MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

Make a screenshot and post

Press in parallel Vol- and Pow for screenshot in OF/TWRP

It should say Successful decryption for User 0 but Failed for User 999 - and that's ok

Please read back properly and check post #5432 and see the screenshots under the spoiler tag: it's not the second space (or whatever other) user (999) issue, it says decryption of user 0 was unsuccessful.

Please read back properly and check post #5432 and see the screenshots under the spoiler tag: it's not the second space (or whatever other) user (999) issue, it says decryption of user 0 was unsuccessful.
Then strange

But the answer to your other question:

Inspect /vendor/etc/fstab.* file (by MiXPlorer with root or copy the file to Download folder by TWRP/OF)

Inside, find the filesystem definition for userdata:
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                  f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,inlinecrypt,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0,keydirectory=/metadata/vold/metadata_encryption,metadata_encryption=aes-256-xts:wrappedkey_v0,quota,reservedsize=128M,sysfs_path=/sys/devices/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc,checkpoint=fs
(scroll to the right to read...)

In my case, above, it is f2fs with aes-256 encryption

Then strange

But the answer to your other question:

Inspect /vendor/etc/fstab.* file (by MiXPlorer with root or copy the file to Download folder by TWRP/OF)

Inside, find the filesystem definition for userdata:
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                  f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,inlinecrypt,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0,keydirectory=/metadata/vold/metadata_encryption,metadata_encryption=aes-256-xts:wrappedkey_v0,quota,reservedsize=128M,sysfs_path=/sys/devices/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc,checkpoint=fs
(scroll to the right to read...)

In my case, above, it is f2fs with aes-256 encryption
Thanks for your reply!
Do you have a joyeuse, too? Because my fstab is really different compared to yours:

Code:
joyeuse:/ # grep "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata" /vendor/etc/fstab.*
/vendor/etc/fstab.default:/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                    f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier,inlinecrypt    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=ice,wrappedkey,quota,reservedsize=128M,checkpoint=fs
/vendor/etc/fstab.emmc:/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                    f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier,inlinecrypt    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=ice,wrappedkey,quota,reservedsize=128M,checkpoint=fs

For example even though it is f2fs it has no metadata_encryption specified and fileencryption is ice not aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0 as I see in your output..

Thanks for your reply!
Do you have a joyeuse, too? Because my fstab is really different compared to yours:

Code:
/vendor/etc/fstab.default:/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                    f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier,inlinecrypt    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=ice,wrappedkey,quota,reservedsize=128M,checkpoint=fs
/vendor/etc/fstab.emmc:/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata                  /data                    f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier,inlinecrypt    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=ice,wrappedkey,quota,reservedsize=128M,checkpoint=fs

For example even though it is f2fs it has no metadata_encryption specified and fileencryption is ice not aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0 as I see in your output..

That isn't a problem. If you write:
mount | grep '/data'
you will see the actual mount. ICE becomes the encryption method.

WHY every time we want to edit a picture or video the editor needs to be downloaded? i dont even clear my apps cache and this happens all the time. There isn't any way to keep the editor on our phones?

Last edited:
mount | grep '/data'
Thanks. userdata is what I should look for?
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /data type f2fs (rw,lazytime,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=on,gc_merge,discard,no_heap,user_xattr,inline_xattr,acl,inline_data,inline_dentry,flush_merge,extent_cache,mode=adaptive,active_logs=6,reserve_root=23056,resuid=0,resgid=1065,inlinecrypt,alloc_mode=default,checkpoint_merge,fsync_mode=nobarrier)
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /data/user/0 type f2fs (rw,lazytime,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=on,gc_merge,discard,no_heap,user_xattr,inline_xattr,acl,inline_data,inline_dentry,flush_merge,extent_cache,mode=adaptive,active_logs=6,reserve_root=23056,resuid=0,resgid=1065,inlinecrypt,alloc_mode=default,checkpoint_merge,fsync_mode=nobarrier)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply!

Code:

I have Lisa (device was originally launched with A11)

You can read the official FBE documentation:

Seems that your device was originally launched with A10 (or lower) - search in the document for:
fileencryption=ice

Seems that your device was originally launched with A10 (or lower) - search in the document for:
fileencryption=ice
Indeed, joyeuse been released running Android 10 originally. It's clear that it's FBEv1 but not clear how && why now, running on A12 MIUI 13 OFox runs to an error even though decrypt by OFox seems to work anyway..

Indeed, joyeuse been released running Android 10 originally. It's clear that it's FBEv1 but not clear how && why now, running on A12 MIUI 13 OFox runs to an error even though decrypt by OFox seems to work anyway..
Strange but have you tested scenarios like:

- you don't enter pin/pattern, does OF still decrypts, ie, do you still see correct file names

- you enter wrong pin/pattern, does OF still decrypts,
ie, do you still see correct file names

Maybe, decryption works correctly (it decrypts only if you enter correct pin/pattern) but it just prints an error instead of success

Maybe, decryption works correctly (it decrypts only if you enter correct pin/pattern) but it just prints an error instead of success
I already answered all these questions here in #5,432

- you don't enter pin/pattern, does OF still decrypts, ie, do you still see correct file names
--> If I don't enter a pin / pattern then internal storage and /data is unreadable (I mean: filenames are gibberish)
--> If enter a wrong pin / pattern then internal storage and /data is unreadable (I mean: filenames are gibberish)

And yes, that's my idea, too, that "it just prints an error instead of success" but without knowing what's the trigger for the error message I won't rely on it (i.e. what if I make a /data backup and I want to use it.. shall I trust the backup or not? Shall I trust the error message or not?). Sorry for being OffTopic but it seems that it does this only with /data encrypted by Xiaomi.EU (and more than likely with Xiaomi factory ROM, too).

