HyperOS 1.0 HyperOS 1.0 STABLE RELEASE

Latest update installed on houji, seems snappy!

Unfortunately some apps don't work, I open, 1 sec later they close.

For example Google maps.

Could someone check, because it might be just my device?
dirty or clean flash=?, i recently flash latest, no problems so far

Reactions: Bamn09
Try entering these commands in fastboot.
Code:
adb shell pm compile -a -f --full
adb shell reboot
Thank you!
That did the trick! (not in fastboot though, as you know)

Isn't this process normally always triggered by flashing an update?
Some apps did show failed but are working again nevertheless.

Thanks!

Now if we could only get rid of the secret swap!

I think I magically found the source of my battery drain problem and its fix. I curious because the device is hot and even the UI cannot run in 120Hz. This is a typical symptom of a swap in action. So I check my Memory Extension config and indeed it was Off. BUT, opening Termux and executing `free` shows that 8GB is allocated AND used. Thankfully I have root, so I simply `cat /proc/swaps` to see the allocated swap file, then `swapoff <that swap file>`. Animation smoothness instantly returns and the heat goes away. Been 4 hours and the battery drain is not crazy anymore. Feel free to try on your device.
Actually the extended memory setting is not functioning at all, I've tried all options, but terminal shows a +-8gb swap file on each.

Not sure if the right comment, but:
Swapoff /dev/block/zram0
Also doesn't work, or at least doesn't survive a reboot.

Edit: the command does seem to work, but a reboot, for me, activates a +-8gb swap again.

For now I'll let tasker run te command after every reboot.
Swap should not be necessary on this powerful device.

Last edited:
Seriously, how can I fix this enlarged background in toast notifications? It's kinda annoying tbh. Editing SysyemUI app is needed, I guess.

Any hints on how to fix? Like the correct values for padding/margin/dimensions? Something?
1000016789.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warmouse
Bye,
I also have ROOT would you have the patience and the will to explain to me step by step what I have to do? Thank you.
Same issue here (on houji), just don't understand how to disable?

What is "that swap file"?
Termux output is not showing a number or something, just swap:

Many thanks for finding this issue, I was annoyed not being able to find the drain!
Hello,
what command did you use to free the memory/swap?
Bear as this requires some convinient in using terminal commands, both executing and understanding.

1. Obviously you need Termux AND root, the latter is NOT optional.
2. Enter root by executing `su`
3. Execute `cat /proc/swaps` to take note what device is allocated for it, typically /dev/block/zram0 but I won't guarantee
4. Execute `swapoff <that device, yes, it is /dev/block/zram0 if ours is the same>

Done. Enjoy your swap-free experience.
Swapoff /dev/block/zram0
Also doesn't work, or at least doesn't survive a reboot.

Edit: the command does seem to work, but a reboot, for me, activates a +-8gb swap again.

For now I'll let tasker run te command after every reboot.
Swap should not be necessary on this powerful device.
Indeed it won't survive a reboot, that's why I seldom reboot. If tasker can execute that as a root, feel free to do so. There could be differences from Linux, but my guess the mapping should be somewhere equivalent to /etc/fstab, just need to search for it.

Bear as this requires some convinient in using terminal commands, both executing and understanding.

3. Execute `cat /proc/swaps` to take note what device is allocated for it, typically /dev/block/zram0 but I won't guarantee
4. Execute `swapoff <that device, yes, it is /dev/block/zram0 if ours is the same>

Indeed it won't survive a reboot, that's why I seldom reboot. If tasker can execute that as a root, feel free to do so. There could be differences from Linux, but my guess the mapping should be somewhere equivalent to /etc/fstab, just need to search for it.
Tasker excuting the command at boot (after 10 sec wait to give the system some time) works perfectly!

Reactions: stathis95194

jarnsaxa

Reactions: jarnsaxa
I think I magically found the source of my battery drain problem and its fix. I curious because the device is hot and even the UI cannot run in 120Hz. This is a typical symptom of a swap in action. So I check my Memory Extension config and indeed it was Off. BUT, opening Termux and executing `free` shows that 8GB is allocated AND used. Thankfully I have root, so I simply `cat /proc/swaps` to see the allocated swap file, then `swapoff `. Animation smoothness instantly returns and the heat goes away. Been 4 hours and the battery drain is not crazy anymore. Feel free to try on your device.
Working like a charm with tasker running it on boot.
Pretty stupid bug on Xiaomi's part as phone has been slugginsh for the past 5-6 weeklies.

That's a great find my friend, thanks a lot!!

Sent from my 2210132G using Tapatalk

I can't use an option on my banking app, send money to phone number (paylib)
I have delete play integrity fix and restart, install your app xiaomi eu module, but always same error

Any ideas please?

