Global Rom Notification Style Port For Xiaomi.eu / China Rom ( Developer & Stable )

Soebianto, Is there any chance that the port will work on mi6, android 8 dev?

As of now, I'm not sure, same trick that works on Android 7 does not work on Android 8, and i can't experiment it myself, mi max 2 is still Android 7 although it was released the same time as mi6 and mix2 :(

Xiaomi is so picky

Is 7.10.19 the latest version on Android 7?

Will try to upload it tomorrow for you if I can find the link to Global Dev ROM.
I don't think is the latest. Actually i'm not sure whether 7.10.19 global dev has new notification style or not. I found global dev link in miui.com but i don't know if i can post the link here

I don't think is the latest. Actually i'm not sure whether 7.10.19 global dev has new notification style or not. I found global dev link in miui.com but i don't know if i can post the link here

It's ok, found it.

New notification on Global Dev ROM started with 7.11.23, but Mi6 ROM was suspended (many others also suspended).

Next Global ROM was 7.12.1 and the latest Android 7 Dev ROM for Mi6 is 7.12.8, so I think it's better to port this latest version since it should be smoother compare to 1st release (new notification shade matter), flashing newer MiuiSystemUI on older weekly rom works fine (tried that a few times myself).

Edit :
@ulisse, HZQ_MiuiSystemUI_MI6Global_7.12.8.zip is ready (folder : 7.12.8 - Mi6_MiMix2_Android 7.x)
HZQ_MiuiSystemUI_MIMIX2Global_7.12.8.zip is ready (folder : 7.12.8 - Mi6_MiMix2_Android 7.x)

Don't forget to download the Uninstaller.

Edit (again) :
Turned out the latest Android 7 version for Mi 6 and Mi Mix 2 is 7.12.21...

Last edited:
Video recording doesn't work. I'm not sure is it because of this patch or was it already there. I use 8.1.25 btw. Mi5

Video recording doesn't work. I'm not sure is it because of this patch or was it already there. I use 8.1.25 btw. Mi5

Shouldn't have anything to do with video recording, but to be sure, flash the uninstaller to make sure.

Shouldn't have anything to do with video recording, but to be sure, flash the uninstaller to make sure.
Uninstalled and reinstalled again. No problem. But found another bug. Music player doesn't stop without clearing data

I assume you talk about the player controls in the notification drawer and not the playing of music per se.

In which case it never did for me, on any Android device as long as I remember myself using one. From Nexus One on stock Android, to Moto E on Cyanogen/Lineage to my actual Note 5A on MIUI.

Worst case scenario - you just swipe the notification away if you're done with the player. What's the big deal?

I don't have any problem with music app, both on the music app itself or controlling it in the notification area.

Last edited:
I don't either. It might be another lost in translation situation.

I'm just guessing now, but could it be that the player app in still running in the background after he swips the notification away?
And a force stop doesn't work because the notification somehow remains in cache, thus keeping the app active?
Exactly. It keeps playing on the background.

Exactly. It keeps playing on the background.

On Mi Max 2 with xiaomi.eu 8.2.1 + Global MiuiSystemUI port, while music is playing, press home button, the music will keep playing in the background, and music app notif appear in the status bar, I can not swipe it away in the status bar unless I stop the music playing 1st there.

I think this is the correct behavior, does it?

Somehow I feel that Mi Max 2 is the less trouble device compare to other devices with the same ROM version, I remember the double and disappearing notif bugs was fixed in Mi Max 2 first, one week ahead of other devices.

Last edited:
This. Only Note 5A.
I already said that this is the same thing I saw on any Android phone I ever had.

You press pause, then you swipe the notification away.
If I press back button twice it goes to background. And there is no way to swipe it from notification area. If I press and hold menu button shows running apps and swipe up there doesn't work. Even if swipe it up it continues playing. Only way to stop it is holding menu button and clearing cache.

Don't get me wrong please. When I said press button I don't mean fingerprint. I mean the opposite of back button. It is menu button, isn't it?

You have to pause/stop it first.
It's always been like this.

Unless I (we) don't get it right, just film it and show your problem.
I don't see anything wrong in what you are describing.

Here, I filmed how it works for me
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I launched the music app. I pressed play on a song. I pressed back to push the app to background. I tried to swipe it while the song was playing, it didn't work. I opened recent apps and deleted it from there, the music is still playing. I tried to swipe it again from notification with music playing, it still didn't close. I paused the music then I sucessfully swiped it away.

I cannot stress this enough - this is how it always was on every single Android phone I ever had.
I think this a global (or stock Android) behaviour and you are used to something else.

I also filmed the same behaviour on my old Moto E with LineageOS 14
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You are so kind. Thank you :)

Reactions: Soebianto