MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

Found loads of cities in the db, even german cities. tried to change a little bit but no luck. We'll have to wait until Mark releases the next beta with support for more cities and celsius scale.

I've added GE/Tbilisi to database, but it can't find weather data.
Can we get some guidelines from devs like which weather service is used to get data, what are the correct values for database table fields so users can add desired cities?

I've added GE/Tbilisi to database, but it can't find weather data.
Can we get some guidelines from devs like which weather service is used to get data, what are the correct values for database table fields so users can add desired cities?
+1
I don't care waiting a little bit until you implement Israel Cities, but with a guideline I could do it myself and release some work from the devs so they can focus on bug fixes and app improvement.

Thanks Mark! Love the app and it works great on my EVO, except it is killing my battery.. Any way to adjust the refresh rate, maybe slow it down to save some battery?? Anyone..

Thanks Mark! Love the app and it works great on my EVO, except it is killing my battery.. Any way to adjust the refresh rate, maybe slow it down to save some battery?? Anyone..

Agreed. This app is stunning. Thanks so much Mark! But, it decimated my battery.

I also had the Weber City issue that was posted earlier.

I have installed twice and all i get is the miui icon if i click on it the weather screen shows up ..am i missing anything.?? no weather screen unless i click it.

Anyone else having problems opening the app at the 12am hour? The app fc's on me even after the push of the apk. Now it''s showing 12am as 00:00.

Already fixed permissions and still having the fc issues.

No issue installing here best way to install via adb
Makesure u place apks in sdk tools folder then use the power of youtube or google search to for help pushing files via adb its not rocket science good luck
Sent from my Google Nexus S using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Anyone else having problems opening the app at the 12am hour? The app fc's on me even after the push of the apk. Now it''s showing 12am as 00:00.

00:00 is 12am

Clear the app data. It should start working again.

Hi Mark,

Is it possible for you to give me the whole list of french cities from your database? I would like to add them manually in miui_city.db.
Thanks !

I havent read through all the comments here yet, but in the last few pages i havent seen anyone using the us versions of the apk. I downloaded the aa states apk bc i'm heading out of wisconsin to colorado r for the week. I have as yet been unable to install the apk. I get an unsuccessful install every time i try to install via root explorer - ive never used adb before but i do have it installed on my mac. I tried renaming the apk to remove the _'s from the name and moved it to system/app and downloaded the DB for states aa onwards to my Mac and moved it to data/data/com.miui.weather/databases (I created the folder in root explorer) and then changed the apk permissions to rw-r--r-- and the com.miui permissions to rw-rw----. Still no luck installing though I did once get the app to show up on my home screen (no idea how). It fced every time I tried to open it. Did a fix permissions, no luck, moved the apk back to downloads on my SD and then back to system/app and never saw it again. Could anyone provide any help with this issue? And if I do install correctly will it work if I'm not in the state I specify for the weather? (I have a fifteen hour drive to Colorado today through Iowa and Nebraska so I have a lot of time to kill doing this stuff).

Thanks, community.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Also, I'm on 1.3.5 baseband 11.19 Chad's. 37.2 kernel on a dInc amoled, for those viewing on tapatalk. I just need to install the app and get it running. If anyone has good adb instructions they are willing to post (please be very specific, I'm new) that info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Dobrah, you don't install the app. Just put it in /system/app and set the permissions. It will appear on your home screen. Now, open the app. If it force closes, this is the time to push the .db file to the correct directory. Now, the app should open. If not, clear data for the app and try again.

@Dobrah :

On your computer, save the apk on the desktop and rename it Weather.apk
Save also the .db on your desktop and rename it miui_city.db

Reboot your phone in Recovery Mode (when reboot, press volume - key)
Connect your phone to your computer
Open terminal and type:

cd Desktop
adb shell mount /system
adb push Weather.apk /system/app/
adb shell umount/system

Reboot your phone
When rebooted, reboot again your phone in Recovery Mode
Open terminal and type:

cd Desktop
adb shell mount /data
adb push miui_city.db /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/
adb shell umount/data

Enjoy

Thanks that solved all my problems... for some reason as soon as I renamed to miui-weather-Dev.apk in system / app it showed up again and didn't fc. I don't even have the DB file in data/data any more but it's working perfectly. Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Thanks for your help and thanks mark!

I think this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen happen on my phone.

Hi, I had no trouble installing this on my Samsung Vibrant, however, it "fails to locate". I could be wrong, but it doesn't even appear to engage the GPS even though it is enabled (and has never worked better). Currently running Bionix V - v1.3.1. GPS doesn't appear to work, but i am able to look up and select my city so that works fine. Other than geolocation, its a very highly polished app that's just stunning and really well done. Thanks!

Okay, I've flashed the flash-able version, it's FCing, but there is ONLY Great Britain city.... Not French city..

Can any one help ? :)

Hi, I had no trouble installing this on my Samsung Vibrant, however, it "fails to locate". I could be wrong, but it doesn't even appear to engage the GPS even though it is enabled (and has never worked better). Currently running Bionix V - v1.3.1. GPS doesn't appear to work, but i am able to look up and select my city so that works fine. Other than geolocation, its a very highly polished app that's just stunning and really well done. Thanks!

Auto location is broken. Turn it off, and the app will work fine.

00:00 is 12am

LOL I know it is, but is that normal? The rest of the time of day is not military time. I don't mind, but the I cannot access the weather at that point. It fc's. I haven't cleared the data but I woke up and found that it worked as before and no fc's.

Clear the app data. It should start working again.

I'll try that next time. Thanks!

Okay I saw on the Database there are french City, but it's not appairing in miui Weather...

In addiction, can you add celcius?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from MIUI - HTC Desire

The cities also need to be added to the central system, if the PosID's are not correct the app wont work which is why our team need to do the databases. Outside work wont solve this.

Due to the fact as well that the app talks to a web api interface and MySQL backend.

We'll support things much better in our proper source build.

This release was never intended for general use, hence the un finished cities db. Give us time, we will get there with this!

Thanks,

Mark

The cities also need to be added to the central system, if the PosID's are not correct the app wont work which is why our team need to do the databases. Outside work wont solve this.

Due to the fact as well that the app talks to a web api interface and MySQL backend.

We'll support things much better in our proper source build.

This release was never intended for general use, hence the un finished cities db. Give us time, we will get there with this!

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for your reply!

I will wait :) you're doing a very, very good work!

Sent from MIUI - HTC Desire