Differences With The Miui.com Global Roms

_Sal_

Members
Oct 20, 2016
I have an Mi4c with the xiaomi.eu MIUI 8.6 7.6.22 ROM and today i just turned on a RedMi 4x with the miui.com Global MIUI V8.2.10.0 ROM and i was really surprised on how good google apps are integrated. Let me list some differences.

Google Now
RedMi4x - is already active on long press of home button
Mi4c - to be activated manually and after doing optimization from security app, often I need to activate it again
Ok Google
RedMi4x - simple to activate, just register 3 times your voice and it works
Mi4c - always had problems. Sometimes it gets activated from google now settings and sometimes from system configuration default apps. Often it gets cleaned out when i do a security app optimization so I need to reactivate it.
Google Allo and Duo
RedMi4x - only need to be installed and they work like they should
Mi4c - after installation, they need to have permissions setup manually, battery saving turned off and autostart set to on, or they will not notify incoming calls

I also have Google Gmail, Hangouts and Messenger in Autostart and Battery saving off for the same reason of Allo and Duo.
Why are there these difference? Maybe because xiaomi.eu is just adding languages to the miui.com China version? Why not take a look at how the miui.com Globals are done and give the same settings to all xiaomi.eu roms? I got really upset when i saw that miui.com Global ROMs have better gApps integration than the xiaomi.eu ROMs. Is there any hope to have the same gApps integration?

How did you make Google now work? I tried everything but when I long press the home button, nothing happens.

How did you make Google now work? I tried everything but when I long press the home button, nothing happens.
find the google App (the app with the google home icon, the wrong one) in the installed apps and then clean its cache. Then in the Play Store App, go to installed apps, find google app and run it. Go to its setup up and set everything like it should (follow some tutorials if you don't know what to set up), at the end, you have to enable it in settings. Settings- Additional Settings - Buttons - Home - Launch Google Now
Try it and hope you get it. Its more to be lucky than techie with this rom version.

I have an Mi4c with the xiaomi.eu MIUI 8.6 7.6.22 ROM and today i just turned on a RedMi 4x with the miui.com Global MIUI V8.2.10.0 ROM and i was really surprised on how good google apps are integrated. Let me list some differences.

Google Now
RedMi4x - is already active on long press of home button
Mi4c - to be activated manually and after doing optimization from security app, often I need to activate it again
Ok Google
RedMi4x - simple to activate, just register 3 times your voice and it works
Mi4c - always had problems. Sometimes it gets activated from google now settings and sometimes from system configuration default apps. Often it gets cleaned out when i do a security app optimization so I need to reactivate it.
Google Allo and Duo
RedMi4x - only need to be installed and they work like they should
Mi4c - after installation, they need to have permissions setup manually, battery saving turned off and autostart set to on, or they will not notify incoming calls

I also have Google Gmail, Hangouts and Messenger in Autostart and Battery saving off for the same reason of Allo and Duo.
Why are there these difference? Maybe because xiaomi.eu is just adding languages to the miui.com China version? Why not take a look at how the miui.com Globals are done and give the same settings to all xiaomi.eu roms? I got really upset when i saw that miui.com Global ROMs have better gApps integration than the xiaomi.eu ROMs. Is there any hope to have the same gApps integration?
Well.. Google app and Duo are system apps in the Global ROMs.. thats a difference.. but we dont like to force users have them preinstalled.. Thats a difference..

Well.. Google app and Duo are system apps in the Global ROMs.. thats a difference.. but we dont like to force users have them preinstalled.. Thats a difference..

I think that the global version also has some preconfiguration for other google apps. On the RedMi4x with miui.com Global rom, I didn't find Google Allo installed, so I went to the google play store and installed it. After that, being used of doing it on my Mi4c with xiaomi.eu rom, I went to the autostart apps and suprised, I saw that it was already listed. Then I went to the permissions and I found checked the right options. Also, the battery saving was on like all other apps and the app was notifying for incoming calls correctly. On my Mi4c with xiaoimi.eu rom, I have to disable battery saving or the process will be stopped after a period of time and so it will stop to notify incoming calls. I'm not asking for preinstalled google apps that many wont use or don't want, but at least the same preconfiguration of the miui.com global rom would be appreciated. Ah, and I forgot, what about Google now or Ok google? Why does it work correctly on miui.com Global rom just registering three times your voice, while on my mi4c with xiaomi.eu rom it often loses configuration when I optimize system with the security app? I think that the best thing to do is at least to take a look on how miui.com has insterted globalization and google apps in their releases and copy it.