MIUI 12.0 20.5.21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Works fine on Mi MIX 2 chiron. Just one thing, the Security patch is from septembre 2019 :( I know it´s not your fault, is because the china rom but... I don´t understand why don't they update that.

Thanks for the work!
Generally, China ROM is updated before Global ROM... ;)
There is no more recent security patch update for your device... So you can blame Xiaomi. ^^

Reactions: georgecm1323
Released today for Mi 9/Mi 9T/Mi 9T Pro devices. ;)
I have seen that the stable version is only for the Mi9T \ K20 but not yet for the MI9. I wanted to ask you now with the stable version of MI9 is it possible to update via OTA from the beta version to the stable EU?

I have seen that the stable version is only for the Mi9T \ K20 but not yet for the MI9. I wanted to ask you now with the stable version of MI9 is it possible to update via OTA from the beta version to the stable EU?
No... you can't go back to Global Stable ROM from any xiaomi.eu ROM without "Format Data" in TWRP first. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, my previous post wasn't clear... I speak about Official Global Stable ROM release. :)

Anyway, it's recommended to "Format Data" when going to Stable EU from Weekly EU.

Last edited:
No... you can't go back to Global Stable ROM from any xiaomi.eu ROM without "Format Data" in TWRP first. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, my previous post wasn't clear... I speak about Official Global Stable ROM release. :)

Anyway, it's recommended to "Format Data" when going to Stable EU from Weekly EU.
Should you upgrade to the global stable beta from the EU? Do I need to format the Data partition for a clean installation and why are they two branches of different roms? Finally, will subsequent updates always be via OTA?

Edit: Now that the global beta version has been released, will the EU version be developed on this one, or will it always be on the Chinese version?

Last edited:
Should you upgrade to the global stable beta from the EU? Do I need to format the Data partition for a clean installation and why are they two branches of different roms? Finally, will subsequent updates always be via OTA?

Edit: Now that the global beta version has been released, will the EU version be developed on this one, or will it always be on the Chinese version?
I stay on weekly xiaomi.eu ROM version, bugs are more quickly fixed here. ;)
You need to "Format Data" (it's not "Wipe /data partition") in TWRP for a clean installation.

EU versions are based on China ROMs, don't think it will change because of Global MIUI 12 release. ;)

I stay on weekly xiaomi.eu ROM version, bugs are more quickly fixed here. ;)
You need to "Format Data" (it's not "Wipe /data partition") in TWRP for a clean installation.

EU versions are based on China ROMs, don't think it will change because of Global MIUI 12 release. ;)

Thanks always for your quick interventions. I agree with you to stay on the EU version and also have updates via OTA, as well as weekly. Finally, I would like to ask you what happens when the stable version of MIUI12 is released? will the update always be via OTA automatically, or do you have to format the famous partition?

First of all, really thanks for you hard job!

just installed in a k20PRO and maybe I'm styupid (probable) but cannot swipe from bottom to middle to change apps or close active ones... Nothing happens. Had to activate again that 3 ugly buttons...

Anyone else?

First of all, really thanks for you hard job!

just installed in a k20PRO and maybe I'm styupid (probable) but cannot swipe from bottom to middle to change apps or close active ones... Nothing happens. Had to activate again that 3 ugly buttons...

Anyone else?

Confirmed I'm stupid... Rebooted and it works like a charm...

• Haha
Reactions: JonaValdez
Thanks always for your quick interventions. I agree with you to stay on the EU version and also have updates via OTA, as well as weekly. Finally, I would like to ask you what happens when the stable version of MIUI12 is released? will the update always be via OTA automatically, or do you have to format the famous partition?
You should stay on xiaomi.eu weekly ROM branch. ;)
Going to stable version from a latest weekly version will certainly causes issues because it's a "downgrade". :)
And you will continue to get weekly ROM updates via OTA.

Reactions: PieroAnt
You should stay on xiaomi.eu weekly ROM branch. ;)
Going to stable version from a latest weekly version will certainly causes issues because it's a "downgrade". :)
And you will continue to get weekly ROM updates via OTA.
do you know about this: https://c.mi.com/thread-2548272-1-0.html
i cant enable voLTE with the Tim Brasil and i cant find this "modem config" to change to "malaysia"
currently using 20.5.21 mi9t/k20 rom

I have a problem installing the ROM.
I have Mi Note 10. When I try to install the rom with twrp everything completes but when I try to reboot it's saying "No os installed"

I have a problem installing the ROM.
I have Mi Note 10. When I try to install the rom with twrp everything completes but when I try to reboot it's saying "No os installed"
Did you format the Data partition and type yes to confirm? Or did you just wipe?

Except for the fact that the Google Feed in the system launcher still shows a bug in dark mode, this version of xiaomi.eu runs fantastic. So that the dark mode is completely taken over.
2161c28defd50de37317746ebefa565f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Except for the fact that the Google Feed in the system launcher still shows a bug in dark mode, this version of xiaomi.eu runs fantastic. So that the dark mode is completely taken over.
2161c28defd50de37317746ebefa565f.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Strange because in my MI9 it works perfectly

Xiaomi mi 10 pro randomly Soft reboots.
It won't show the Mi logo
It shows only the 5G and Miui logo
So I guess it only reboots OS not whole device
It only takes 3 seconds. Not full reboot.

Never did that while I'm using it.
But I have it in front of me and I see it soft reboot like 2 or 3 times in an hour.

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.