[4.4] Google Play Edition [Aries]

I tried this ROM out of curiosity & I must say that the ROM is very smooth as MIUI!!!!
Seriously appreciate the work of all the developers involved in this build!

Also, I found a few bugs-
1. The zip uploaded in OP for Fixing Root & busybox when flashed shows "Status 2" error
2. I didnt tried earphones but when connected to Bluetooth Headset, the sound quality was quite bad...& when you try to change the equalizer settings 'MusicFX' FC's
3. In Launcher, when you hit menu & click on Settings it wouldn't react! When opened from App drawer Settings work perfectly fine.

The script.bat attached in the OP works perfectly fine! If its not working for you, just open the file in notepad++ & follow the commands in it!!!

Seriously thanks & appreciate the work of linuxxxx, Ivan, M1cha & everyone else involved in porting this build for our MI 2!!!!

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

This settings bug from the launcher screen (long press menu), is also in Ivan's Rom. XD

For me on ivan rom settings from launcher works, but it has just google settings

That's odd, I get the 3 icon's after long menu press but tapping on the settings icon doesn't do a thing. Just like you describe. I'm using Ivan's rom currently. XD

Here it is Ivan's 4.4

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384341553694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384341553694.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 340
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384341566264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384341566264.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 320
You can just use the Ivan's apk

I don't. I use Ivan's rom and I experience the same behaviour. When I press on the settings icon from the launcher nothing happens. Can be that it works for someone else, for me it doesn't. So I'm experiencing the same on Ivan's Rom.

+1 I use Ivan's rom and I experience the same behaviour. When I press on the settings icon from the launcher nothing happens.

Reactions: makhane
Any suggestions on how to improve the music quality on Bluetooth Headset!!!
The volume is fair good on Bluetooth headset!!
Its just the quality....
While listening its like sound of a bird transforms to sound of a toad!! :-D

Sent from my Xiaomi MI 2 using Tapatalk

Is it possible to use m1cha's kernel? Is this gonna improve the performance of the rom?

In System2 now I have the Ivan's kitkat ROM installed with the M1cha's recovery, in System1 last MIUI rom.
Can I install your PlayGoogleEditionAriesKitKat.zip simply putting the zip file in the external SD and flash on system2 with the M1cha's recovery (after wipe of course)?
Thanks! :D

In System2 now I have the Ivan's kitkat ROM installed with the M1cha's recovery, in System1 last MIUI rom.
Can I install your PlayGoogleEditionAriesKitKat.zip simply putting the zip file in the external SD and flash on system2 with the M1cha's recovery (after wipe of course)?
Thanks! :D
yes pirre :D

I'm impressed! this ROM works really good, stable and fast as hell! I think I still prefer MIUI but in terms of performance this is TOP!
Don't speak about performances aosp always was and will be one of the warts ROM... Miui is a custom ROM so it's more powerful, there is no rain on this XD

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

In fact, it's what I expected :p But I thought it would have some bugs, as KitKat has been released just some weeks ago.