MIUI 14 23.10.15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhhh... I got a notification... To update to Android 14... From Google? With a 2.14GB download button. Seems legit, and it's from Google Play Services.

The hell? This looks like an AOSP update or something, but I'm on this xiaomi.eu build.

Has anyone also received this?

View attachment 49469

I'm absolutely tempted into downloading and installing it, but I'm pretty positive that's gonna brick my phone, if it does, indeed, download and install.

By the time I reached the end of this post, I'm wondering if this was caused by a Magisk module, making Google think this is a Pixel or something.

As I'm not sure, I'll still post it here and see if someone has a certain explanation for this.

Here are my modules
View attachment 49470
A Xiaomi EU on a Pixel. A farytale in the morning

Uhhhh... I got a notification... To update to Android 14... From Google? With a 2.14GB download button. Seems legit, and it's from Google Play Services.

The hell? This looks like an AOSP update or something, but I'm on this xiaomi.eu build.

Has anyone also received this?

View attachment 49469

I'm absolutely tempted into downloading and installing it, but I'm pretty positive that's gonna brick my phone, if it does, indeed, download and install.

By the time I reached the end of this post, I'm wondering if this was caused by a Magisk module, making Google think this is a Pixel or something.

As I'm not sure, I'll still post it here and see if someone has a certain explanation for this.

Here are my modules
View attachment 49470
Strange, it's possible the cause of the Pixel modules that make your phone act like a Pixel device a little bit too much.
I doubt it would install, but wouldn't recommend on trying to do so.

I have tried the new version of playintegrityfixm with magdisk on my XM12, with Weekly build.
it seems to have fixed the issue :)

here are instructions I found on how to do it:

"I don't think that Xiaomi "EU" stock rom is a problem when it's rooted.
I solved the problem in this way (a mix of several forums):

1) Latest Magisk (normal) v26.4 with:
- Options: Zygisk enabled and Hide Magisk app
- No google apps or services in the deny list (only banking and other personal apps)
- Modules: Systemless Hosts (Magisk included) and Play Integrity Fix v12.1 by chiteroman
2) Airplane mode and then manually set date 10 days ahead in the future (to force google's various checks when online again)
3) Force close and clear all (cache+data) of Google's: Play Services, Play Store, Services Framework, Wallet
(clearing wallet data obviously means to add cards again)
4) Reboot
5) Open Wallet and enable again connections and NFC as requested
6) Set date to the right values

With these steps, all working again and PlayIntegrityChecker giving the first 2 flags green (in these days google feels this great amount of checks as an "attack" and my not work, but no matter"

Link:
Hello!
I'm considering this procedure for my current situation - XM12 EU weekly, no root.
I went through the Magisk installation steps and I stumbled upon this step

1700041327769.png

which should be done on XM12, having a separate vbmeta partition.
Could you confirm if this step is actually wiping data or not?
Because if it is wiping, I would go with the EU stable instead.

Thanks!

Hello!
I'm considering this procedure for my current situation - XM12 EU weekly, no root.
I went through the Magisk installation steps and I stumbled upon this step

View attachment 49471

which should be done on XM12, having a separate vbmeta partition.
Could you confirm if this step is actually wiping data or not?
Because if it is wiping, I would go with the EU stable instead.

Thanks!
vbmeta is already disabled on our ROMs, this command will change nothing for you (it does the same thing).

Reactions: KGVER
Strange, it's possible the cause of the Pixel modules that make your phone act like a Pixel device a little bit too much.
I doubt it would install, but wouldn't recommend on trying to do so.
That's what I'm guessing, and I won't try to install it, as best case scenario, it'd just fail to install, as it's clearly not a ROM meant for Diting, coming straight from Google

It surely makes for a funny pestering notification, though
Screenshot_2023-11-15-15-29-59-464_com.microsoft.emmx-edit.jpg

Get Android 14 now.
More personal, secure and accessible.
Tap to learn more and download

Google Pay not working on Xiaomi 12T Pro. There is no fix and we have to wait for new ROM. And the new ROM will arrive about in december or jan. - nice...

Google Pay not working on Xiaomi 12T Pro. There is no fix and we have to wait for new ROM. And the new ROM will arrive about in december or jan. - nice...
It was working til a day or two ago... Stuff is starting to break down, Google Play Store not certified, Netflix doesn't want to update anymore (and says not supported on play store), chatgpt app refuses to work, Wallet refuses to pay...

Ugh, it's a mess. I've updated the Play Integrity Fix to v13 yesterday as soon as it was released, but even them have thrown the towel. They explicitly say that xiaomi.eu custom ROMs will fail the test.

I suppose it's due to the period that the ROM isn't getting updates, and that it coincided with the period that Google had a weird itch to mess with this stuff out of sudden.

I can't wait for HyperOS's release.

It was working til a day or two ago... Stuff is starting to break down, Google Play Store not certified, Netflix doesn't want to update anymore (and says not supported on play store), chatgpt app refuses to work, Wallet refuses to pay...