Thanks. userdata is what I should look for?
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /data type f2fs (rw,lazytime,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=on,gc_merge,discard,no_heap,user_xattr,inline_xattr,acl,inline_data,inline_dentry,flush_merge,extent_cache,mode=adaptive,active_logs=6,reserve_root=23056,resuid=0,resgid=1065,inlinecrypt,alloc_mode=default,checkpoint_merge,fsync_mode=nobarrier)
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /data/user/0 type f2fs (rw,lazytime,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,background_gc=on,gc_merge,discard,no_heap,user_xattr,inline_xattr,acl,inline_data,inline_dentry,flush_merge,extent_cache,mode=adaptive,active_logs=6,reserve_root=23056,resuid=0,resgid=1065,inlinecrypt,alloc_mode=default,checkpoint_merge,fsync_mode=nobarrier)
I think this is OK.

--> If I don't enter a pin / pattern then internal storage and /data is unreadable (I mean: filenames are gibberish)
--> If enter a wrong pin / pattern then internal storage and /data is unreadable (I mean: filenames are gibberish)

And yes, that's my idea, too, that "it just prints an error instead of success" but without knowing what's the trigger for the error message I won't rely on it (i.e. what if I make a /data backup and I want to use it.. shall I trust the backup or not? Shall I trust the error message or not?). Sorry for being OffTopic but it seems that it does this only with /data encrypted by Xiaomi.EU (and more than likely with Xiaomi factory ROM, too).
Instead of making assumptions, one possibility is to make a good copy of your data (outside the device) and install via fastboot the latest stable stock rom release for your device.
Then install xiaomi.eu again (I think xiaomi.eu don't flash /data partition, if it does, then only install latest stable xiaomi.eu via fastboot).
This way, I think you force the device to have all partitions according the last "factory" state.

Instead of making assumptions, one possibility is to make a good copy of your data (outside the device) and install via fastboot the latest stable stock rom release for your device.
Then install xiaomi.eu again (I think xiaomi.eu don't flash /data partition, if it does, then only install latest stable xiaomi.eu via fastboot).
This way, I think you force the device to have all partitions according the last "factory" state.
I'm thinking about this, too, although this unit in my hands never saw anything else just the factory A10 ROM, upgraded to A11 ROM and then the A11 Xiaomi.EU ROM and now the A12 - so this unit never had any AOSP or LOS based ROM or anything else.

I'm thinking about this, too, although this unit in my hands never saw anything else just the factory A10 ROM, upgraded to A11 ROM and then the A11 Xiaomi.EU ROM and now the A12 - so this unit never had any AOSP or LOS based ROM or anything else.
Nah.. same issue.. I flashed the factory MIUI V13 via fastboot then reflashed Xiaomi.EU V13.0.1.0 and.. same issue with OFox.. I'm about to give up.. or somehow read through the whole source of OFox.. or I don't know.. :/

Cannot help you further. You could try to contact OF developers and report

But IMO, if you carefully enter pin/pattern and you see the file names decrypted, you can trust that it's only a bogus error printed

I use (also) OF on Lisa but only for updating Xiaomi.eu (I'm on Weeklies). I install Magisk by patching and flashing the boot img

For backup/restore I don't use OF (custom recovery). System (with Vendor, Product, etc) is read-only and you can always reflash

I manually transfer pictures and so from Internal mem to PC

For apps, I use Swift Backup (root) app (from Playstore) - you can backup/restore app by app (practical, if I update an app but don't like the update). I also use Google and Mi Cloud

Btw, if you install dual apps (like dual WA) or you create Second space, then OF (for me) fails to backup Data (bcs of not supporting user 999 decryption)

Hence I don't do (nandroid) backups in custom recovery

Reactions: crok.bic
Just download the new 13.0.10.0 but fails. Why?

Screenshot_2022-09-20-15-10-37-161-edit_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

can I install this without unlocking bootloader and twrp? since it can be installed thru fastboot? my phone is poco x4 pro 5g. thanks!

can I install this without unlocking bootloader and twrp? since it can be installed thru fastboot? my phone is poco x4 pro 5g. thanks!
no… custom rom needs unlocked bootloader

Reactions: blitzlee07
For Fastboot installation obviously TWRP is not needed

But how do you think to flash in Fastboot if your Bootloader is locked?

Fastboot flash ... is blocked for the locked Bootloader.
Not only for flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM, not only for Bootloader/Fastboot on Xiaomi devices - but generally for Android

With the locked Bootloader you can only stay on your stock firmware and keep getting OTA updates.
To flash anything else - even if your stock is eg China and you want to switch to official Global, you have to unlock Bootloader to be able to flash in Fastboot

Reactions: blitzlee07
is there any way to download this rom for fastboot version for the poco f3? I can't install twrp. it always gives me the error: FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a) No such partition')