MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

Hi... I dont want to call it stupid. I think the xiaomi.eu team is making a very good job for free !

If you dot want to update its up to you, there is only an info that an update is possible

At the moment there are no 100% working TWRPs and so OTA is not available

If you want to update, feel free to read my detailed documentation how to do it

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-12-29-30-first-miui-13.64404/page-26#post-643097
Thanks for this awesome guide, i have a noob question..
I'm on 12.5.19 stable poco f3, it will work updateing without formatting data?

double tap on rear screen cause stop 120hz

when i start phone i see finger reader on pin code keypad

miui biometric show now a big green logo on top, verry bad....

dark mode --> moore option --> no individual app

strange color on google message

low battery

and you?
Totally agree. Seems apps cause screen lose 120hz very commonly, WhatsApp, Telegram ecc. Bert weird

Please go to the device-manager (Geräte-Manager) and check if there's a usb device with no driver. Typically windows should automatically install the correct driver.
Could you please share the script.
Just to update.

I have two private Win11 machines here (desktop and ultrabook), both have adb drivers installed etc...but via fastboot devices i do not see my device (no device in list). However when using my work laptop with Win10 (actually this has limited rights because I am not the admin) all works fine...

So I resolved by using the Win10 work laptop...and Win11 was at least for me not working on two machines. And the update via Fastboot worked perfectly fine via the Win10 laptop.

Screenshot is from Win11...looks the same on both :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-06 114246.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-06 114246.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Reactions: sunset_in_mars
This is a great tutorial...but when I tried to flash the update bat ..say this package is for alioth your is unknown ...any suggestion for fixing this ...i am on stable 12.5.19 on my Poco F3
yes you can edit the script. but there must be a root cause why your phone is unkown…

Reactions: LOLO9393
Hi... I dont want to call it stupid. I think the xiaomi.eu team is making a very good job for free !

If you dot want to update its up to you, there is only an info that an update is possible

At the moment there are no 100% working TWRPs and so OTA is not available

If you want to update, feel free to read my detailed documentation how to do it

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/21-12-29-30-first-miui-13.64404/page-26#post-643097
If people would not get this update information than they wouldn't be confused and would not ask.. So that is the reason why i said stupid

Reactions: Viktorious
The device is not rooted ...wierd how to edit the script ? Thanks for your answer
you have to look into the extracted files on PC not on the phone

here you will find an example, but be sure that you know what are you doing :)
especially that you have downloaded the correct rom version for your phone

in the script is a check for the device, you can remove it or edit it:

At the moment I dont have a fastboot image here so I cant show you the exact line

Thank you very much. I am quite new to the topic of custom roms (the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra was the first i had to do it, since i bought it with china rom), still trying to learn and sometimes it isn't really easy with all those tools described in english since this isnt my mother tongue.
Will give it a try this evening.
Thanks for your patience with a custom rom noobie. :)

ALWAYS do a backup before an upgrade, especially important things for you (pictures, sms, etc)

Reactions: moskito99
Just to update on benchmarks...I see the same scores on Poco F3 with 13.0.2.0 (Geekbench CPU ~950 and ~3000). With RAM expansion on, its little less :)

Last edited:
This is a great tutorial...but when I tried to flash the update bat ..say this package is for alioth your is unknown ...any suggestion for fixing this ...i am on stable 12.5.19 on my Poco F3
EU rom for POCO F3/K40 is delivered with Alioth buildprop file setting for further update to be securely done.
Check why this setting has been altered and removed.

Hi guys,
I'm not a noob in using custom roms, but with A/B partition systems and Android 11+. So I have a few questions and I hope it is welcome to ask here.

I ordered the Mi 11 pro from the seller with preinstalled Xiaomi.eu 12.5.20 and twrp 3.5.1_10 (before I was using the Mi Mix 2s with Xiaomi.eu on Android 10). Now, I would like also to upgrade to 13.0.5. I understand how to install via fastboot and that the updater notification is just an information until there are working recovery updates existing.

My questions:

1) For the Mi 11 pro there is the twrp 3.6.0 available, which should support A12 roms. Is it recommendet to update the twrp to this latest version before using MIUI 13? If yes, how could I upgrade? As far as I searched the web, I can just install the twrp.zip in my case (mi 11 pro with super A/B partition), because there is no possibility to flash the img to a recovery partition (this is implemented in the boot partition).

