MIUI 9 7.9.14/15

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
STILL NO FIX FOR THESE ISSUES!!

I'm reporting this as least for the 5th time now.

After the first release of Miui 9 I still encouter many bugs which haven't been solved yet after submitting my issue many times already.

I've reinstalled my phone 3 weeks ago: Full Reset and wiped everything.
Issues with Second Space have been partly solved. When you switch from Miui 8 to Miui 9, Second Space doesn't have access to the First Space. As far as I know, you can't backup Second Space on the same account as your First Space Miui account.
Advise for everyone who wants to switch from Miui 8 and 9, make sure that you don't have Second Space running.

Fixed:
- Can't use Second Space properly. Every shared app will Force Close when you open it.
- You need to pair with every BT device you have after you update the rom (this means connect to every device every week).

Current issues:
- Default mail app: I can't open my hotmail from the screenlock or pull-down menu. The system doesn't react on my action and the message dissapears. <-- Translation issue
- Default mail app: I can't open all e-mail messages especially the ones from webshops (advertismens and ). It gives me a error message: "e-mail keeps stopping". <-- Translation issue
19-09: I've edited this post.
The mail problems are related to the Dutch languague. I will create a new report in the language topic.

- When you switch from Second Space to First Space, Bluetooth connection will be turned off most of the times even when you have turned it on on both spaces. When you switch within a few seconds it will remain on. When you switch after 2-3 minutes, it wil be turned off on the First Space.

What did I do:
- Wiped cache of my mail client
- Re-entered my mail clients
- Did a clean wipe 3 weeks ago
- Updated my phone every week with the latest released
- Reported these problems at least 5 times already
- Switched from Dutch to English

Phone: Mi6
7.9.14 rom

Previous topic:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-7-8.41441/page-35#post-385658
641923b9471760e5787f779852f16b71.jpg
58dfe8c5a8639557c5f8ea2a7e5cb8fa.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Timon de Vries
Does anyone know how to fix that Mi5s does not see 3G network (UMTS) ? Tried different modems, without luck ((

This is awesome! Redmi Note 4 MTK series is being treated like the lepre of the xiaomi family! Ok we all know (or we learned the hard way) what kind of arses those at mediatek are, at least I would expect a heads up before buying these damn processors that there won't be any future support for Android 7 and 8 despite having very strong specs! This is total crap... sorry for the language.

Hi, Kate have china rom features? I'm on oficial dev rom 7.9.15 and it's miui 8 fast, no dnd new mode, no managed apps in security app, no new device information, etc. Thanks

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

there is no china rom for kate, only global rom with the limitations you mention.

Reactions: funtomi
STILL NO FIX FOR THESE ISSUES!!

I'm reporting this as least for the 5th time now.

After the first release of Miui 9 I still encouter many bugs which haven't been solved yet after submitting my issue many times already.

I've reinstalled my phone 3 weeks ago: Full Reset and wiped everything.
Issues with Second Space have been partly solved. When you switch from Miui 8 to Miui 9, Second Space doesn't have access to the First Space. As far as I know, you can't backup Second Space on the same account as your First Space Miui account.
Advise for everyone who wants to switch from Miui 8 and 9, make sure that you don't have Second Space running.

Fixed:
- Can't use Second Space properly. Every shared app will Force Close when you open it.
- You need to pair with every BT device you have after you update the rom (this means connect to every device every week).

Current issues:
- Default mail app: I can't open my hotmail from the screenlock or pull-down menu. The system doesn't react on my action and the message dissapears.
- Default mail app: I can't open all e-mail messages especially the ones from webshops (advertismens and ). It gives me a error message: "e-mail keeps stopping".
- When you switch from Second Space to First Space, Bluetooth connection will be turned off most of the times even when you have turned it on on both spaces. When you switch within a few seconds it will remain on. When you switch after 2-3 minutes, it wil be turned off on the First Space.

What did I do:
- Wiped cache of my mail client
- Re-entered my mail clients
- Did a clean wipe 3 weeks ago
- Updated my phone every week with the latest released
- Reported these problems at least 5 times already
- Switched from Dutch to English

Phone: Mi6
7.9.14 rom

Previous topic:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-7-8.41441/page-35#post-385658
641923b9471760e5787f779852f16b71.jpg
58dfe8c5a8639557c5f8ea2a7e5cb8fa.jpg
Have you tried in english?
Seems like a translation issue...

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

I have massive battery drain with this update. There are a lot of awakes, but it looks like battery info is wrong, as they stop suddenly.

SOT about 1h 40m, Fingerprint disabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-18-20-56-01-238_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-18-20-56-01-238_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Screenshot_2017-09-18-20-53-04-696_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-18-20-53-04-696_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 315
I have massive battery drain with this update. There are a lot of awakes, but it looks like battery info is wrong, as they stop suddenly.

SOT about 1h 40m, Fingerprint disabled.
Have you done factory reset after the update? Is recomended because of the battery

Have you tried in english?
Seems like a translation issue...

Enviado do meu MI 4LTE através de Tapatalk

Yes, I have. It is also mentioned in the post.

@KcNirvana, I've tried it again after a reboot and than the mail problem is gone. That part is a translation issue.

I'm able to read all the e-mails and open them from my lockscreen and pull-down menu.
I'm testing the other stuff throughout the day.

Last edited:
hi guys,
i have a redmi note 3 pro prime global version.
I don't have the search bar for finding app on desktop or a file since my update to miui 9. why this function have disapeared ? it works well in miui 8

This is awesome! Redmi Note 4 MTK series is being treated like the lepre of the xiaomi family! Ok we all know (or we learned the hard way) what kind of arses those at mediatek are, at least I would expect a heads up before buying these damn processors that there won't be any future support for Android 7 and 8 despite having very strong specs! This is total crap... sorry for the language.
Yes this is shyte!!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your work guys.

@ingbrzy when pressing home button on Kenzo, when device was locked the flashlight used to turn on. With the latest rom you released of miui 9 it doesn't work. Instead Google assistant starts behind the lock screen. I'd like to add that Google assistant was already installed when I was on MIUI 8.
I don't know if other people have the same issue.

Thanks a lot for your help and your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.