Release MIUI ROM 2.3.30 ROMS [ICS] & [GB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme Manager should be like 3-5 weeks away. Its an entire rewrite for ICS. This is pure speculation.

We lost a mirror today. So I don't think we will update the OTA. We now don't have the server strength to withhold a OTA update. You still can download the the ROM here and update via recovery.
But I am getting a notification for OTA update. The size is 20 mb and change log is in Chinese

Dear Mark,

Let me take the opportunity to congratulate to you and your team for all excellent work, and improvements.....
Update the new ROM on my SGS II and found out of 2 FCs one has been resolved and one still pending and also two suggestions are still pending....... Please see the below and hope and trust, you and your team will continue doing good work and improvements.

1. Setting --> Security -->>Privacy Protection -->> Protect Apps mode (Resolved)
2. Setting --> About Phone -->> Status (still getting FC while selecting this option)
3. Flip to Silent option is missing. (Option Not Available)
4. Fine tuning is needed for Theme (Still Pending)

But I am getting a notification for OTA update. The size is 20 mb and change log is in Chinese

That means your running the Chinese OTA. How you get that app, I don't know. Maybe a mistake on our end. China is giving you a 20MB OTA, which will pretty much conflict with some of our apps and might cause problems. I urge you to re-download from the site and then flash via recovery.

1. Setting --> Security -->>Privacy Protection -->> Protect Apps mode (Resolved)
2. Setting --> About Phone -->> Status (still getting FC while selecting this option)
3. Flip to Silent option is missing. (Option Not Available)
4. Fine tuning is needed for Theme (Still Pending)

2) Logcat please? Post in bug forum with this topic.

3) Feature requests will come once the rom his a stable base.

4) Theme Manager / MIUI v4 Themes are not ready.

That means your running the Chinese OTA. How you get that app, I don't know. Maybe a mistake on our end. China is giving you a 20MB OTA, which will pretty much conflict with some of our apps and might cause problems. I urge you to re-download from the site and then flash via recovery.
Thanks sir. I appreciate your effort. I am a new user so don't want to donate. But promise I will significantly after a couple of weeks of use. You guys deserve it.

Mark (or anybody else), any advise most appreciated.

coming from 2.3.9. on SGS2 and after full wipes, and following upgrade steps from http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-to-update-upgrade-miui.15424/ I end up with KERNEL PANIC UPLOAD MODE. Same happened with 2.3.23. And I now need turn to you. Nothing helps, installed other rom's, recoveries, wiped everything. I can only get device up and running by flashing CF-Root-SGS2_XW_XEU_KH4-v5.0-CWM5 with Odin.

guys this ROM (for the sgs2) is absultely stunning, really fast no lag at all! sms issue is fixed, looks very stable. duplicate calendar has been deleted. chinese characters are still present on lockscreen (i know there is a fixable tweak)

overall excellent excellent! thanks a million

guys this ROM (for the sgs2) is absultely stunning, really fast no lag at all! sms issue is fixed, looks very stable. duplicate calendar has been deleted. chinese characters are still present on lockscreen (i know there is a fixable tweak)

overall excellent excellent! thanks a million
download our fixed v4 lockscreen from the news section.

Hey GUYS... HALO! I just made this acunt today to ask these 2 silly questions. I have 2 questions. The first one is PLEASE tell me how to flash this ARC S ICS ROM onto my GF's ARC LT15i. The other one is why everytime when I do video playback in GINGERBREAD MIUI the sound is not consistent with the video and it seems distorted and not in sync with the video as it also stutters and jumps everywhere like a HORNY BUNNY! This happens on the ARC S GINGERBREAD MIUI and my SGS2 ROM that I used to get from here. Thanks!

We don't have an Arc S GB version, so you'll have to bring that up with the developer of that ROM. As for the for the flashing procedure. Your asking how to flash a ROM onto a different version? That is porting and requires extensive practice and skill.

If you need help with flashing. This tutorial should help: http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-to-update-upgrade-miui.15424/

Don't know about you, but I see the name of the person messaging. So, NO bug here.
Ok let me explain this a bit further because you probably haven't noticed the bug before or read about it.
If you have a contact that is saved on your phone as an 07..... number and not +44.... and you receive a text the contact name does not show up unless you already have a conversation with that person in your inbox. If you then change the number to +44.... the contacts name will show up but apparently it won't show up when they ring you.

Ok let me explain this a bit further because you probably haven't noticed the bug before or read about it.
If you have a contact that is saved on your phone as an 07..... number and not +44.... and you receive a text the contact name does not show up unless you already have a conversation with that person in your inbox. If you then change the number to +44.... the contacts name will show up but apparently it won't show up when they ring you.
im aware of the bug you mentioned. I even reported the bug via bug section and to the developers. Be patient for a fix.

Reactions: Kam_El and marxman
OK....lets make it easier. I get my GB MIUI ROM for my SGS2 from here. I make a video in 1080P and when I playback the video has the above problem. That simple. Have you guys had this problem?

Which player did you use? There's only a few video player which has H/W acceleration. Try diceplayer, works great on all of my video files :)

Hey there,

Yet I've got installed the MiUI 2.3.23 software on my SGS2. Without any problems. I configured my cellphone and the software and made an backup with CWM. After that System Updater told me that there is a new update available to 2.3.30. So I decided to download it and install it.

But it won't work?

What should I do now? Do I have to install it on another way or should it be installed on the normal way?

Thanks.

Sven

Hey there,

Yet I've got installed the MiUI 2.3.23 software on my SGS2. Without any problems. I configured my cellphone and the software and made an backup with CWM. After that System Updater told me that there is a new update available to 2.3.30. So I decided to download it and install it.

But it won't work?

What should I do now? Do I have to install it on another way or should it be installed on the normal way?

Thanks.

Sven
Download the ROM from the rom thread. Click the ROMs tab to get there.

Hey there,

To be safe. Download the ROMs from our website here and flash in recovery. Wiping /cache if your already on ICS. It seems the OTA sometimes grabs the update from MIUI.com and then merges changes with ours and creates an unstable system. Don't trust the OTA if its in Chinese. Only use it if its in English.

Wow is all I can say. Was this rom made for my sgs2 or did they make my sgs2 for this rom. Everything working so smooth it's not even a joke. Thank you so much. Downloaded rom after it was up for 20 minutes, installed first time and is still running smooth. Have not tested mms which I never use anyway. Thank you Mark for this outstanding piece of art. This is the best rom for this phone by far. Battery sucks almost no juice except for the juice I tell it to suck. I seriously love this rom. Have not had even 1 force close, been playing Angry Birds and Asphalt 6 HD with absolutely no lag whatsoever. The phones heat never goes above 36 degrees Celsius and after playing asphalt 6 for 2 hours I still got 89 percent battery. How the heck did you do this? Freakin awesome bro I got a lot of respect for your developing skills man. Thank you Sir.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

Only have to wipe cache? All my other settings and stuff will stay?

If your already on ICS, just wipe /cache and probably /dalvik-cache to be safe. If your on something else you must do the full system wipe.

You will only loose your stuff if you do a full wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.