Mi2s Randomly Shuts Down.

Xiaomilantink

Members
Jul 13, 2016
Hi guys,

Since one month my Xiaomi Mi2s keeps shutting down. First, it only shut down at a battery level <10%. Then it shut down when only using apps, like camera. Now it shuts down immediately after booting.

I thought it was a battery problem so I ordered a new battery, but that didn't solve the problem. Actually, it became worse. Also, I tried a factory reset, but that didn't helped either.

Can this be a hardware problem or a software problem?
I'm using Miui 5.9.2 Beta. I tried to update Miui, but that also doesn't work.

I really appreciate if someone has a tip to solve this problem!

Thank you!

Richard

if u made a clean rom install I think its, by process of elimination, a hardware issue.

have u tried also to install the lasted rom via fastboot ?

Reactions: Xiaomilantink
Thanks for you reply!

Since installing via the updater app didn't work, I also tried installing via fastboot, but that didn't work either. It said: "Can't update". Maybe if there's a solution to install a clean ROM, the problem will be solved. If not, it is indeed a hardware issue.

Any tips for installing a clean ROM?

yes, my tip is to read these mi2s forum-pages, there are more step-by-step explications, especially topics started around November 2015, when Xiaomi merged the partitions.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

You need MiFlash to install a fastboot ROM. You can directly read a tutorial from the miui oficial forum to install the last fastboot.

if u havent merged partitions yet, u should install a previous fastboot i think in order to merged them first. As rendolf said, there are a lot of post with step-by-step explanation and easy to understand them

hope u can resurrect it

did you give 'sudo fastboot' (etc) , or just fastboot?

Edit:
I executed MiFlash in Windows XP SP2 compatible mode and it worked.
It is now flashing. I would let you now if this resolved the problem!

Thanks again for your replies!

I just tried to install a fastboot ROM, but MiFlash doesn't recognize my phone. I can browse in my data, so the connection shouldn't be the problem I think.

Last edited:
I succesfully updated my phone to the latest Miui version, but unfortunately I didn't solve the problem :(
After 5 minutes it crashed and my new battery would not charge. It gives a red LED. (not blinking)

have you tried different cables / adapters? perhaps it's a contact issue, try carefully sanding the contact points with fine paper.

Yes it is charging now. I discovered a new thing:
As long as my phone is connected and charging there is no problem, but when I unplug my device it is going bad.
And yet, a new battery doesn't fix the problem. Maybe it is a hardware thing ..

maybe a huge leak of energy somewhere.. if u have a trustworthy tech take it to him to have a look

Today I disassembled my device. I found nothing special that could explain the problem.
My theory is that the hardware which is responsible for regulating power from the battery is broken. I think the power from the adapter is regulated by another circuit or something.

Anyone have another theory or more tips? Otherwise, I have some Xiaomi MI2s spareparts for sale :p

I think I will buy a new phone. I think it's disappointing that there are no more phones available with a screen size of <5,0 inch.
Which device should I buy? Redmi 3 pro or Mi4s? I heard that the 4G coverage in Europe is quite poor. Any of you experienced this?

Thanks for all the input!

I had the same problem : your phone is 3 years old and your battery is dead ! you can find some cheap ones on ebay...

I have the exact same problem. My guess is that problems started after some overheating. Now I also have a small yellow staing on the side of the display. I'm running CM 12 by the way.