1. Zooming animation is not smooth. Sorry, I am not referring to the pinching in and out gesture in Gallery. After opening an album in the Gallery, there's a photo grid right? So I clicked on one photo, then it will automatically enlarge to show me its true size. The zooming animation stated in the previous sentence is what I said 'not smooth'. Please refer to point 2 below.
2. After that, swiping from a photo to another photo: it is not as buttery smooth as a Jelly Bean device should be. It feels like you're pulling a rope that tied to a box filled with rocks on a tarmac, and the movement of the box sliding over the coarse tarmac surface resembles the movement of the photos. I hope my English is good. I'm comparing this with my previous stock Jeally Bean running on my Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300.

CONTACTS
1. Zooming animation of contact's photo (avatar) is not smooth as well. I clicked on a contact name eg. John Smith. So there John Smith in his picture smiling at the upper-right corner of his contact details display. I wanted to see John Smith's teeth. I clicked on his picture. Then it will enlarge to show me his photo in true size. The animation (in and out) is not buttery smooth, same as problems mentioned in GALLERY.
2. 'Contacts' does not sync with Facebook contacts. There's an option to enable Facebook contact sync at Settings > Full Settings tab > Accounts > Facebook > Sync Contacts. But it just doesn't sync. I know this is one of the main drawbacks of MIUI that it doesn't allow Facebook sync (contacts, calendar, etc.). But why?

'SYNC' TOGGLE BUTTON IN THE STATUS BAR
1. It will be better if I can completely disable 'sync' with only a click at the 'syc' toggle button and enable it back whenever I want without having to go to Settings > Common Settings > Accounts and Sync > slide the switch at the upper-right corner to left to disable sync. The 'sync' toggle button in the status bar does not working.

I'm sorry if I complain too much. Don't get angry at me. I'm just pointing out the weaknesses so that y'all can fix/improve it in future builds. And sorry for my bad English.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
MIUI build: 2.12.7

Fairuzuddin / Dean
Malaysia

Update:
Hey sorry. I think the 'sync' toggle button in the status bar actually works. So I have to enable internet data to get to see whether it works or not. LOL.
How do you install the miui Rom on sgs3?????
I have treid it for a few times and nothing. always the same error something with m0==s3 ( I`m not sure )
any help will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.