Tried this on Redmi Note 13, apparently it had 6GB zram enabled for some reason.

ZRAM and SWAP are not the same it seems: https://xdaforums.com/t/zram-vs-swap.1851991/

Last edited:
This morning, I have enabled all these features via adb commands/KernelSU modules, just to prove a point.

adb command:
Code:
settings put system deviceLevelList v:1,c:3,g:3
modules: Hyper Helper, HyperCeiler, AOD Mod, HyperOS Launcher mod

AOD transition to lockscreen.
Magazine lockscreen.
Recents/folders/control center/launcher blur
Icon/opening animations

Needless to say that it's NOT RECOMMENDED as it will SEVERILY affect battery consumption and performance, in general.
Only 14 hours on standby, versus almost 40 hours without enabling "eye-candy".
So if you (like me) have a Redmi Note 13 (Sapphire/n), please, give up on those "features" THEY WON'T COME IN A FUTURE UPDATE, DON'T TRY TO ENABLE THEM. It's not worth it.

In my country it's hard to get a NEW phone, even harder a Xiaomi 14, I mean, I can pay rent, bills and even some supplies for a month with all that money... But, whatever, I'm here just to say, don't enable those features, don't think it's a bug, you did nothing wrong (except buying a budget Xiaomi phone lol).

And I'm not complaining, I'm not blaming anyone here, maybe 小米集团 a little bit, why not. Not a nice marketing strategy.
lol it took me 2 years to get my first ever ultra device

yep a 2021 mi 11 ultra so I absolutely understand your point of view

I have a stupid question to ask, so please don't bite

is there an adb code to re-fresh or recalibrate battery life on an Android device, the battery drain on my mi 11 ultra is driving me insane

it could be on the charger the whole day, but the moment I pull it out and use it for roughly 5-10 minutes, it drops to 98% in fact my SOT is usually 5 hours on just surfing the net till I hit 0%, gaming is usually 2hrs or less.

Is there also a way to check the battery's functional lifespan and capacity without sing the accubattery app

then question no 2, is there an EU rom for Xiaomi or redmi pads, I am planning on getting a cheap pad and would like to install the EU rom so I can utilize the interconnectivity option of mirroring my device on the pad.

thank you

Last edited:
I have a stupid question to ask, so please don't bite

is there an adb code to re-fresh or recalibrate battery life on an Android device, the battery drain on my mi 11 ultra is driving me insane

it could be on the charger the whole day, but the moment I pull it out and use it for roughly 5-10 minutes, it drops to 98% in fact my SOT is usually 5 hours on just surfing the net till I hit 0%, gaming is usually 2hrs or less.

Is there also a way to check the battery's functional lifespan and capacity without sing the accubattery app

then question no 2, is there an EU rom for Xiaomi or redmi pads, I am planning on getting a cheap pad and would like to install the EU rom so I can utilize the interconnectivity option of mirroring my device on the pad.

thank you
You're not alone with battery drain, but 5h of SOT it's not much

@Leo Leo There is no Xiaomi.eu ROM for recent tablets, and interconnectivity does not seem to work :

The phone feels snappy af now or is it placebo? Anyway, i like it.
Be sure it is not placebo. Even if you have UFS 4.0 which runs like NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 at 3GBps speed (e.g. Snapdragon 8 gen 2), LPDDR5X RAM there runs at 33.6GBps, 11 times faster.

Reactions: Spill
Be sure it is not placebo. Even if you have UFS 4.0 which runs like NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 at 3GBps speed (e.g. Snapdragon 8 gen 2), LPDDR5X RAM there runs at 33.6GBps, 11 times faster.
Maybe speed is placebo, although I doubt it.
But battery life has certainly improved!

I still think it was better before, 2 builds back, but last couple weeks it was really bad, and disabling swap seems to really help!

Hello everyone!

I own a Redmi K70 Pro (Manet), after installation still I'll have the call recording option active? It is an option that I really need in my work. I also use two sims; will it be possible after installation?

Maybe speed is placebo, although I doubt it.
But battery life has certainly improved!

I still think it was better before, 2 builds back, but last couple weeks it was really bad, and disabling swap seems to really help!
Yes, I still notice my device hardly ever sleeps. The Awake bar does not follow Screen on, which means there are too many things working in the background when the phone is not in use.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-12-16-05-35-733_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-12-16-05-35-733_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I still notice my device hardly ever sleeps. The Awake bar does not follow Screen on, which means there are too many things working in the background when the phone is not in use.

But do you think it is bug that will be fixed or should we keep the phone as it is?