MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

Help! My phone entered into a soft brick after trying to install the A13 TWRP, when I try to reboot the phone it just keeps on the Fastboot screen. HELP PLEASE (I have a Xiaomi 12)
EDIT: I reinstalled the ROM with the 'windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat' archive and the phone just installed it and rebooted perfectly, and I didn't have any data lose. Thanks god.
EDIT 2: The trouble that soft bricked the phone was an error during the installation of the TWRP, on the 2nd step, the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' step. The first one went perfectly, but when I typed the second command line, the 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error' appeared and all was gone. Boys of xiaomi.eu, try to see what was the problem and try to fix it, please. P.D. I downloaded the TWRP from the link that YOU uploaded, this one exactly 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/cupid/' (the Xiaomi 'cupid' 12 one, and exactly, the file named 'twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A13-cupid-skkk.img', because my phone actually has Android 13 with the MIUI 14 update). Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Help! My phone entered into a soft brick after trying to install the A13 TWRP, when I try to reboot the phone it just keeps on the Fastboot screen. HELP PLEASE (I have a Xiaomi 12)
EDIT: I reinstalled the ROM with the 'windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat' archive and the phone just installed it and rebooted perfectly, and I didn't have any data lose. Thanks god.
EDIT 2: The trouble that soft bricked the phone was an error during the installation of the TWRP, on the 2nd step, the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' step. The first one went perfectly, but when I typed the second command line, the 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error' appeared and all was gone. Boys of xiaomi.eu, try to see what was the problem and try to fix it, please. P.D. I downloaded the TWRP from the link that YOU uploaded, this one exactly 'https://sourceforge.net/projects/recovery-for-xiaomi-devices/files/cupid/' (the Xiaomi 'cupid' 12 one, and exactly, the file named 'twrp-3.7.0_12-v6.5_A13-cupid-skkk.img', because my phone actually has Android 13 with the MIUI 14 update). Thank you for your help.
I'm using that same TWRP on my Xiaomi 12, so no idea what your issue is.
As for "I downloaded the TWRP from the link that YOU uploaded", I would change that tone if I were in your place.

Well did you flash blank vbmeta before trying to boot TWRP?
Find blank vbmeta on google for your device.

Sent from my 2112123AC using Tapatalk

message app error

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at k.a.a.a.e.b.<clinit>(Unknown Source:5)
at k.a.a.a.e.b.b(Unknown Source:0)
at t.b.c.h.d.b.K(Unknown Source:24)
at t.b.c.h.d.b.<init>(Unknown Source:23)
at t.b.c.h.d.b.N(Unknown Source:13)
at d.a.a.b.d._A_.F(Unknown Source:3)
at j.o.q.f.e.e(Unknown Source:17)
at j.o.q.f.e$a$a.run(Unknown Source:4)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1012)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.io.File android.content.Context.getFilesDir()' on a null object reference
at k.a.a.a.h.h.a.<clinit>(Unknown Source:4)
... 9 more

Reactions: Kakarotvn
message app error

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.io.File android.content.Context.getFilesDir()' on a null object reference
... 9 more
I have the same

message app error

... 9 more
I have the same
Unable to reproduce. Clear app data for Messaging app.

Hello,
After flashing twrp, just restart your phone to recovery, do not execute this command "fastboot boot twrp.img"
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne
I'm one more with Messaging app closing with latest MIUI 14.0.3.0.TLACNXM on 12S Ultra.
Bug report is exactly the same as @ryshd wrote.

Backed up the SMS (that worked) and cleared data for Messaging app, unfortunately without improvement.

Can you try to get a bit longer logcat from the crash? We're unable to reproduce it, maybe it could give a clue what is happening there.

Can you try to get a bit longer logcat from the crash? We're unable to reproduce it, maybe it could give a clue what is happening there.

OK?

Hi,

i have already istalled XIAOMI.EU 13.0.41 stable on my MI 12. I have already installed TWRP 3.6.2. i can get into fastboot in twrp and also to original fastboot. But the device is not recognized from my win11 pc. And the driver installation doenst work. i have a failire in device manager. what can i do?
install correct driver

Rubens K50 same message forced closed issue as above reported, on latest 14.0.4.0 ROM, work fine on previous 14.0.3 rom

Same, Unicorn on 14.0.3 Message app force close. Try to install google message but can't send new message also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-29-09-08-22-190_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-09-08-22-190_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 241
It doesn't work for my 12s Ultra. Dou have any other sugestion?
Tks.
This is the only solution I've heard from Xiaomi CN Official DEV. You can try that code on MIUI 13 CN build. If it still doesn't work then you may extract the modem.img from MIUI 14 and flash it over MIUI 13.

12s Ultra here.
Having same xiaomi messaging error log as @ryshd
- Updated to xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.3.0.TLACNXM_v14-13-fastboot.zip
- Xiaomi Messaging App version 14.0.0.21

Tried
1. Clear Data Cache, Clear All data, Clear Cache. Error persist
2. Re-flash fastboot_update_rom.sh. Error persist

Thanks
Update

I've revert back to 14.0.2.0 with macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh from xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.2.0.TLACNXM_v14-13-fastboot.
The messaging app is back to normal with same messaging app version 14.0.0.21.

* Before upgrading to V14.0.3.0, I had clean install from xiaomi.eu_multi_THOR_V14.0.2.0.TLACNXM_v14-13-fastboot.
Try at your own risk...

Last edited:
Reactions: Evgenums
They just released a new update

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-29-00-43-22-589_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-29-00-43-22-589_com.android.updater.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 2,727