3.3.1 (V5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uk english, i dont use lenguage pack because italian is disabled.
it was fixed 2 days ago in english lang.... how to reproduce your issue..? fixed one was when you got notification for 2 and more messages...

it was fixed 2 days ago in english lang.... how to reproduce your issue..? fixed one was when you got notification for 2 and more messages...
i simply add my gmail account in email app (why dont have push? =/) and not sync, after shutdown the phone app when open get a force close.

I try redownload and made another full wipe.

i simply add my gmail account in email app (why dont have push? =/) and not sync, after shutdown the phone app when open get a force close.

I try redownload and made another full wipe.
Why use that email app with Gmail. That email app is meant for email accounts that don't have Gmail. Use Gmail app.

That issue your getting is the same issue I fixed. So can't really say anything, since I fixed that Fc.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

Why use that email app with Gmail. That email app is meant for email accounts that don't have Gmail. Use Gmail app.

That issue your getting is the same issue I fixed. So can't really say anything, since I fixed that Fc.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

i use the Email app because usually use two email and want only one client. But actually i dont need these email on my phone. Afterfull wipe i get the same error.

Code:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 8) ends beyond length 0
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.checkRange(SpannableStringInternal.java:349)
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.setSpan(SpannableStringInternal.java:77)
at android.text.SpannableString.setSpan(SpannableString.java:46)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.getSingleMessageInboxLine(NotificationController.java:584)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.createNewMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:514)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$MessageContentObserver.onChange(NotificationController.java:897)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:369)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:347)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.access$400(NotificationController.java:75)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$1.run(NotificationController.java:272)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:615)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$NotificationThread.run(NotificationController.java:1033)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)

i use the Email app because usually use two email and want only one client. But actually i dont need these email on my phone. Afterfull wipe i get the same error.

Code:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 8) ends beyond length 0
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.checkRange(SpannableStringInternal.java:349)
at android.text.SpannableStringInternal.setSpan(SpannableStringInternal.java:77)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.getSingleMessageInboxLine(NotificationController.java:584)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.createNewMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:514)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$MessageContentObserver.onChange(NotificationController.java:897)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:369)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.registerMessageNotification(NotificationController.java:347)
at com.android.email.NotificationController.access$400(NotificationController.java:75)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$1.run(NotificationController.java:272)
at com.android.email.NotificationController$NotificationThread.run(NotificationController.java:1033)
How reproduce that..? when we cant reproduce it, its hard to fix it...

How reproduce that..? when we cant reproduce it, its hard to fix it...
This is my action
- Download rom from goo.im or the miuiandroid server (i have tested both)
- Full wipe via Cwm
- Install via Cwm
- Reboot phone and set up phone with preliminary operation (no xiaomi account and 0 in data monitor)
- Add my google account to playstore
- Add the same account in the email with 15 min of sync choosing gmail in the choice of the email setting
- First sync is ok
- Autosend me an email from my second account for try the sync
- After about 30 minutes if i try to going in setting of account get force close.

I think your problem is "- Full wipe via Cwm"
In CWM you should:
1. mounts and storage -> format system
2. mounts and storage -> format system1
3. mounts and storage -> data
4. mounts and storage -> cache
and then install the rom on one or both systems.
*don't forget to chose active system (In CWM): advanced -> active system.

One thing i relly miss from the former version of miui browser is the Text reflow in browser ....

my phone turned off by itself a couple of times while the screen was off (haven't touched it for 10m in the first time and overnight the second time).
long pressed the power button and it reboot regulary, but that's pretty annoing :\

battery life is about the same for me..

camera app showed a weird picture one time (like stripes of what the camera sees ) but that only happend once.

all in all V5 is a good update, but the system feels a bit slower than V4. especially when opening\closing folders, thats when everything turns laggy

i still have the problem that i cant search from adress bar or from search bar in browser stock if i change to italian with more locale, theres a way to fix it? i know put in english fix it but like so i cant download italian apps from store

i still have the problem that i cant search from adress bar or from search bar in browser stock if i change to italian with more locale, theres a way to fix it? i know put in english fix it but like so i cant download italian apps from store

Italian probably has the double && bug in his Browser.apk/res/values-it/arrays.xml

I m currentlly on Hot fix 3. If I apply Hotfix 4 - where does it update? Sys1 or sys 2? ( currenlty i think my phone is using sys2 - which 11GB storage). How can I see both system?

yes, you can download now.... and hope, Email issue is fixed for you... :) let us know...
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: setSpan (-1 ... 16) ends beyond length 0
at android.database.ContentObserver.onChange(ContentObserver.java:129)
at android.database.ContentObserver$NotificationRunnable.run(ContentObserver.java:180)

I m currentlly on Hot fix 3. If I apply Hotfix 4 - where does it update? Sys1 or sys 2? ( currenlty i think my phone is using sys2 - which 11GB storage). How can I see both system?

Whatever system your not on.

i tried with gmail and my second account hotmail is the same error.

That wasn't directed to you. I don't have the error anymore, and thats the same one we fixed in your report. I'll check for the 15th time to see if I missed anything.

That wasn't directed to you. I don't have the error anymore, and thats the same one we fixed in your report. I'll check for the 15th time to see if I missed anything.
i know sorry but is the error i get =/ i'm not a newbie but in this case the problem is with sync. Example i tried to download gmail and no receive any notification. But sync work.

Status
Not open for further replies.