[ 9.12.12 and later ] [ Mi 9T and others ] Widevine is L3 now...

thanks man, it works fine for me. For who need i' m on mi9 ( cepheus/Miuimix, 20.1.16). I flashed only the v1 file, the last one on the list.

Hello I have MI 9 SE - xiaomi.eu weekly Android Q.
My widevine L3.
I install V1 patch it work now my widevine L1!

Thanks

Hi guys, a question if someone can help me please,

I flashed on Mi9 pro 5G rom 20.3.26 dirty flash and added v1 patch but still my widevine l3.

Basically,my Mi9 pro 5G has only Chinese rom,no global rom available.

Is there anyway to have widevine L1 ??

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Hi guys, a question if someone can help me please,

I flashed on Mi9 pro 5G rom 20.3.26 dirty flash and added v1 patch but still my widevine l3.

Basically,my Mi9 pro 5G has only Chinese rom,no global rom available.

Is there anyway to have widevine L1 ??

No

Thanks for replying, but may i ask why some other xiaomi devices intially they dont have widevine L1 and they got it, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again

It's very rare to get Widevine L1 if the device is not "factory certified" by manufacturer.
Looks like Xiaomi doesn't add Widevine L1 for devices made more specifically for the chinese market.
Why? "Money" is the answer I think... ^^

Reactions: Aladdin123
Thanks for replying, but may i ask why some other xiaomi devices intially they dont have widevine L1 and they got it, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again

Hi,

what you can try is to download the fastboot ROM of your smartphone, copy the vendor.img from this fastboot ROM. Which you can then install on Linux using the command

simg2img vendor.img v.img

for convert.

With this you can mount or extract them or something similar. Then search in the folders "lib" and "lib64" for "liboemcryptpo.so".

Copy these files out. Under TWRP you mount the vendor partition, as a next step you copy the respective file into where you had copied it out.

All this requires that your smartphone is basically factory-equipped with an L1 certification.

Greetings

Last edited:
Reactions: Aladdin123
Hi,

what you can try is to download the fastboot ROM of your smartphone, copy the vendor.img from this fastboot ROM. Which you can then install on Linux using the command

simg2img vendor.img from img

for convert.

With this you can mount or extract them or something similar. Then search in the folders "lib" and "lib64" for "liboemcryptpo.so".

Copy these files out. Under TWRP you mount the vendor partition, as a next step you copy the respective file into where you had copied it out.

All this requires that your smartphone is basically factory-equipped with an L1 certification.

Greetings
Thank u so much for helping me, exactly from what u end , I'm gonna start, i dunno basically if my Mi9 pro 5G have the certificate intially or not.

And for this Device ,it has a very limited info and support also.

Is there anyway to check if my device have l1 certificate originally before i start all this job ?

Also AR ( augmented reality) service , the device supported but I can't get it work with AR Core.

Thanks a million for helping me again , appreciated.

Regards.

can you update the file to make it work on latest miui 12 beta, as my k20 pro hast l3 in latest beta.

can you update the file to make it work on latest miui 12 beta, as my k20 pro hast l3 in latest beta.
If you have a K20 Pro device, you don't have Widevine L1 certification in persist partition...
Don't know how to bypass that, sorry. ;)

If you have a K20 Pro device, you don't have Widevine L1 certification in persist partition...
Don't know how to bypass that, sorry. ;)
Im using the latest miui 12 eu beta. Will it work if i flash a persist.img from the global variant. When i first bought the device, it was a the chinese variant with global rom. Now im in eu miui 12

Im using the latest miui 12 eu beta. Will it work if i flash a persist.img from the global variant. When i first bought the device, it was a the chinese variant with global rom. Now im in eu miui 12
Nope, it will never work...
I have a Mi 9T device and I broke my Widevine L1 certification, even flashing a "good" backup of my persist partition doesn't recover the Widevine certification... :(

Reactions: zuhero
Nope, it will never work...
I have a Mi 9T device and I broke my Widevine L1 certification, even flashing a "good" backup of my persist partition doesn't recover the Widevine certification... :(
So sad :( But thanks for answering my doubts. So my widevine L1 is gone like her :(

Hi,

simg2img vendor.img v.img

for convert.

Greetings
Tried with v11.0.5.0 global and didn't work.
Also i don't have original persist.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"v1" patch should work for every xiaomi/redmi devices with stock Widevine L1, just try it. ^^

Hi, after installing MIUI 11 EU Rom 20.3.26 on my Xiaomi Mi6, Widevine Level turns from L1 to L3. Like you wrote in this post I tried the Patch V1 to make it run, but it is still on L3.

What can i do else??

thx and greets
moses

Nothing, it is not possible to restore L1
You lose it for ever.

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Sad
Reactions: Sablegod
okay, s**t happens... and flashing to Miui12 weekly? May I get it back in this way?
Don't know why you lose Widevine L1...
If it's only a ROM related issue, you should wait/ask for feedbacks from other Mi 6 users.
You permanently lose Widevine L1 if you flash anything on the "persist" partition. ;)

Don't know why you lose Widevine L1...
If it's only a ROM related issue, you should wait/ask for feedbacks from other Mi 6 users.
You permanently lose Widevine L1 if you flash anything on the "persist" partition. ;)
Hi, okay thx, but I don't know if I had done. I only flashed the EURom via twrp. Can I control the persist partition?