2) I checked the "windows bat" file, which is used for fastboot update and this is flashing to the "slot A"? As far as I understand the system description of the "super" and "A/B partition", it is used to flash a new rom / update to the inactive slot (e.g. B) to prevent erasing the older system first. Then, if anything was doing fine, it starts with the new system and activate the "slot B". I guess, in this case the "slot A" is used regarding single "slot A" systems?
Would it be possible to use a dual boot with e.g. MIUI 12.5.20 in "slot A" and MIUI 13.0.5 in "slot B"?

3) Is the Magisk working without problems on MIUI 13.0.5 (Android 12)?

Thank's for any hints and explenations.
Marcaay

1) For the Mi 11 pro there is the twrp 3.6.0 available, which should support A12 roms. Is it recommendet to update the twrp to this latest version before using MIUI 13? If yes, how could I upgrade? As far as I searched the web, I can just install the twrp.zip in my case (mi 11 pro with super A/B partition), because there is no possibility to flash the img to a recovery partition (this is implemented in the boot partition).

At the moment there are no 100% working TWRPs (they cant decrypt partitions) as far as I know
You have to boot the TWRP -> fastboot boot twrp.img not flash TWRP
The new MIUI13 / A12 roms are fastboot images not recovery images (TWRP)

2) I checked the "windows bat" file, which is used for fastboot update and this is flashing to the "slot A"? As far as I understand the system description of the "super" and "A/B partition", it is used to flash a new rom / update to the inactive slot (e.g. B) to prevent erasing the older system first. Then, if anything was doing fine, it starts with the new system and activate the "slot B". I guess, in this case the "slot A" is used regarding single "slot A" systems?
Would it be possible to use a dual boot with e.g. MIUI 12.5.20 in "slot A" and MIUI 13.0.5 in "slot B"?

Short explanation:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...
Some TWRPs have a functionality to flash it permanent after booting into TWRP

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

3) Is the Magisk working without problems on MIUI 13.0.5 (Android 12)?

Yes ... patch the boot.img and flash it

Last edited:
At the moment there are no 100% working TWRPs (they cant decrypt partitions) as far as I know
You have to boot the TWRP -> fastboot boot twrp.img not flash TWRP
The new MIUI13 / A12 roms are fastboot images not recovery images (TWRP)

Short explanation:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...
Some TWRPs have a functionality to flash it permanent

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Yes ... patch the boot.img and flash it

-------------------------------

Thank you for your fast response!!!

Ok, twrp is currently permanently existing on my device. But, every time I start into the recovery, I need to change the language (from Chinese to Eng or Ger) and enter the device passwort. According to your explenation, this sounds to me, that the seller was editing the boot.img as you described?

Regarding the Magisk... As I told, I have twrp permanently existing, so I could just install the magisk zip as before, without patching the boot.img?

Otherwise, it would make sense to patch the boot.img for magisk and the current twrp 3.6.0?!

Thank you for your fast response!!!, twrp is currently permanently existing on my device. But, every time I start into the recovery, I need to change the language (from Chinese to Eng or Ger) and enter the device passwort. According to your explenation, this sounds to me, that the seller was editing the boot.img as you described?

Regarding the Magisk... As I told, I have twrp permanently existing, so I could just install the magisk zip as before, without patching the boot.img?

Otherwise, it would make sense to patch the boot.img for magisk and the current twrp 3.6.0?!
If you update to Miui13 TWRP will be history, so you have to patch the boot image

Perhaps you disable pin / pw / pattern, boot into twrp.img and try to install magisk. but this procedure I never tested…

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcaay and biscoot
Im trying to upgrade my poco f3, however when i run the batch file nothing happens?
Thats very little information. Mine was not working on two Win11 machines...but with my work laptop Win10 all worked...All had adb drivers etc drivers installed....however on Win11, device was not recognized with fastboot devices...

Is the fastboot devices from adb folder showing the device?

Reactions: kim001
[Mi 11 Ultra] IMPORTANT

I think it's worth mentioning in the first post that you must FACTORY RESET your device after installing the ROM for the first time with data format otherwise you won't be able to use Telegram, Gmail and Mi backup correctly!

I installed the ROM using first time installer which formatted my data and I had a lot of problems with app can't access memory correctly.

Then I went to Setting>Search for "Restore" > tap on "Backup and restore" > Tap the bottom button "Reset device". Only in this way you'll get a fully functional phone if you update from MIUI 13 with a clean install.

Please ADD THIS TO THE FIRST OR SECOND POST. People deserve to know it before installing, it will save a lot of time of configuring the whole device twice.

Hi guys! I have a Poco f3 phone, when I want to update the firmware from TWRP to a new miui 13 stable, I click on the firmware itself and the recovery simply overloads, what's the problem?