Ugh, it's a mess. I've updated the Play Integrity Fix to v13 yesterday as soon as it was released, but even them have thrown the towel. They explicitly say that xiaomi.eu custom ROMs will fail the test.

I suppose it's due to the period that the ROM isn't getting updates, and that it coincided with the period that Google had a weird itch to mess with this stuff out of sudden.

I can't wait for HyperOS's release.
Note the bug thread:

Builds are being made compatible with Play Integrity Fix, it doesn't do anything right now.

No there's HyperOS dev rom for select devices.
Stable builds will be reuploaded
and this is the problem... normally not, 'cause we get an update every week. But this time, there is no update for weeks and will not come until hyperOS will be released. Nobody knows when this will happen and until this, we alle have this problem. I don't know what the devs are doing at the moment, but they would make everyone happy if they release a build with the fix for that.

No there's HyperOS dev rom for select devices.
Stable builds will be reuploaded
Thanks for replying.

Is my understanding correct that if a user choses the dev rom and doesn't want to switch to the stable rom (because of factory reset) then Xiaomi.eu team declares there are not options to make Google Play integrity to pass?

I really hope that it is not true.
May you probably suggest some workarounds?

Additionally, upgrading rom major version for me as a user is always a pain in the ass so I'd like to postpone it as much as I can. However, the play integrity issue would force me to do that if my understanding is correct.

I feel like I stuck here and asking for some help to understand the issue better and find more suitable solution.

Going with the stable rom means that I won't receive the latest security updates and bug fixes. Going with the dev rom means that play integrity will inevitably stop working from time to time for unpredictable amount of time.

I'd like to keep using the dev rom. Are there any ways to mimic dev rom to be treated as stable rom by the play integrity module, ex by hiding/mocking some prop values? If some which of them should I mock and which values should I use?

After update there is a new problem with Google pay, when Miui14, my phone will say not meet safety requirement. Now it says there is a problem setting active account.

After update there is a new problem with Google pay, when Miui14, my phone will say not meet safety requirement. Now it says there is a problem setting active account.
You posted the same question in two different threads, are you using MIUI 14 or HyperOS ?

Thanks for replying.

Is my understanding correct that if a user choses the dev rom and doesn't want to switch to the stable rom (because of factory reset) then Xiaomi.eu team declares there are not options to make Google Play integrity to pass? ...
Can you point to the source of that? I have not seen this anywhere. What I have seen is @ingbrzy stating that for the weekly ROMs, we shall have to wait for the updates / new versions regarding Google Wallet, etc. This is reiterated here.

This now seems to be a constant cat and mouse game with Google - whenever one side produces an upgrade, the other produces another upgrade to counter that. Through this, it appears that Google, whether rightly or wrongly, wants to maintain control.

What me must realise is that unlocking the phones and installing a different ROM is a hack into the system. Google can therefore argue that this is potentially a threat to their security.

The developers here are clearly having a very difficult task in trying to keep abreast of all of this, and are still doing a magnificent job!

Reactions: Mali2
HI all. I have a headache of various infos I found here about safetynet and GPay. Can someone clarify one more time, just for me, please....Does weekly beta Roms have GPay fix included in the Rom or not? If Yes, how can I safely switch from latest stable to weekly because now the stable is newer than weekly. I don´t have TWRP installed. Thanks!

HI all. I have a headache of various infos I found here about safetynet and GPay. Can someone clarify one more time, just for me, please....Does weekly beta Roms have GPay fix included in the Rom or not? If Yes, how can I safely switch from latest stable to weekly because now the stable is newer than weekly. I don´t have TWRP installed. Thanks!
The MIUI 14 weeklies does not have the latest GPay fix, there is not really a reason to switch.

Reactions: kekec01
Hello!
I installed this weekly ROM with a clean install.
What else needs to be done to make Integrity good?
The device does not have a certificate Play Store

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-53-36-301_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-53-36-301_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-54-05-683_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-19-23-54-05-683_com.android.vending.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 78
Hello!
It will never work with this weekly since it has a non-working fix. You must install a stable version without the fix and install Magisk & Play Integrity Fix, or wait for HyperOS weekly to be released for your device (not sure if it's gonna happen). See this announcement: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...curity-requirements.70444/page-15#post-705700

I understood, I thought.
The "fix" can no longer be overwritten, you just have to wait for next week's release.
However, it might not be until January or sometime in the future, and the A14, HyperOS...
Thanks for the information!

Hello!
This weekly ROM is over a month old. Much has been happening in that time - more specifically in relation to Google integrity checks, for such things as Google Wallet (Pay). A fast upgrade to the stable version was done when Google Wallet first stopped working. That got it working again. And then it stopped working again. The result now is that the stable version will no longer carry any fix for this, and it will be up to the individual to find a work-around, such as Magisk. See the fix - How to flash Magisk and Play Integrity Fix on Xiaomi.eu

As I understand it, when the new weekly ROMs arrive, they may carry a fix for this. But it seems that Google is determined to stop it. So I think that we shall have to see when the new weekly arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.