Release MIUI ROM 2.3.16 [ICS & GB] ROMS Uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best MIUI rom I have ever seen even it is a beta. Thank you guys! :) Keep up the work! :)

Can someone please try installing one of the following on a sgs2 with the new miui:

1)Tube Map
2)Where is my water free
3)Dead Space

And report back if you get a could not install error?

Also can someone verify if the system allows you to move applications to SD CARD from application management?

Unmount external SD card and install the apps. That worked for me

What do you mean from samsung ROM...I used Checkrom revolution 6 before, based on samsung official gingerbread rom and everything worked. You mean the samsung ICS rom has the problem?

it is based on samsung ROM but ICS not Gingerbread mate have a look at the kernel. And it is not the ROM which has this behavior its the kernel. AFAIK since LPB they introduced a security check. so if the kernel is rooted then it prevents system from accessing the android secure storage that's why you get that error when installing some apps.

You are right! This worked! Hopefully the miui devs can fix it so that we don't need ti unmount every time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

it is based on samsung ROM but ICS not Gingerbread mate have a look at the kernel. And it is not the ROM which has this behavior its the kernel. AFAIK since LPB they introduced a security check. so if the kernel is rooted then it prevents system from accessing the android secure storage that's why you get that error when installing some apps.

Thanks man. Any way to go around this? Any kernel that i can flash that actually solves this?

You are right! This worked! Hopefully the miui devs can fix it so that we don't need ti unmount every time

There is a fixed kernel already LPQ unfortunately this build is based on LPH so we can't flash it. If they use LPQ for thier next version surely this will be fixed :)

Aaah crap... Do u also get the problem where phone doesn't recognize incoming calls/msgs if you.save in contacts with +country code?

All good! One problem I have: I can;t get rid off the adverts, I tried adfree and adaway and no result. Anyone?

Hey guys, how to unmount and mount external_sd? You mean by recovery? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

Unmount worked for my sgs2, was able to install from market again, just waiting on a facebook to contacts fix :)

The unmount is in settings, storage, then select your sd card to unmount.

Reactions: griddark
Unmount worked for my sgs2, was able to install from market again, just waiting on a facebook to contacts fix :)

The unmount is in settings, storage, then select your sd card to unmount.
Thanks. I saw it, but is it the external or internal sd card?
Anyway i'm going to try :).
Thanks again mate

SGS2 MIUI ROM 2.3.16 wireless connection not working and when you press with function keyboard not working too....:( .

One more problem: when i hit the toggle silent it takes effect BUT image looks like the volume it's on. Visualy it's the same and it's annoying

Many thanks, great job. I have installed on my SGS2 and try to get used with new interface and settings.

for now at least i found one "bug" i guess. when i tried to configure the limit of data usage i accidentally put the value of warning usage greater than limit usage then setting become freezing and there is no fallback procedure, even after restarting the phone. so i re-flash my SGS2 again.

hope this will be fixed on the next release.

Backing up my current ROM now and giving this a go! Great job Miui team! Any other GN users have any feedback on the test ROM so far?

I don't know if anyone have posted this, but there is an extra calendar icon after flashing 2.3.16 for sgs2. There used to be only a green calendar icon in gingerbread, but now there's both a green and an orange calendar icon in ics. I have tried deleting one of them, but it said it is a system application so I can't delete it. I have also tried wiping everything and reflash, but the icons are still there. Just wanted to point this out so it will be fixed next time. Thank you for the hard work!

Hello all,

I need some help testing something. I think we may of accidentally uploaded the "unedited" copies of the GB branch. This means its only partially translated, doesn't have our modified framework and has random Chinese Only functions (such as Recommend tab in MMS and Online Music in the Music app).

I just flashed the GB 2.3.16 onto my device and noticed this bug thanks to someone reporting it to me. I need someone to test the remaining devices.
  • Defy
  • Desire
  • Desire S
  • Desire Z
  • DHD
  • HD2
  • Incredible S
  • Milestone
  • Nexus 1
  • i9000
  • Optimus 2x
  • Vibrant
Check if monitor and radio is in English, if its not thats an easy way to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.