Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Maybe it could be mentioned in the Change Log? Maybe more people had the same problem or was the carrier problem untouched by the Dev team?

You must of grabbed it from an old server, that didn't update in time. I fixed the problem in the hotfix.
For not disappointing u, I attached here latest screenshot from 3.2.1 that I downloaded 1 hour ago and 3.2.8 before that. Can see that in 3.2.1 the problem still not solved but it is solved in 3.2.8.

Screenshot_2013-02-08-22-26-02.png

Screenshot_2013-02-08-23-02-32.png

That's good to know Imraz, someone has changed something somewhere (twice) and now it is solved somehow. It is useful to log every change bij Developers. But it still is a rom made by volunteers who do the best they can.
Heads up for the Dev's

That's good to know Imraz, someone has changed something somewhere (twice) and now it is solved somehow. It is useful to log every change bij Developers. But it still is a rom made by volunteers who do the best they can.
Heads up for the Dev's
Good job for the Dev for solving this issue. I guess they rollback to the previous working version for me which is 3.1.25. ;)

I am big fan of MIUI, but from November 2012 , its becoming slow and slow keeps hanging, sometimes incoming calls dont displays. Some Bugs are consistent. I am eagerly waiting for a stable version.
Using XPERIA ARC S , Browser crashes very frequently, Maps Crashes 3 out of 10 times. Before NOV2012 , it was very smooth.
Developers , we love your work , plz plz fix few issue of crashes.
MIUI really makes you feel special, its overall look is very elegant, And will continue using it .
Great work Dev's

Good job for the Dev for solving this issue. I guess they rollback to the previous working version for me which is 3.1.25. ;)

There was no rollback. In terms of technical. On all previous versions of 3.2.1 we manually insert a pre-modified arrays.xml (of framework-miui-res.apk) in order to allow multiple languages and fix the FC on About->Status which is fixed by the 5000 line entry of carriers.

On 3.2.1 I adapted a new method which used a .part file (part of arrays.xml) that we change. (EX: Only the changes of carrier values, id, names and translations). So that part file would get injected into the original arrays.xml per device. Instead of managing hardcoded values. As hardcoding = bad.

The problem on 3.2.1 occurred when the system inserted on the values array, but replaced on the names array.

Imagine the array
name_ids
id[1] = 2
id[2] = 4

and the corresponding values
name_values
values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";

As you can see, the name_ids of 1 corresponding to the metadata of array element 2 (name_values) which equals "ye".

So now we inserted a new value pair of
id[3] = 5;
values[5] = "connor";

into both arrays.

This made it

id[1] = 2;
id[2] = 4;
id[3] = 5;

values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";
values[5] = "connor"

but in reality, this happened.

id[1] = 5;
id[2] = 2;
id[3] = 4;
values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";
values[5] = "connor"

Which made all the names and id pairs out of sync. So there was no organization. IDs were pointing to the wrong carriers. The bug was fixed, but the cosmetic display carrier name was wrong.

tldr; There was no rollback.

Reactions: fusionjack
There was no rollback. In terms of technical. On all previous versions of 3.2.1 we manually insert a pre-modified arrays.xml (of framework-miui-res.apk) in order to allow multiple languages and fix the FC on About->Status which is fixed by the 5000 line entry of carriers.

On 3.2.1 I adapted a new method which used a .part file (part of arrays.xml) that we change. (EX: Only the changes of carrier values, id, names and translations). So that part file would get injected into the original arrays.xml per device. Instead of managing hardcoded values. As hardcoding = bad.

The problem on 3.2.1 occurred when the system inserted on the values array, but replaced on the names array.

Imagine the array
name_ids
id[1] = 2
id[2] = 4

and the corresponding values
name_values
values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";

As you can see, the name_ids of 1 corresponding to the metadata of array element 2 (name_values) which equals "ye".

So now we inserted a new value pair of
id[3] = 5;
values[5] = "connor";

into both arrays.

This made it

id[1] = 2;
id[2] = 4;
id[3] = 5;

values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";
values[5] = "connor"

but in reality, this happened.

id[1] = 5;
id[2] = 2;
id[3] = 4;
values[2] = "ye";
values[4] = "test";
values[5] = "connor"

Which made all the names and id pairs out of sync. So there was no organization. IDs were pointing to the wrong carriers. The bug was fixed, but the cosmetic display carrier name was wrong.

tldr; There was no rollback.
Thanks iBotPeaches, well explained ;)

Newman N2
MIUI Multi Lang 3.2.1

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
status 7
Installation aborted

The Newman N2 will be the version 3.2.8 ?

Thank you Devs..
The ROM is better and better.
GPS Issue and apps installation are fixed.....:)

Only USB tethering doesn't work. it crashes when enable it

I love my HD2

Thank you

Newman N2
MIUI Multi Lang 3.2.1

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
status 7
Installation aborted

The Newman N2 will be the version 3.2.8 ?
I will make a repack (full multilang ROM 3.2.1) for Newman N2... working on it now..

Status
Not open for further replies.