English Pack #2 Update for 0.11.5 (N1 / DESIRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi all,

Download here: http://bit.ly/d6ACaa

Please download the latest Pack 2, this includes fixes for:

- Dialler typo (now says: Dialer)
- Framework-res screen lock and lock layout font size issues reduced thanks to sampson for this.
- build.prop re-worked with the correct dalvik heapsize of 32m (Thanks to cocchiararo for the heads up) This should fix Launcher2 FC's
- Some other minor tweaks.

Flash straight over the top of the other pack #1 and you'll be good to go. Let me know if the Launcher FCs go away with this release as well please.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Re: English Pack #2 Update for 0.11.5 (N1 / DESIRE)

t0ph0id said:
Mark the download doesn't seem to be working?

Dl works fine for me thanks for the updated pack!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Strange, when I click the link it takes me to a blank screen.

Could somewhere mirror it elsewhere?

t0ph0id said:
Strange, when I click the link it takes me to a blank screen.

Could somewhere mirror it elsewhere?

I will in just a min.

Thanks for the new site, Good Luck :D

Been piddling with some other roms waiting for this.

Have .29 nandroid now

Will flash .5 and pack 2 and get gapps stuff from Market or I have latest on sdcard

Haven't kept up lately on ALL the MIUI pages, did see some falshed right over .29 no problems

I always do a full wipe or at least caches. Any recommendations from your experience on .29 to .5 pack 2

Ken

Just do a straight flash of the deodexed rom then the pack2 that's all you need to do.

Any problems can be solved so let me know if there's any issues.

Cheers,

Mark

markhuk said:
Just do a straight flash of the deodexed rom then the pack2 that's all you need to do.

Any problems can be solved so let me know if there's any issues.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I will give it a shot tonite or Tue nite, right over .29

Will post on results, I preach wipes, but it does get time consuming when you play with 3 or 4 of them

Really like the MIUI rom

I'll have to back to the "OLD" thread and get the exact steps on fixing timezone. Just glanced over that.

Ken

bcnice20 said:
http://db.tt/nKgf9Nb

Mirror for Eng. Pack 2

Cheers.

Mark,

I flashed .5 and eng pack over .29 no issues

Forgot how smooth this rom is and BW Weather works great. Only thing I missed from sense roms

Q? Where does it show I have .5 installed. About phone says FRG83 .29 showed .29 in About phone

And reading a2sd FAQ on MIUI OP talks about a terminal command:

$ su
# /system/xbin/startapps2ext
# reboot

To move apps to sd, does that work for MIUI or is it manual since this is Froyo based. I have 93mb free so it may not matter

Thanks a lot :)

Testing it now :D
-------------------------------
Edit: New English Pack working fine. No more FC on Launcher :D Bravo!

Reactions: hvung1982
hey flashed the update when it first came out and just noticed that when people send me txt the time stamp its wrong but when i send them its fine not a big deal just letting you guys know thanks for your hard work

Matt

rugmankc said:
Mark,

I flashed .5 and eng pack over .29 no issues

Forgot how smooth this rom is and BW Weather works great. Only thing I missed from sense roms

Q? Where does it show I have .5 installed. About phone says FRG83 .29 showed .29 in About phone

And reading a2sd FAQ on MIUI OP talks about a terminal command:

$ su
# /system/xbin/startapps2ext
# reboot

To move apps to sd, does that work for MIUI or is it manual since this is Froyo based. I have 93mb free so it may not matter

totaly off topic here...

but:

1) MIUI has support for froyo apps2sd, and also comes with darktremos a2sd preinstalled, so the commands are a2sd "something" (maybe the one you mentioned is some customization or symlink they made).
2) if you have an ext partition, you get you APKs automatically installed in it, if it was there when you installed the rom.
3) moving dalvik cache requires the a2sd commands to be used manually.

Mark,

Thanks. :D I kinda realized the off topic part after I posted. Just got caught up in replies.

I got it figured out and the rom has zero issues atm

Any other Q's on MIUI I'll put in Q&A

Just to make sure, this is for all users not just dev's

Ken

Sorry if I post here (it should be in Italian Translation thread) but in this way maybe somebody will read me. I need for blank drawables (in particular the Mms green "send" button), somebody can provide it ?
Thanks in advance.

Mish said:
Sorry if I post here (it should be in Italian Translation thread) but in this way maybe somebody will read me. I need for blank drawables (in particular the Mms green "send" button), somebody can provide it ?
Thanks in advance.

Do you have photoshop Mish? if so I can send you a layered file for it.

markhuk said:
Mish said:
Thanks in advance.

Do you have photoshop Mish? if so I can send you a layered file for it.

Oh thanks Mark, you saved my ass (can we say "ass" here ?) ! I tried to edit drawables with photoshop but they seem to have some kind of f..ing shadow or other effects and it doesn't work fine.

Hey Guys,

I used the ROM that all in one,Miui -11.05 English Full Rom - so I only had to flash once.

Just wondering If it is OK to flash this update Pack#2??

Thanks,

Gezza.

Hey gezza,

Welcome aboard!

I had the all in one .29 and flashed 11.05 and pack 2 right over with no wipe per Mark, zero issues.

What I am not up on is why if you have 11.05 and eng pack do you need #2, are there improvements?

Otherwise, i would not see an issue. Someone may correct me.

Ken

Hey Guys,

I will explain in more detail.

I downloaded a Rom that was one download - 11.05 English Complete.
So I didn't have or install the English pack #1 as it was already included in the Rom I had.

So would I be OK to flash English Pack#2 over this Rom??

There are some new fixes on the Pk #2, that I would like to see how they perform.

Thanks,

Gezza.

Status
Not open for further replies.