[ 9.12.12 and later ] [ Mi 9T and others ] Widevine is L3 now...

Just installed it. Everything keeps working fine and no problem for now.
Other users complained about Netflix issue (no screen, only sound) on Mi 9T Pro. Don't know if it's fixed...

EDIT: Can you check the Widevine's API version with "DRM Info" app, is it 14 or 15?

Last edited:
Other users complained about Netflix issue (no screen, only sound) on Mi 9T Pro. Don't know if it's fixed...

EDIT: Can you check the Widevine's API version with "DRM Info" app, is it 14 or 15?

I had that exact problem a few weeks ago, the Widevine level was L1 but I wouldn't get the image to work on streaming apps unless I started recording the screen or casting it to a TV. The issue was "solved" when the Widevine level was downgraded to L3.

And as you can see in the image with your patch L1 is back and the API version is 15.

Reactions: Poney70

Hi Poney70, I can confirm you too that on latest weekly 20.1.16 on my Mi 9T Pro using your patch the Widewine level become L1 and the screen is no more black. I can now see Netflix in FHD and HDR again. As you can see in the screenshot posted by Parpalloto the Fingerprint string shows "Xiaomi/davinciin/davinciin" and not "raphael" but this doen't seem a problem at all. Thanks!

Reactions: Poney70
v1 patch not working on lavender. The netflix becomes L1 in DRM info but when you check in Netflix settings it says L3 and the maximum is 540p in Test patterns. Will it hurt if I try v2 given that my phone isn't a Mi 9T/Pro? Also can I try to extract liboemcrypto.so from the Global stable myself and put it into a zip file? I'm on 20.1.16 btw

v1 patch not working on lavender. The netflix becomes L1 in DRM info but when you check in Netflix settings it says L3 and the maximum is 540p in Test patterns. Will it hurt if I try v2 given that my phone isn't a Mi 9T/Pro? Also can I try to extract liboemcrypto.so from the Global stable myself and put it into a zip file? I'm on 20.1.16 btw
Don't know if it may needs to clear "App Data" of Netflix app after patching.
Yeah you can try "v2" but low chance of success... But for the last question, that's how "v2" patch are made (for Mi 9T/Mi 9T Pro). :)

Hi Poney70, I can confirm you too that on latest weekly 20.1.16 on my Mi 9T Pro using your patch the Widewine level become L1 and the screen is no more black. I can now see Netflix in FHD and HDR again. As you can see in the screenshot posted by Parpalloto the Fingerprint string shows "Xiaomi/davinciin/davinciin" and not "raphael" but this doen't seem a problem at all. Thanks!

Hey bro... i've tried v1 and v2 on my K20 Pro and no one works.
I've tried with TWRP and OrangeFox.
Try mountig vendor, try not mounting vendor, try on root folder, try on download folder... and no success.

Anyone can help me??

K20 Pro with xiaomi.eu 2020.1.16

Hey bro... i've tried v1 and v2 on my K20 Pro and no one works.
I've tried with TWRP and OrangeFox.
Try mountig vendor, try not mounting vendor, try on root folder, try on download folder... and no success.

Anyone can help me??

K20 Pro with xiaomi.eu 2020.1.16
Your device must have stock Widevine L1, otherwise it will not work...
That's why...

I have a Mi 9T Pro device with version 20.1.16 and tried both versions to no avail. Remains with L3. As Parpalloto said our phone shows as K20 Pro and not Mi9T Pro. Could be that?!

Edit: With DRM info shows L1 but within Netflix still shows L3
Edit 2: Reinstall Netflix and now all is good...L1 with sound and image.

Last edited:
But, the Redmi K20 Pro has already been certified with Widevine L1, right? or no?

In notices like this;

They mention that K20 Pro has Widevine L1

And on this video;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A K20 Pro with Indian Rom with L1

There's no chance to make a patch for the K20 Pro?

But, the Redmi K20 Pro has already been certified with Widevine L1, right? or no?

In notices like this;

They mention that K20 Pro has Widevine L1

And on this video;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A K20 Pro with Indian Rom with L1

There's no chance to make a patch for the K20 Pro?
You have an Indian K20 Pro device or not? I can't make magic and create a Widevine certification...

You have an Indian K20 Pro device or not? I can't make magic and create a Widevine certification...

Well, I'm not demanding anything from you, I know that you who develop this type of patch don't get anything for it, so that's why I have no right to be demanding anything from you.

In this case, I was just commenting on things I saw here.

Only in the video it is possible to see that it is the Indian variation, in the other links the K20 Pro is mentioned (which, with that name, I believe must be the Chinese variant, because in the rest of the world it is called the Mi 9T Pro)

But following that kind of response from you, I prefer to keep my L3.

But no problem, my mistake, thanks for attention!