MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

I tried root explorer aswell. I kept getting "parsing error". Any chance you know the correct adb commands?

Well, I only get "Parsing Error" with corrupted downloads. I downloaded the APK on my computer and placed on my SD Card via USB. From there I "copied" the APK into /system/apk and modified the permissions. I didnt install this.
After you copied it into the system/app folder and set the permissions, just reboot, and it should show up in your widget list and app drawer.

Sorry, im not very good with ADB commands. I rarely use ADB.

It keeps FC'ing on me on Desire HD using 1.3.5. ADB pushet it, and files and permissions is set right. I could get into the program for a few seconds a couple times, but it FCed almost immediately. Thanks though :) Looking forward to Beta 2 :D

Using the EU .apk.

Same for me now with this phone and EU .apk. Even tried flashing a fresh ROM install and it is FC'ing. Strange because it was working perfect at first. Tried both ADB and Root Explorer methods to install it.

Im having issues downloading the app. Tried downloading through mobile browser I could see the app in the download section but it wouldnt install. I did what others did by clearing caches but still no luck. I got adb but Im not doing something right. I had my fone set to debug but im not doing the right commands so could somebody help please?? this is what I did:

cd\
cd\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb devices
adb remount
adb push MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta\system\app

after that everything goes wrong. Need help please!!!!

Seriously?...

Pay real close attention to the forward slashes / as apposed to your use of the backslashes \.

adb remount
adb push MiuiWeather.apk /system/app/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/*

Edit: And there's a space between MiuiWeather.apk and /system/app/

Edit: Also noticed that the hour at midnight reads 00 00, not necessarily a bad thing but still strange to see as I'm very used to 24 hour clocks. I hope by final release we'll get an option of choosing 12hr or 24hr style.

EU apk FC when I hit the Sun ;)

DB is in right place with right permissions, so what am I doing wrong?

The database is not correct, download the EU miui_city.db and push to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Thanks,

Mark

Provide us with the locations and codes for weather.com magnets and we will do what we can to add them into the apks databases.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark!

Here is the the location and codes for the biggest citys in Brazil. I hope to help you! It's a beggining!

Brazil:

- Belo Horizonte - BRXX0033
- Rio de Janeiro - BRXX0201
- São Paulo - BRXX0232
- Brasília - BRXX0043
- Vitória - BRXX0259
- Porto Alegre - BRXX0186
- Florianópolis - BRXX0091
- Curitiba - BRXX0079
- Cuiabá - BRXX0078
- Campo Grande - BRXX0051
- Goiânia - BRXX0099
- Salvador - BRXX3272
- Aracaju - BRXX0011
- Maceió - BRXX0143
- Recife - BRXX0195
- João Pessoa - BRXX0128
- Natal - BRXX0158
- Fortaleza - BRXX0093
- Teresina - BRXX0245
- São Luís - BRXX0231
- Palmas - BRXX0169
- Belém - BRXX0032
- Macapá - BRXX0142
- Boa Vista - BRXX0038
- Manaus - BRXX0146
- Porto Velho - BRXX0190
- Rio Branco - BRXX0199

Managed to make it work for Stockholm here in Sweden at last... had some issues with FC's to begin with but after repeating the process it worked :D
Now all I want is for it to display temperatures etc. in the metric system instead of imperial...

Question, if I may. I run MIUI on my D1 (O to the G), and swiping between pages is very laggy (when you set up multiple city's). My question is, is anyone else out there having the same laggy, stuttering, choppiness between screens as I am. I'm curious because I know the D1, while being a great phone (I still love her as much as I did when we first meet) is definitely starting to show it's age as more time passes.

OK I managed to get this working. I just made couple of errors in the adb command. This is what I did:

cd\
adb devices
adb remount
adb push MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk /system/app/

I see the apk on system\app and miui_city.db in the data/datacom.weather/databases BUT the apk wont install!!?? The persmissions correct too.. So what gives??

Thanks, it works and it is wondeful =]
I have just wondered if isreal is going to be added and if it will, where? in asia or europe? ><

thank you and if you are going to add isreal then I dont care which city, just add something, they all have the same wheater any way>< (smalll country lol)

btw: I installed it via root explorer was very easy and fast..

Well, the app was working fine yesterday, but then I started getting fc's every time I opened the app. I added the db to correct location with the right permissions but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions for people having this problem?

OK I managed to get this working. I just made couple of errors in the adb command. This is what I did:

cd\
adb devices
adb remount
adb push MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk /system/app/

I see the apk on system\app and miui_city.db in the data/datacom.weather/databases BUT the apk wont install!!?? The persmissions correct too.. So what gives??

Did you even read my reply to you?

DO NOT INSTALL THIS APP!

Read it again.

Seriously?...

Pay real close attention to the forward slashes / as apposed to your use of the backslashes \.

adb remount
adb push MiuiWeather.apk /system/app/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/*

Edit: And there's a space between MiuiWeather.apk and /system/app/

Edit: Also noticed that the hour at midnight reads 00 00, not necessarily a bad thing but still strange to see as I'm very used to 24 hour clocks. I hope by final release we'll get an option of choosing 12hr or 24hr style.

Set the correct permissions!

I finally succeed in getting the EU apk working by doing this (thanx to Kalakume):

adb remount
adb push MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk /system/app
adb reboot

After reboot rename miui_city_entire_eu to miui_city.db

adb remount
adb push miui_city.db /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

But now it's impossible to have french towns because there are none in the database........:(
Is it possible to add France in a future update?

I downloaded the right apk and when I search for my city it gives me three results of my city with three different zip codes but none of them are the one I need.
Anybody know why?

anyone have this issue as well?

I saw french cities are included in the database but I don't know why they don't appear in "edit location".
I found my city with its Weather.com-code on my computer with LIBREOFFICE BASE but it doesn't appear at all in the app.
Clicking on FR just shows "No weather information" and auto location by gps doesn't work, just an error message...
Anyone does the trick?