Bricked Phone. Tried A Lot Of Stuff But Couldn't Fix It. Help Please :(

Risuno

Members
Mar 12, 2017
Ok, I could imagine this is a tough one:

I had problems with my GPS, so I wanted to get root access.
Contacted Xiaomi to unlock my phone: worked fine.
Next up to get it rooted, I installed a fresh version of the TWRP recovery, since the old one for some reason disappeared after I installed the Beta ROM via update app (if I recall correctly).

TWRP was working again and the phone launched, yay.
But, new problem: my SIM card wasn't detected anymore.
I thought this might be a malfunction of the ROM, so I flashed the official stable ROM for the Mi4C.
Now the phone didn't launch at all and was stuck in the "MI" bootscreen.
The recovery mode still worked though.

Now this is where, I believe, my mistake happened:
I then somewhere read, that this is because the wrong TWRP version was installed, so I installed a different one (twrp-3.0.2-0-libra.img)
After installing that, I realized that I installed a TWRP for a 5.1 Android system, but the ROM was 7.0 from what I have understood...
-----------
What I tried so far:
- Booting into recovery: doesn't work anymore. The only thing I can boot into is the Fastboot.
- Using the MiFlash Tool (and this guide: xiaomitips[dot]com/guide/fastboot-bootloop-hardbrick-softbrick/)
The Flash Tool doesn't recognize my phone, and apparently it is locked again!
My PC still recognizes the phone though: "fastboot devices -> fe6d8da7 fastboot"
- tried to boot into .edl (is that right? can't find the guide anymore) mode by pressing Vol "+" & "-" simultaneously while powering up and before plugging it in. Didn't work and sent me into Fastboot.

Also, I can't turn off the phone anymore.
Holding only the power button results in the phone rebooting back into the "MI" bootscreen (where it is stuck...).

Thanks for any kind of help!
If you need any more information please tell me and I will post it asap!

Tried to send comand from cmd when the phone is conected on pc in fastboot mode?
fastboot oem edl
You phone must showing in MiFlash when is in edl mode(download mode)
Also install qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 driver
Maybe your phone have unlocked bootloade and you can push from cmd the right twrp. Check bootloader status by comand:
fastboot oem device-info
if is unlocked bootloader status must be: true

Last edited:
Ok, MiFlash recognized my phone after sending the cmd via console.
I now tried to install the Fastboot ROM, but got the following error:
i[dot]imgur[dot]com/Lkdqt3J.jpg

Sorry for posting it like this.
But I can't post links yet and the image upload doesn't work for some reason.

Reactions: vladpaul
dear brother, download libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn_b09dac70a0.tgz - unpack until "images" directory is visible! , will show fastboot rom image like this libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn and after this in MiFlash select on Browse and flash that unpacked rom image libra_images_6.1.7_20151221.0000.11_5.1_cn. After this pres Flash button from MiFlash

Last edited:
After flash is finished 100% keep press for 8-10 seconds the power button and your phone will boot on new rom

Thanks a lot!
I'm currently downloading the libra_images... file.
I'll let you know asap when I tried it.

I'm currently setting up MIUI again. Worked like a charm!
Big thank you! :)

Let's just hope GPS works again too

Nice to read this. Enjoy!
i got the same thing but after trying to update to android 7, what can i do ? mi flash can not see my device and misuite only sees it for a couple of seconds, how can i make them see my device through fastboot ? when i type fastboot oem device-info i get device tampered:false, d. unlocked:false, d, critical unlocked: false, charger screen enabled: true. can you please help me ?

en*miui*com/thread-398813-1-1.html

you're welcome. you might try to flash from EDL and see it trough.. flash OK, if that's the case, just hold power button 10-15 seconds to exit EDL and boot normally.. (leave it at MI logo for 20mins . if more, repeat or try fastboot method)
replace * with . (can't post links yet)

EDL doesn't care if locked or unlocked, just flash original mi image and go from there..

and before fastboot flash bootloader.. try fastboot boot *.img to see if it boots and works on your phone.

Personal preference.. if you can live with lack of features, use latest miui 7 (dev). works best so far with this phone.

Last edited:
you are a genius i thought my phone had gone forever, after trawling the internet for symptoms like mine and came across this thread. i followed it along with installing a beta version of mi flash as it was not recognizing my phone but did in fast boot mode, anyway got back from the dead and I'm happy thanks a lot.