Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do not you answer me

i flash your rom but my lock screen doesn't work (on miui.com roms it working with 217mb version but doesn`t work with 330mb version)(i9100)
note: i tested miui germany version but doesn`t work too

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 271
I have a dream that one day one of the many blatantly obvious bugs that I posted weeks ago...

http://en.miui.com/thread-3203-1-1.html

...might actually be fixed. All of which have existed since the first V5 rom

No disrespect to the devs but MIUI is too buggy for me and I think I will switch to Neuxs 4 after google I/O

I have a dream that one day one of the many blatantly obvious bugs that I posted weeks ago...

http://en.miui.com/thread-3203-1-1.html

...might actually be fixed. All of which have existed since the first V5 rom

No disrespect to the devs but MIUI is too buggy for me and I think I will switch to Neuxs 4 after google I/O
good move.. time to upgrade from Mione... but maybe to Mi2S and not N4... you will come back to MIUI for sure.. :)
We will not optimise texts for old hdpi devices..

i flash your rom but my lock screen doesn't work (on miui.com roms it working with 217mb version but doesn`t work with 330mb version)(i9100)
note: i tested miui germany version but doesn`t work too
Those two roms are different. Always wipe data/factory reset when changing from port to stock based MIUI v5. You did full wipe?

Reactions: daee_13
good move.. time to upgrade from Mione... but maybe to Mi2S and not N4... you will come back to MIUI for sure.. :)
We will not optimise texts for old hdpi devices..

Wow really? That's pretty bad. So you say you still support Mi One except parts of the UI and text looks misaligned and broken? I find that pretty shocking, that has to be a first for any manufacturer. Why bother releasing V5 for Mi One if it doesn't even display properly and text isn't optimized?

Definitely getting N4 now, again no disrespect to the devs here they all do a great job but that's very poor form indeed. None of the jellybean roms for older devices released by Samsung, HTC, Sony etc have this issue.

Wow really? That's pretty bad. So you say you still support Mi One except parts of the UI and text looks misaligned and broken? I find that pretty shocking, that has to be a first for any manufacturer. Why bother releasing V5 for Mi One if it doesn't even display properly and text isn't optimized?

Definitely getting N4 now, again no disrespect to the devs here they all do a great job but that's very poor form indeed.

some long texts are not bugs... it just looks weird...

its time to move forward... hdpi devices will die soon... UI looks fine on xhdpi so we will not make any shortening just because of old hdpi devices... btw. Mi2 is still better than N4... :)

Definitely getting N4 now, again no disrespect to the devs here they all do a great job but that's very poor form indeed. None of the jellybean roms for older devices released by Samsung, HTC, Sony etc have this issue.

Its hard for use to expand and work on current bugs/features when a 2 year old device is holding us back. Just because Xiaomi made it, doesn't mean it should live forever, it must die like all devices. The only reason it got v5 was because everyone was bitching about it. The device sucks compared to anything released in the past 1.5 years and stifles development. Our XML Repo is public and always has been. If you find a "long" string and think you can shorten it while keeping the same context, go ahead and submit a pull request. Thats the advantage of open source. Everyone can help.

As you can see by the small /system partition its not easy working with the device. Acid must of spent 40+ hours just trying to get that device to boot. Time like that for us unpaid community members isn't worth it. We have to allocate our "free" time to tasks that benefit all. Personally, I don't know why you would buy an N4 now. Google I/O is around the corner with a new Nexus, there is the HTC One, S4, Xiaomi MI2S and plenty of phones that blow away the N4.

Reactions: ingbrzy
some long texts are not bugs... it just looks weird...

its time to move forward... hdpi devices will die soon... UI looks fine on xhdpi so we will not make any shortening just because of old hdpi devices... btw. Mi2 is still better than N4... :)

Meh, thats a poor excuse, no mainstream manufacturer would ever release a a 4.1 rom for an older device with text misaligned and UI looking messed up. And at the end of the day if Xiaomi have aspirations to be a big name outside China this type of stunt just wont wash. To be honest I'd rather have a mostly bug free UI running latest android version than a Snapdragon 600 with similar build quality hardware. Maybe i'll look at mi3 when it releases but this has p***ed me off.

Obviously I will wait for Google I/O but im expecting an updated N4 rather than a N5. Im not saying its the devs faults either I understand older device limitations, you guys do a really great job, just seems like bad form on Xiaomi's part. Its fair enough to let software support for an older phone die thats understandable, but don't say you are gonna support a phone then make some broken rom. There are phones with much lower specs than the M1 running 4.1 nicely without these bugs, but I appreciate these MIUI roms are community based and fully customised too.

And in terms of price to power ratio N4 is still one of the best out there, HTC ones interface looks like android 2.1 and is ugly as sin and touchwiz is a complete bloated mess, i'd take stock over these any day of the week. Not to mention the fact i'm on a budget.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first query on the forum i just installed the ROM everything is working fine except one problem. I want to use APEX/NOVA as my default launcher but i am unable to use it as default. I made the apk as system application and that stopped the widget FC error. But now i am unable to make it default neither from the Apex/Nova menu and nor from Display-->Launcher Settings. Please help me out i am sure this must be happening to other people.

Thanks & Regards

Can Anyone Please Help Me Out...

Did you change lockscreen theme? The rom is ok because we have lot of users with I9100 and no one reported missing ls. Can you enter system? If yes then go to Themes and apply default lockscreen.

Reactions: daee_13
Did you change lockscreen theme? The rom is ok because we have lot of users with I9100 and no one reported missing ls. Can you enter system? If yes then go to Themes and apply default lockscreen.

i don`t change lockscreen theme i use default theme

Then please write a new thread in BUGS section of this forum. This is not the right topic for this issue.

Why was AOSP keyboard traded off for Samsung crap in this build for GT-N7000, how can I get it back other than reverting to 3.5.3?

I installed this on my Mi-One after formating dalvik cache in lenox recovery and now my phone doesn't boot up anymore! Doesn't even go past the silver Mi logo (it doesn't become orange). And this really sucks because my volume up button is broken so I can't enter recovery... :(

HTC One S:

Constant com.android.phone process crashing. It won't stop. Any ideas on how to fix this? Never had this issue on 3.5.3. Thanks.

Reactions: DoubleT34
Status
Not open for further replies.