change operator name without tinkering with spn-conf

triple-oh

Members
Dec 14, 2013
Hello everyone,

Before I updated to latest release of rom I was able to set te operator name somewhere in the settings.
What i did was leave them blank to hide them altogether because notification icons were not visible with two operator names on taskbar. Now i can't find that option anywhere. either it was removed or i'm still looking at wrong places. I remember it was in the same section as a "have clock in the center of taskbar" option.

That would be a cool option to have, especially for those of us with long operator names.

Sent from my MI 2SC

It's not something cool "to have" it's something cool that was already there. I just can't find it anymore. :-(

Yes it is here. I downgraded to find it. in the last stable release for hongmi wcdma 3.11.29
In the status bar settings at the bottom. there is a "statusbar style settings" with centered clock, customize carrier label options.

Really now.. I spent almost an hour in total today looking through everything in settings. It's gone in the latest release

Last edited:
Hmm that setting must be exclusive to the hongmi. Never saw that on any of my devices.

Sent from my MI 2SC

There's a apk called miui spn config that can change the carrier name.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

I just tried spn config, and there's one big problem... I don't know what to write in place of the carrier name. I wish you could just hide the name all together.

Sent from my MI 2SC

@mephistozap: this application really just modifies the spn conf file and that changes only one operator name. The second sim name is still there.
EDIT: I was wrong. It doesn't do anything to the spn-conf file at all.

@_jordan_: just put a space (spacebar) in there and it will be empty

I realized that my original question was already answered. The option is no longer there. Should I make this thread into a request? To somehow get it back.

Last edited:
I just tried spn config, and there's one big problem... I don't know what to write in place of the carrier name. I wish you could just hide the name all together.

Sent from my MI 2SC
Try using just a space

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

That worked, but now there is a weird space that makes the icons not line up.

What I don't understand is why you can't hide this with a built in settings option.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S